List of Alleged Deceptions

Mickey

:lol:

Even if Bush was a "pathological liar", I really doubt he would have been able to convince every other person in the administration to help him "embellish" just because he felt like he had to.  Especially when their lies would necessarily put them in a position where everyone would find out they were lying.  About a war.

512188[/snapback]

Because this administration is known for tolerating dissent without retribution?

We know what happened to former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Niell, who questioned the cost of the tax cuts too often. Or the guy who was appointed Faith-Based Initiative Czar.

And as far as Iraq goes, I think they sent a very clear message when they cashiered General Shinseki for his unconviently high estimates of the force levels needed in Iraq.

There are still a number of people who believe the war was the right thing to do, but are deeply offended and embarrassed at this administrations handling of it.

As opposed to fitting your ridiculous partisan politics!

512320[/snapback]

My politics may be ridiculous but they are in no way partisan. Probably time for you to stop trying to "get in this game." You just don't have the chops for it. Stick with explaining things the way you see them.

My politics may be ridiculous but they are in no way partisan.  Probably time for you to stop trying to "get in this game."  You just don't have the chops for it.  Stick with explaining things the way you see them.

512825[/snapback]

Actually, to be honest, you hate both parties equally, but you hate the Dems twice as equally.

Actually, to be honest, you hate both parties equally, but you hate the Dems twice as equally.

512915[/snapback]

That may be the best definition of AD's politics, or lack thereof (in his not so humble opinion) yet presented on this board.

I would however question the twice part. It should be at least thrice.

512915[/snapback]

Not quite. I despise the liberal ideology of turning over power to the faceless entity that is government. Throughout history it has proven to have consequences that far outweigh the marginal positives. I have a hell of alot more in common with the way Republicans campaign - but that doesn't translate when it comes to how they govern.

I'm sorry if I don't spend more time piling on the Republicans. I don't have a hell of alot to add to what has been stated over and over again. Generally, when I seem to defend them it's more of a disgust with the argument that the liberals are framing.

These arguments are the very lifeblood of why these 2 groups continue to remain in power.

Not quite.  I despise the liberal ideology of turning over power to the faceless entity that is government.  Throughout history it has proven to have consequences that far outweigh the marginal positives.  I have a hell of alot more in common with the way Republicans campaign - but that doesn't translate when it comes to how they govern.

I'm sorry if I don't spend more time piling on the Republicans.  I don't have a hell of alot to add to what has been stated over and over again.  Generally, when I seem to defend them it's more of a disgust with the argument that the liberals are framing.

These arguments are the very lifeblood of why these 2 groups continue to remain in power.

512927[/snapback]

I often think the same thing, but I wonder which is better:

A tax and spend Democrat against borrowing, or a borrow and spend Republican against taxing? I think this could be settled on a bus driving over a cliff.

I often think the same thing, but I wonder which is better:

A tax and spend Democrat against borrowing, or a borrow and spend Republican against taxing? I think this could be settled on a bus driving over a cliff.

512932[/snapback]

Or a bus backing up over a cliff.

It's all about having our guy in the drivers seat.

512915[/snapback]

Accurate description of my politics as well...and easily explained. The Democrats have no meaningful domestic, economic, or foreign policy to speak of. The Republicans have no domestic or economic policy, but they at least have a foreign policy I can disagree with.

Accurate description of my politics as well...and easily explained.  The Democrats have no meaningful domestic, economic, or foreign policy to speak of.  The Republicans have no domestic or economic policy, but they at least have a foreign policy I can disagree with.

513167[/snapback]

Hitler.