This is absolutely insane ...

... I simply can not believe how ridiculous you guys are. The board is flooded with messages of how everyone but a select few need to be fired. Donahoe needs to go, Mularkey needs to go ... etc. I just want to ask a few questions.

1. If we let Nate Clements, Lawyer Milloy, and Troy Vincent leave we will have more money. No doubt. But with that money, will we be able to sign players who are equal to their calibur? I just dont think so. I personally believe Nate Clements is a good player. He will have a bad game here or there. That just happens to the best of NFL players. But if we do let him go, there is a chance (a very GOOD chance) that we will get another CB who is reallll bad. I still wish we didnt let Antoine Winfield go to Minnesota.

2. If we cut Mularkey, who will we hire? Do we promote Jerry Gray? Oh wait. Many on here want to fire him now ... even though he has brought us through 2 straight years of a top 3 defense. But - one bad year and he is gone!!! So who do we hire? Tell me! Who is it?

PS> everyone seems to think if we let Donahoe go, everything will get better ... i can only laugh at those people ... sorry

3. Moulds. I dont think I can get started on Moulds. Moulds is one of those guys that I believe has red/white/blue, Bills blood pulsing through his veins and he wants to win and bring a Lombardi Trophy back to Buffalo. But because he is slightly slower and coming off of a mere 88 reception season, he must go ... so we may have the chance to sign lineman that MAY have an impact ... or may not.

But hey ... i guess you are all right. If we get rid off Clements, Milloy, Vincent, Mike Williams, Bennie Anderson, Eric Moulds, Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey, we will be a 10x better team ...

... HOW COULD I HAVE NOT SEEN THE LIGHT BEFORE!!!!! ;)

1. If we let Nate Clements, Lawyer Milloy, and Troy Vincent leave we will have more money. No doubt. But with that money, will we be able to sign players who are equal to their calibur? I just dont think so. I personally believe Nate Clements is a good player. He will have a bad game here or there.

519968[/snapback]

Have youa ctually WATCHED Nate Clements this year? he's been dreadful. Mental mistakes, bad penalties, dropped INTs, getting burnt by ANCIENT receivers. And Milloy and Vincent? Combined they're well over 70. They've got nothing left in the tank, amigo.

Have youa ctually WATCHED Nate Clements this year? he's been dreadful. Mental mistakes, bad penalties, dropped INTs, getting burnt by ANCIENT receivers. And Milloy and Vincent?  Combined they're well over 70. They've got nothing left in the tank, amigo.

519976[/snapback]

Thats fair. Now who do we pick up to replace Nate "burn me" Clements and the "ancient", veteran defensive backs?

hmmmm

Have youa ctually WATCHED Nate Clements this year? he's been dreadful. Mental mistakes, bad penalties, dropped INTs, getting burnt by ANCIENT receivers. And Milloy and Vincent?  Combined they're well over 70. They've got nothing left in the tank, amigo.

519976[/snapback]

Joe, how dare you critize a REAL Bills fan like daquixers...;)

Start the young guys.

It's OBVIOUS that the drop-off won't be that sharp, the defense SUCKS anyway.

519985[/snapback]

Im not following? What young guys? Eric King? Terence McGee? There already playing quite a bit.

My point is this - if we lose Nate Clements, then we have no one currently on our roster to fill in and take over.

Im not following? What young guys? Eric King? Terence McGee? There already playing quite a bit.

My point is this - if we lose Nate Clements, then we have no one currently on our roster to fill in and take over.

519997[/snapback]

Kevin Thomas willb e back next season.

I think King, McGee and Thomas will be a solid threesome. Let's start Leonhard at safety for the srest of the year and see what he's got.

1. It has always been a little questionable as to whether the success of the the Bills defense was because of LeBeau/Williams/Gray...or whether it was Gray. I'm thinking, these days it's the former.

2. There's a lot of cap room being used by 'impact' names that are not being 'impact' players. If it were my money, quite a few of these folks would be gone, replaced by FA and Draft and Trade....there's also the age factor on some of these guys.

3. Nate. Well, Nate has not helped Nate this year. And, btw, did he graduate from THE Ohio University? I have listened to elementary schools kids speak better...

1. It has always been a little questionable as to whether the success of the the Bills defense was because of LeBeau/Williams/Gray...or whether it was Gray. I'm thinking, these days it's the former.

2. There's a lot of cap room being used by 'impact' names that are not being 'impact' players. If it were my money, quite a few of these folks would be gone, replaced by FA and Draft and Trade....there's also the age factor on some of these guys.

3. Nate. Well, Nate has not helped Nate this year. And, btw, did he graduate from THE Ohio University? I have listened to elementary schools kids speak better...

520004[/snapback]

1. Gray had a #2 defense LAST year (without LeBeau and Williams)

2. Agreed ...

3. What does his speaking have to do with anything? Roscoe Parrish doesnt speak well either.

... I simply can not believe how ridiculous you guys are. The board is flooded with messages of how everyone but a select few need to be fired. Donahoe needs to go, Mularkey needs to go ... etc. I just want to ask a few questions.

1. If we let Nate Clements, Lawyer Milloy, and Troy Vincent leave we will have more money. No doubt. But with that money, will we be able to sign players who are equal to their calibur? I just dont think so. I personally believe Nate Clements is a good player. He will have a bad game here or there. That just happens to the best of NFL players. But if we do let him go, there is a chance (a very GOOD chance) that we will get another CB who is reallll bad. I still wish we didnt let Antoine Winfield go to Minnesota.

