There's hope for some of you yet

blzrul

French doctors perform first partial face transplant

09:44 AM CST on Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Associated Press

LYON, France - Doctors have performed the world's first partial face transplant, grafting a nose, lips and chin onto a patient disfigured by a dog bite, two French hospitals said Wednesday.

The surgery on the 38-year-old woman was performed Sunday, said a statement from medics at hospitals in Lyon and Amiens. The surgery was performed in Amiens in northern France, but doctors from both hospitals participated.

The statement said the woman was in "excellent" condition, and the transplanted organs looked "normal."

The woman was disfigured by a dog bite in May. The organs were taken from a donor who was brain dead, with the family's consent, the statement said.

Experts say the mouth and nose are the most difficult parts of the face to transplant.

Doctors elsewhere have performed scalp and ear transplants.

The organs were taken from a donor who was brain dead, with the family's consent, the statement said.

Kind of explains why we haven't seen Scott McLellan at White House press conferences since he attacked Congressman Murtha. Wonder if they took the foot out of his mouth before they transplanted it?

Kind of explains why we haven't seen Scott McLellan at White House press conferences since he attacked Congressman Murtha. Wonder if they took the foot out of his mouth before they transplanted it?

516404[/snapback]

Congressman Murtha.

Don't get me started on that bastard.

That was awfully generous of you.

516399[/snapback]

That's funny. :doh:

Too bad Debbie has a hide about three inches thick.

BF, Ice or Sue would be on their 33rd post about how you can't rattle their cage, or how they'll not talk to you anymore.

Priceless.

I'm going to go pour a beer over my head, now.

516777[/snapback]

Beer?? Don't waste a good beer!! If you are going to pour a beer over your head, make sure it is something like Bud or Coors Light. You know, something nobody would care about. :doh:

Beer?? Don't waste a good beer!! If you are going to pour a beer over your head, make sure it is something like Bud or Coors Light. You know, something nobody would care about.  :doh:

516781[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to the Triple. In Fed EX language, it's called "Machine Parts". Some temporarily displaced on business visiting Eskimo drank the last of my Crippen stash.

If you recall, I demanded a Belvedere Martini be dumped on my head, and was told I was a nice guy and a gentleman.

Never knew I had those diplomatic skills. Maybe I should look a little harder at this world peace stuff?

I'm looking forward to the Triple. In Fed EX language, it's called "Machine Parts". Some temporarily displaced on business visiting Eskimo drank the last of my Crippen stash.

If you recall, I demanded a Belvedere Martini be dumped on my head, and was told I was a nice guy and a gentleman.

Never knew I had those diplomatic skills. Maybe I should look a little harder at this world peace stuff?

516792[/snapback]

I am sending out shipments this weekend. Your "machine parts" should be arriving next week. The trippel has aged nicely. Even balance between malt and hops, followed by the warmth of the higher alcohol content.

I will be doing a Hoegaarden-type Belgian around Christmas time and then I will try to replicate Chimay Blue.

Whoa yourself now...

Friggin homebrewing beer snobs...

516804[/snapback]

Suck your Bud, and your Miller.

You and Coli should get a PBR room.

Farting bad beer farts is not cool. Unless, it's cool for you.

But, some heavily tatooed women are into that.

That's funny.  ;)

Too bad Debbie has a hide about three inches thick.

BF, Ice or Sue would be on their 33rd post about how you can't rattle their cage, or how they'll not talk to you anymore.

516749[/snapback]

Not BF, because he graduated in the bottom half of the top half of one of the top 50 high schools in East Sheepdip, Indiana, and still doesn't know how to cook pasta in less time than it takes me to frame a house... :doh:

That's why it's such a pleasure tossing barbs at Debbie. I don't have to come up with new material every page for twenty-seven friggin' pages. :D

Not BF, because he graduated in the bottom half of the top half of one of the top 50 high schools in East Sheepdip, Indiana, and still doesn't know how to cook pasta in less time than it takes me to frame a house...  :doh:

That's why it's such a pleasure tossing barbs at Debbie.  I don't have to come up with new material every page for twenty-seven friggin' pages.  :D

516835[/snapback]

You frame houses too? Truly a Renaissance man.

;)

Actually, he does. He has a woodworking-cabinet making thing going.

Oh wait...you knew that... :doh:

I don't love you anymore.

516862[/snapback]

"Does" is kind of an exaggeration. But I could, and could do a capable job of it, if I had to. I can even do plumbing and electrical without too much risk of killing myself. Might have trouble pouring a foundation or installing ductwork, though.

Actually, he does. He has a woodworking-cabinet making thing going.

Oh wait...you knew that... :doh:

I don't love you anymore.

516862[/snapback]

Sure you do. I have an arsenal of power tools any many would love to get his hands on. :D