Happy Thanksgiving

Dr. K

Maybe I'm a day early, but in the midst of this season of our discontent, I offer a few things I think we might be thankful for, despite the fact that Mike Williams is not what we hoped he would be.

1. Good food, which for me includes roast turkey (dark meat, please), fresh cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, and pumpkin pie.

2. Weather. That includes sun, rain, snow, fresh air, falling leaves, and leaves that don't fall.

3. Family. Despite the fact that they can drive you crazy. That especially goes for children, who, until they figure out how to upload us all as digital information into computers, are the only tase of immortality you will ever have.

4. Friends. Otherwise we would all be solipsists.

5. Interesting work. It would be heaven if we all had jobs that challenged but did not kill us, kept our minds alive, provided enough income to support ourselves, and did not destroy the world in the process.

6. Sex. Even when it's bad, it's good, and when it's good, to borrow the words of a wise man in another context, "Where would you rather be than right, here, right now?"

Here's to all of you, and to a sense of perspective.

Maybe I'm a day early, but in the midst of this season of our discontent, I offer a few things I think we might be thankful for, despite the fact that Mike Williams is not what we hoped he would be.

1. Good food, which for me includes roast turkey (dark meat, please), fresh cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, and pumpkin pie.

2. Weather.  That includes sun, rain, snow, fresh air, falling leaves, and leaves that don't fall.

3. Family.  Despite the fact that they can drive you crazy.  That especially goes for children, who, until they figure out how to upload us all as digital information into computers, are the only tase of immortality you will ever have.

4. Friends.  Otherwise we would all be solipsists.

5. Interesting work.  It would be heaven if we all had jobs that challenged but did not kill us, kept our minds alive, provided enough income to support ourselves, and did not destroy the world in the process.

6.  Sex.  Even when it's bad, it's good, and when it's good, to borrow the words of a wise man in another context, "Where would you rather be than right, here, right now?"

Here's to all of you, and to a sense of perspective.

511084[/snapback]

Back at ya, DK. But, stop making me think (solipsists, indeed).

Gobble Gobble

A great, safe Thanksgiving holiday to all, but what's all this nonsense about sloppy cysts?

Marv

511275[/snapback]

Get back to work, Slacker!

All the best to you, Mom, Dad and the rest of the Pollocks.

Get back to work, Slacker!

All the best to you, Mom, Dad and the rest of the Pollocks.

511280[/snapback]

[/quote

Just waiting 'til I see the boss's tail lights! Give my regards to all at the big fish and goose soiree' tomorrow - and here's what you're missing back in The BuffTown...

Marv

World's Largest Disco

Cheers,

Senatorius Maximus