Mort Chat

Rico

John (Buffalo): Mort....is there any rumors or fallout in the wake of the Bills debacle at San Diego about Tom Donahoe??? I assume Mike Williams will not be with the Bills next year...is he possibly the biggest bust for an O-Lineman in the past 20 yrs???

Chris Mortensen: First of all, there are not rumors about Tom Donahoe. I still hear other personnel folks around the league saying the Bills have enough talent to be a playoff team. They had 10 starters returning on maybe the top defense in football. Who would have anticipated that Drew Brees would have a career day against them? Nobody! That falls on the coaches and players for one day. As for Mike Williams, he is clearly a huge bust, but he was projected by everybody in that draft to be a top 5 or 7 pick.

511183[/snapback]

Mort can say what he pleases, but MM is NOT to blame for our sub-par team.

I am not sure why folks are SO down on MM. He has made a few shakey moves, this is a fact, but why do people forget some of the wise decisions he has made in his first 1 1/2 years?

TD is the person who has continued to squander picks on injured "skill players" while we suffer up front on both sides, where it counts the most.

In 04, it was MM, NOT TD who kept this football team together after starting the season at 0-4.

Going into this football game vs. the Panthers, MM is not my greatest worry. I am more concerned about a defense which cannot stop the run, and an an inexperienced (although imo improving) qb playing behind a sad sack OL.

Is MM as good as Fox? No, but why would any fan expect him to be? He is still learning, but he has courage, and I admire this.

TD has turned the Buffalo Bills Football Team into a dog and pony show.

At this point, I hold litle faith in him in terms of building a strong, tough football team. At the same time, I am pretty sure that soon, MM will be a fine coach either here or somewhere else. If this projection is wrong, remember that it was TD who hired him. MM didn't hire himself.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!