2. If we cut Mularkey, who will we hire? Do we promote Jerry Gray? Oh wait. Many on here want to fire him now ... even though he has brought us through 2 straight years of a top 3 defense. But - one bad year and he is gone!!! So who do we hire? Tell me! Who is it?

PS> everyone seems to think if we let Donahoe go, everything will get better ... i can only laugh at those people ... sorry

3. Moulds. I dont think I can get started on Moulds. Moulds is one of those guys that I believe has red/white/blue, Bills blood pulsing through his veins and he wants to win and bring a Lombardi Trophy back to Buffalo. But because he is slightly slower and coming off of a mere 88 reception season, he must go ... so we may have the chance to sign lineman that MAY have an impact ... or may not.

But hey ... i guess you are all right. If we get rid off Clements, Milloy, Vincent, Mike Williams, Bennie Anderson, Eric Moulds, Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey, we will be a 10x better team ...

... HOW COULD I HAVE NOT SEEN THE LIGHT BEFORE!!!!!  :doh:

519968[/snapback]

You best pick up a torch and join the Crusade on this one...cause there is no way you can Win this arguement until TD and MM lead this Team to a Play-Off appearence...And that is not going to happen any time soon... <_<

And for maybe the one-millionth time, it is not anyone on TSW's responsibility to fix the Bills problems...Get the right Front Office, Scouting Department, and Coaching Staff in place and let them do that job...No one here is an NFL GM, so if the foundation of your arguement is asking who will replace these Players and nothing more, it's kinda like saying a layman is not right about the pipe leaking because he can't tell you how to fix it, or what is the proper replacement part...If the pipe is leaking you call an expert...If an NFL Team sucks out loud you get better people to make the key decisions and Coach the Team...It is that simple...

1. Gray had a #2 defense LAST year (without LeBeau and Williams)

2. Agreed ...

3. What does his speaking have to do with anything? Roscoe Parrish doesnt speak well either.

520024[/snapback]

But I think that was a hold over from the schemes and org that Gray/Williams/LeBeau put in place. I want to believe that Jerry Gray was responsible, but am having a hard time concluding that after watching this defense (and, I'll admit, Spikes, Williams leaving has had a bigger impact than I would have expected).

On Nate, I guess you're right.....

You best pick up a torch and join the Crusade on this one...cause there is no way you can Win this arguement until TD and MM lead this Team to a Play-Off appearence...And that is not going to happen any time soon... <_<

And for maybe the one-millionth time, it is not anyone on TSW's responsibility to fix the Bills problems...Get the right Front Office, Scouting Department, and Coaching Staff in place and let them do that job...No one here is an NFL GM, so if the foundation of your arguement is asking who will replace these Players and nothing more, it's kinda like saying a layman is not right about the pipe leaking because he can't tell you how to fix it, or what is the proper replacement part...If the pipe is leaking you call an expert...If an NFL Team sucks out loud you get better people to make the key decisions and Coach the Team...It is that simple...

520032[/snapback]

Thats the best arguement i have heard so far. BUT - Unless your at practice, on the field ... etc ... you truly dont know what EXACTLY is leaking.

But I think that was a hold over from the schemes and org that Gray/Williams/LeBeau put in place. I want to believe that Jerry Gray was responsible, but am having a hard time concluding that after watching this defense (and, I'll admit, Spikes, Williams leaving has had a bigger impact than I would have expected).

520035[/snapback]

Yeah but it is not just that. It is Pat Williams, Takeo Spikes, Troy Vincent (hurt often) and Lawyer Milloy.

... HOW COULD I HAVE NOT SEEN THE LIGHT BEFORE!!!!!  <_<

519968[/snapback]

The POINT is...the whole organization NEEDS to be blown up. There's a bad seed in the front office and his damage can only be undone by a full housecleaning. Keep the current regime in place and destroy the franchise or clean house and the Bills could be respectable in 3 years. Three years or never, your choice.

Thats the best arguement i have heard so far. BUT - Unless your at practice, on the field ... etc ... you truly dont know what EXACTLY is leaking.

520037[/snapback]

Yep, you are right...but it is leaking like a sieve let me tell ya... <_<

520035[/snapback]

This defense was already looking bad before Spikes got hurt.Lets not kid ourselves.

People come here to express/exchange their opinions on the Bills and other topics. Those who are lashing out are fed up w/ the consistent losing; that's all. The problems come when people don't respect the opinions of others: when all they want is for someone (or, maybe, everyone) to just tell them that they're correct and that their point of view is the point of view. For instance, I have felt for many years that the Bills haven't done nearly enough to address their offensive line. I have articulated such in numerous posts here over the past 3 years. That doesn't mean I am closed minded to another view. I strongly believe what I've posted, but I find that by keeping an open mind, I discover other aspects that I may have overlooked.

Thats fair. Now who do we pick up to replace Nate "burn me" Clements and the "ancient", veteran defensive backs?

hmmmm

519982[/snapback]

Well, McGee and Greer would start with King at nickle. I'd keep LM one more year (just because I don't want to see CW on the field other than on ST) and let Vincent go. So we'd need to pick up a starting FS via free agency and a dime back via the draft. That doesn't seem that difficult....