Exerpt from Greg Easterbrook Column

Losman is anything at this point, 7 whole starts into his career  :doh:

What Gregg Easterbrook or any scribe has to say doesn't impress me. I bet I see the Bills play far more oftem than him and have enough sense to form my own opinions. He's a Buffalo born guy but most scribes get 3rd hand info, when writing their columns.

The Bills OL was at least average at times last season. Inconsistent but opportunities were there. This year they've completely collapsed in pass blocking and struggle to open any holes for the running game.

Glad the brain farting Bledsoe is gone. (Nice TD pass to Champ Bailey on Thanksgiving..er...it's the OL !  :doh: ). Year 13 and still dumb as ever. Screw his QB rating. It's about playing big with the game on the line. Remember the Steelers finale last year ? The final nail in the coffin of blunders.

Losman needs to play and hopefully won't get killed behind this current swiss cheese line.

516184[/snapback]

thankyou for pointing this out mark..ppl arround here seem to forget that drew had 10 years of xp b4 comeing to buffalo while JP has only 7 games...if you took bills Ol out next week and put jp behind it and then replayed the game with bledsoe behind it..bledsoe better have better numbers than jp just from his xp...dont get me wrong..neither would have great numbers behind this line but bledsoe should still have better numbers...the problem was with this oline bledsoe had better numbers but not good enough to take us to playoffs or make us look like a top 15 team.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills OL was at least average at times last season. Inconsistent but opportunities were there. This year they've completely collapsed in pass blocking and struggle to open any holes for the running game.

Great, the Bills OL was "average at times" last year. You do realize we were 9-7 last year, right? Further proof that the OL is the culprit.

Glad the brain farting Bledsoe is gone. (Nice TD pass to Champ Bailey on Thanksgiving..er...it's the OL !  :doh: ). Year 13 and still dumb as ever. Screw his QB rating. It's about playing big with the game on the line. Remember the Steelers finale last year ? The final nail in the coffin of blunders.

Show me a QB of any age who doesn't make mistakes. Seriously. Name one. Regardless, nobody was saying that DB was Montana/Manning-esque. The only thing we were trying to get through to people the past few years was that Bledsoe isn't the worst QB in the league by a *longshot* and that the main problem with the team is pass blocking, not the quarterback. "Anybody will be better than Bledsoe" looks pretty foolish right about now. Hopefully, once we improve the OL and get JPL some more playing time, it will all work out.

CW

Great, the Bills OL was "average at times" last year.  You do realize we were 9-7 last year, right?  Further proof that the OL is the culprit.

Show me a QB of any age who doesn't make mistakes.  Seriously.  Name one.  Regardless, nobody was saying that DB was Montana/Manning-esque.  The only thing we were trying to get through to people the past few years was that Bledsoe isn't the worst QB in the league by a *longshot* and that the main problem with the team is pass blocking, not the quarterback.  "Anybody will be better than Bledsoe" looks pretty foolish right about now.  Hopefully, once we improve the OL and get JPL some more playing time, it will all work out.

CW

516234[/snapback]

Our 9-7 recored was achieved by catching the scheduling break of a lifetime against 6 bad teams in a row, during which we had an inordinate # of ST and Defensive TD's.

Your defense of Bledsoe was understood the first 4000 times you posted it, which absolves him of most all notorious blunders he was directly responsible for. The hundreds of errant passes/one hoppers I witnessed him throwing ( with plenty of time to throw ) was not the fault of the OL but a lack of mechanics and ability. I also did witness the OL blowing many a block during his tenure but know how to differenciate between the 2 instances with this gift God gave me called "eyes".

Your desire to "educate us" about the OL is laughable, as if no one but you could see it over the last few years. Sometimes it's the line, sometimes it's the QB and many times it's both. We ALL get it but don't simplify it by just banging on the line and absolving the QB of everything.

I expect mistakes of inexperience from Losman. I didn't expect rookie mistakes from Bledsoe. Neither did the GM and Coaches, so they sent him packing for some very good reasons such as decision making and ability.

I agree. I think you give JP a offensive line next year and we'll have a hell of a quarterback.

Imagine that. A QB foundering because his offensive line is composed of corpses. I wonder what Drew thinks about that.

Great, the Bills OL was "average at times" last year.  You do realize we were 9-7 last year, right?  Further proof that the OL is the culprit.

516234[/snapback]

May I suggest that this is wrong also? You may claim it is the offensive line that is responsible for some increased production, but I can just as easily point to Bill Parcells as the conduit of success.

DB has been mediocre talent for every coach he ever played for except one - Parcells. Carroll couldn't do anything with him, Belichek couldn't do anything with him, Williams, Mularkey....

It is Parcells squeezing the blood out of that turnip. And he STILL fumbles away the game winning TD during a key divisional game....

Your defense of Bledsoe was understood the first 4000 times you posted it, which absolves him of most all notorious blunders he was directly responsible for. The hundreds of errant passes/one hoppers I witnessed him throwing ( with plenty of time to throw ) was not the fault of the OL but a lack of mechanics and ability. I also did witness the OL blowing many a block during his tenure but know how to differenciate between the 2 instances with this gift God gave me called "eyes".

516255[/snapback]

:D

I told him though...Wait till the end of the year before you judge Bledsoe God Almighty again...And I reminded him that DB was pretty darn good in his 1st 8 games as The Bills QB...Last check, QB Rating 86.1 and dropping...And based on the brand new dents in my Living Room Wall, I'm assuming My 2 Die Hard Cowboys-Fan roommates are not exactly loving DB right about now either... :D

:(

I told him though...Wait till the end of the year before you judge Bledsoe God Almighty again...And I reminded him that DB was pretty darn good in his 1st 8 games as The Bills QB...Last check, QB Rating 86.1 and dropping...And based on the brand new dents in my Living Room Wall, I'm assuming My 2 Die Hard Cowboys-Fan roommates are not exactly loving DB right about now either... :D

523034[/snapback]

The point is, he's still better than JPL (at this point). What happened to everyone (STOJAN?!?!?!) who said that we couldn't be any worse with JPL playing? The new rally cry is "JPL just needs experience." Nobody was saying that last year when they were kicking DB to the curb.

CW

May I suggest that this is wrong also?  You may claim it is the offensive line that is responsible for some increased production, but I can just as easily point to Bill Parcells as the conduit of success.

DB has been mediocre talent for every coach he ever played for except one - Parcells.  Carroll couldn't do anything with him, Belichek couldn't do anything with him, Williams, Mularkey....

There may be some truth to that. But again, we missed the playoffs by one game in two of the three seasons DB was here. It appears we're going to miss the playoffs by a lot more than a game this year...

I'm not saying DB was the answer here, but he definately wasn't the problem.

CW