Dumbest Stat Ever....

ajzepp

They just put up a stat on Samkon Gado saying he's the "youngest (23) player in NFL history to score 3 TDs on his birthday"......wtf?

The chances of even having a GAME on your birthday during your NFL career are rare enough, let alone scoring a TD......not to mention THREE..... :)

They just put up a stat on Samkon Gado saying he's the "youngest (23) player in NFL history to score 3 TDs on his birthday"......wtf? 

The chances of even having a GAME on your birthday during your NFL career are rare enough, let alone scoring a TD......not to mention THREE.....  :)

509713[/snapback]

I don't know. If in fact it is possible for somebody to research that and state it definatively, that would be amazing. It seems like it would take some in depth research.

I don't know.  If in fact it is possible for somebody to research that and state it definatively, that would be amazing.  It seems like it would take some in depth research.

509766[/snapback]

Do you really think so?

How would you approach such task? It seems to be it would be easier than it seems.

thats a good stat....weather has a factor

509760[/snapback]

I know weather is a factor. However, 63 games, assuming they are including playoffs, is rougly 8 seasons...weather was not a factor tonight, no wind...it is an interesting stat, but does not really indicative of anything about how difficult it is to kick a 50+ field goal at Lambeau, after November 20th, only that it has not happened in the last 8 seasons...it might have had more relevance if they said how many had actually been attempted. As "weather has a factor", my guess is that there was not many...

What made it even more curious, is later in the game, when Minnesota was going for the winning field goal, they said that somebody, not sure who, had kicked a 56 yard game winner in OT, at Lambeau, the second longest in NFL OT history!

I know weather is a factor.  However, 63 games, assuming they are including playoffs, is rougly 8 seasons...weather was not a factor tonight, no wind...it is an interesting stat, but does not really indicative of anything about how difficult it is to kick a 50+ field goal at Lambeau, after November 20th, only that it has not happened in the last 8 seasons...it might have had more relevance if they said how many had actually been attempted.  As "weather has a factor", my guess is that there was not many...

What made it even more curious, is later in the game, when Minnesota was going for the winning field goal, they said that somebody, not sure who, had kicked a 56 yard game winner in OT, at Lambeau, the second longest in NFL OT history!

509830[/snapback]

they were talking about edinger in the metrodome

they were talking about edinger in the metrodome

509833[/snapback]

My bad...was only half watching at that point....

However, the more I think about it, in 7 seasons, there was probably roughly 30 games played, after Novemeber 20th (I am including playoffs)....how many 50+ yard field goals would you think were attempted? The Packers attempted only 3 fg's of 50 or more all of last year, the entire season, and only 5 attempts in the last 3 years... I stand corrected again, it is not a dumb stat, just an irrelevent stat....

My bad...was only half watching at that point....

However, the more I think about it, in 8 seasons, there was probably roughly 30-32 games played, after Novemeber 20th (I am including playoffs)....how many 50+ yard field goals would you think were attempted?  The Packers attempted only 3 fg's of 50 or more all of last year, the entire season,  and only 5 attempts in the last 3 years...it is a fairly meaningless stat!

509843[/snapback]

quit thinking about it....if the probability of making the field goal is slight then of course they are not going to attempt as many...........michaels knows his audience isnt as astute as you :devil:

quit thinking about it....if the probability of making the field goal is slight then of course they are not going to attempt as many...........michaels knows his audience isnt as astute as you  :devil:

509845[/snapback]

Your right, I have given this way too much thought. A 50+ yard field goal is tough anywhere, any time of the season...thanks for calling me astue! :doh:

The chances of even having a GAME on your birthday during your NFL career are rare enough, let alone scoring a TD......not to mention THREE.....  :devil:

509713[/snapback]

some guy at fuddruckers tonight was making that same argument to his buddies while i plowed my burger.

I don't know.  If in fact it is possible for somebody to research that and state it definatively, that would be amazing.  It seems like it would take some in depth research.

509766[/snapback]

They have all that stuff in a database. Just search for player + today's date + birthdate +td's or some such.

That's how they come up with these meaningless things on a moment's notice.