moulds benched

maybe he missed a meeting or was late or something?  I dunno.

Either way, we are seeing next year's offense and I like it.  Lee Evans as the #1.  Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed as #2 and #3.

519036[/snapback]

I agree but I hope it doesnt end for EM in Buffalo this way.

maybe he missed a meeting or was late or something?  I dunno.

Either way, we are seeing next year's offense and I like it.  Lee Evans as the #1.  Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed as #2 and #3.

519036[/snapback]

Ineffectiveness is my guess. 9.5 yards per catch this year, folks. The QBs haven't helped, but that's still awful. For comparison, Larry Centers averaged 9.0 yards per catch his last year in Buffalo.

Ineffectiveness is my guess.  9.5 yards per catch this year,  folks.  The QBs haven't helped,  but that's still awful.  For comparison,  Larry Centers averaged 9.0 yards per catch his last year in Buffalo.

519056[/snapback]

Your kidding me right. Your benching Eric Moulds for ineffective play? Are you serious? Brandon --- you cant be serious.

It was a 'coaches decision'.   Seems rather obvious in that light that it was due to ineffectiveness.  At the very least,  they want to see what happens when he's out of the lineup.

519069[/snapback]

I understand what your saying ... but that is simply ridiculous. Should Carolina take Steve Smith out if Jake Delhomme cant get him the ball? Should San Fran take out Jerry Rice because Steve Young couldnt get him the ball? (hypotheticaly speaking)

Of course the answer is no ... our line doesnt give JP much time to throw and when it does, he is not always going to get him the ball. You also have to remember that until recently we were not calling any long ball plays, and when we did it was to Lee Evans.

How do you blame Eric Moulds for:

1. A bad offensive line

2. The coaches not calling any long plays that he is the main receiver???

Come on ...

The last few games, Moulds has been the "go to" guy. He's still the #1 receiver insofar as coverage is concerned, simply because he's not a speed/finesse guy like Evans and Parrish will be.

Understand his cap situation next year, but if he goes, Evans/Parrish could result in a Peerless Price situation in reverse. It seems we're at the point of the game where we need Moulds and those 5-15 yard catches he's known for.

I understand what your saying ... but that is simply ridiculous. Should Carolina take Steve Smith out if Jake Delhomme cant get him the ball? Should San Fran take out Jerry Rice because Steve Young couldnt get him the ball? (hypotheticaly speaking)

Of course the answer is no ... our line doesnt give JP much time to throw and when it does, he is not always going to get him the ball. You also have to remember that until recently we were not calling any long ball plays and when we did it was too Lee Evans.

How do you blame Eric Moulds for:

1. A bad offensive line

2. The coaches not calling any long plays that he is the main receiver???

Come on ...

519076[/snapback]

I don't blame him for the bad OL, inconsistent QB play, or the playcalling. I do, however, blame him for not doing more with the opportunities given to him. He's caught about 60 passes. Its hard to excuse 9.5 yards average on those catches. I think age and injuries have caught up to him.

The Bills seem to be realizing that its time to move on. They need to see what their young WRs can do with Moulds off the field.

Understand his cap situation next year, but if he goes, Evans/Parrish could result in a Peerless Price situation in reverse.  It seems we're at the point of the game where we need Moulds and those 5-15 yard catches he's known for.

519078[/snapback]

Yeah we're either gonna need to draft a wr get one in free agency or hope kevin everett turns out to be a great te

I don't blame him for the bad OL,  inconsistent QB play,  or the playcalling.  I do,  however,  blame him for not doing more with the opportunities given to him.  He's caught about 60 passes.  Its hard to excuse 9.5 yards average on those catches.  I think age and injuries have caught up to him.

The Bills seem to be realizing that its time to move on.  They need to see what their young WRs can do with Moulds off the field.

519084[/snapback]

Ok. But if those 54 catches were on plays that called for him to go 10 yards and cut back .... then how can the coaches sit him down for doing what he is supposed to do? Think about this ... 9 yards is still 9 yards. He has 54 catches with a 9.5 YPC ... that is 54 first downs, if he has the ball thrown to him.

Would you be happy if McGahee was averaging 3.0 yards per carry? No. He's getting opportunities, he's making some yards, but you expect a lot more from a starter getting as many chances as he has.

There's really no other explanation for it, unless Moulds had a tantrum on the sidelines or something.

Would you be happy if McGahee was averaging 3.0 yards per carry?  No.  He's getting opportunities,  he's making some yards,  but you expect a lot more from a starter getting as many chances as he has. 

There's really no other explanation for it,  unless Moulds had a tantrum on the sidelines or something.

519116[/snapback]

Well if McGahee was told to run 3 yards and fall down, then I wouldnt be mad at all (at him). However, I would be pissed at the coaches.

Most of Moulds's catches are 10 yard cuts ... if that is what the coaches are calling, then it is NOT Moulds fault for following the play-calling.

Well if McGahee was told to run 3 yards and fall down, then I wouldnt be mad at all (at him). However, I would be pissed at the coaches.

Most of Moulds's catches are 10 yard cuts ... if that is what the coaches are calling, then it is NOT Moulds fault for following the play-calling.

519118[/snapback]

I disagree. There are a lot of WRs who are asked to do the same thing as Moulds, particularly WCO WRs. How many starting NFL WRs are averaging under 10 yards per catch this year? Few, if any other than Moulds.

I don't blame Moulds entirely for it, but there comes a time when you have to acknowledge that it may be time to move on. At this point, I view him to be at a similar point in his career as Andre Reed around 1998 or so. He'll still get some catches and is an above average possession reciever, but the big plays aren't there anymore. The real problem is that Moulds has never been overly consistent, either.