Who are some possible future gm's for the bills?

first, donohoe isn't going anywhere. re adams, you're confusing him with aj smith, who indeed had a bitter breakup with ralph. dwight stayed loyal to ralph. his problem is that closing in on 70 years old. he's got about as much chance as marv returning as head coach.

510337[/snapback]

I don't agree that TD is not going anywhere {dang double negatives}. I seriously think if we continue to slide downwards, TD is gone. While on the subject of Marv, can he be the GM ? He obviously knows football and personnel. I am not sure what else it takes - negotiating skills, financial savvy ? He is too old to coach but may not be too old to strategize.

first, donohoe isn't going anywhere. re adams, you're confusing him with aj smith, who indeed had a bitter breakup with ralph. dwight stayed loyal to ralph. his problem is that closing in on 70 years old. he's got about as much chance as marv returning as head coach.

510337[/snapback]

Well I dont know what the rumor was, but I'm sure Adams would only be considered for the Job of once again running the Scouting Department, and not the Job of GM. In essense replacing Tom Modrak who was the TD hire that basically forced Adams out the door in the 1st place...

510337[/snapback]

Marv returing as head coach is lookin' much better than TD's last two brain-sprains!

A General Manager, in my opinion, must establish a well run business venture with his product and consumer in mind. The Buffalo Bills could be "run" by an ex Ford executive, as long as he has a staff that provides him with the proper information. One of my points was that Theo Epstein HAS run a successful professional sports franchise and the prospects are bright that he will continue in that vein. If the owner of the Buffalo Bills really wanted a winner in this town, he would simply provide someone like Epstein the organizational tools to accomplish the task. My only point otherwise was that historically, Jim Finks had done EXACTLY that that I had claimed! The premise is sound in my world, with a little bit of history to back it up!!

A General Manager, in my opinion, must establish a well run business venture with his product and consumer in mind. The Buffalo Bills could be "run" by an ex Ford executive, as long as he has a staff that provides him with the proper information. One of my points was that Theo Epstein HAS run a successful professional sports franchise and the prospects are bright that he will continue in that vein. If the owner of the Buffalo Bills really wanted a winner in this town, he would simply provide someone like Epstein the organizational tools to accomplish the task. My only point otherwise was that historically, Jim Finks had done EXACTLY that that I had claimed! The premise is sound in my world, with a little bit of history to back it up!!

511364[/snapback]

Preposterous. Epstein was a personnel man, too. It's inconceivable that he'd take a job that would not play to his strengths to indulge some whim that he's never discussed to work in football and manage a team strictly from the business end. And, BTW, the Red Sox would be fiscally successful due to their rabid fanbase regardless of what they put on the field. Hundred year-old teams tend to build up a fanbase and a history. I can't see what any of this has to do with management of the Buffalo Bills. Probably because it doesn't have anything to do with them. Oh, and if this ridiculous non-occurrence were to ever happen, the rollercoaster here would have a ball with it when it inevitably didn't work out:

"Ralph hired a guy with NO PRIOR football experience! Let's all boycott!"

"Theo STILL hasn't fixed the offensive line."

"He gets a pass, Donahoe left us with such a big mess!"

...Ad nauseum. Fun.