Something is seriously wrong with offense

jahnyc

I think really strong coaching could overcome some of the deficiencies on this team, although I am not absolving TD of blame. I still don't understand why (i) TD picked a head coach with no prior head coaching experience if he believed that the team was playoff caliber in terms of talent and (ii) the team was inactive in free agency in the offseason. Most of us thought that the team had obvious weaknesses that needed to be addressed last offseason. None were.

I thought MM was brought in to fix the offense.  Our offense is boring and predicatble.  They continue to perform poorly.  Playing at home and no touchdown(s).  JP is under 200 yards again (even though his play seems to be improving).

It is either the o-line, the play calling or a combination of the two.  There is enough talent at the skill positions on this team to have at least an average offense, even with a below average oline and JP at qb (a virtual rookie).

MM is being outcoached.  No scoring, no adjustments and no creativity.  I understand that the defense also has problems, but our offense has been consistent in its inability to make big plays and score touchdowns.

513871[/snapback]

LMAO and some geniuses have even said we'd play better if cut Moulds now. :blink:

I thought MM was brought in to fix the offense.  Our offense is boring and predicatble.  They continue to perform poorly.  Playing at home and no touchdown(s).  JP is under 200 yards again (even though his play seems to be improving).

It is either the o-line, the play calling or a combination of the two.  There is enough talent at the skill positions on this team to have at least an average offense, even with a below average oline and JP at qb (a virtual rookie).

MM is being outcoached.  No scoring, no adjustments and no creativity.  I understand that the defense also has problems, but our offense has been consistent in its inability to make big plays and score touchdowns.

513871[/snapback]

More the line than the play-calling. Just comparing Carolina's line to Buffalo's today showed how far below even "decent" the line is...the few times FOX highlighted Wahle in the beginning of the game, pulling on running plays, notice how he pulled in front of the runner and blocked someone out of the play? Contrast that to the numerous times a Bills lineman is turned around, motionless, facing the Bills backfield, and blocking no one as McGahee runs into him. These friggin' mountainous wastes of protoplasm can't even execute a !@#$ing downfield block on a running play!!!. (And I'm not even asking much: just face towards the end zone and hit somebody on the other team. I'll worry about whether or not it's the right "somebody" after I see that much.) This line isn't just bad, it's hideously incompetent.

Which is not to absolve the play-calling, either...but the play-calling was better than usual today. Merely sickening instead of terminally putrid. Nor is it to absolve Losman, who still tends to stare at his primary receiver and has lousy footwork...neither of which, frankly, is worth addressing until he gets halfway decent blocking in front of him.

I'm guessing that it is terrible considering that they went 1-5.  Many coaches would encourage a bit more passing in losing situations.

(2-5 if you count KC,  in which combined they didn't go over 200.)

I'll have to see on average how long it takes a rookie qb to break 200.

513961[/snapback]

it took Ryan Fitzgerald, part of 1 game to throw for over 300 yards and lead a 21 point comeback to an overtime win yesterday.

But he has a brain.

Matt Schaub threw for over 300 in his first few games.

He also has a brain.

Kyle Orton probably hasn't thrown for over 200 yards, but he's 8-3.

Too bad neither had the awsome physical skills of JP to warrant giving up 3 draft picks for.

Maybe our coaches someday will let JP do what he does best- but don't hold your breath.