Thurman, Reed, Ralph HOF semi-finalists

BuffMoose

Thurman does NOT belong in the conversation of greatest NFL RB ever. But he was still a great great back who should make it first ballot. TT is not in the same league as Jim Brown.OJ,Gale Sayers,Payton,etc.

510709[/snapback]

On what basis?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy used to completely outkick his coverage... I'm not sure he necessarily deserves the title of best punter in NFL history.

As for Steve Tasker, they guy isn't even on the Wall of Fame, how can the guy (whom I admittedly consider the Greatest Buffalo Bill) possibly make a case for the Hall of Fame without even being on the Wall of Fame?

JDG

510693[/snapback]

Re: Guy... Greatest Punter Ever...hands down. You are correct, sometimes he out kicked his coverage...coverage shouldda been better, in my book.

As for Tasker you have a point...although there is no relationship between the Bills WOF and the NFL's HOF. You klnow he WILL be on the WOF soon. However, his chances at the HOF may be hurt til he is up on the other Wall.

Re: Guy... Greatest Punter Ever...hands down.  You are correct, sometimes he out kicked his coverage...coverage shouldda been better, in my book.

As for Tasker you have a point...although there is no relationship between the Bills WOF and the NFL's HOF.  You klnow he WILL be on the WOF soon.  However, his chances at the HOF may be hurt til he is up on the other Wall.

511099[/snapback]

Exactly, if I'm an NFL HOF selector, and I'm trying to pare down this incredibly well-qualified group.... not being in the WOF is just the sort of marginal difference I need to select someone else.

JDG

If you look at the stats of the 3 WRs up for the hall this year, I don't think there's any question who should be going in first. These are the PER SEASON averages for each player. Monk and Reed played 16 years, Irvin played 12.

Rec Yards TD

Irvin 62 992 5

Monk 59 795 4

Reed 59 824 5

Also their per catch average, Irvin 15.9, Reed 13.9 and Monk 13.5.

I love Andre, and think he should get in, Monk was the all time leader in catches for a minute, but tier stats while nice don't compare to Irvin. Nt to mention that Irvin was THE PLAYMAKER in his day. Besides Rice, Irvin was the most feared WR in the NFL for many years in the 1990s. His sats arent far and away beyond the other 2, but if he played a few more years he would have passed them even on the all-time lists.