Report from the Game

So we arrived at the stadium at around 9 am....got out bbq out, and cracked open some beers. I was amazed at how many bills fans there were around us (and we weren't near that huge bills backers group) Next to us were some guys from Rochester, one of them a cousin of a good friend from back home. Also, a guy I played soccer with in High School pulled up 3 cars down, small world. I actually came close to losing my voice in the parking lot, screaming and cheering with other bills fans around us. One truck came blazing into the lots, with the bills flag out of the sun roof, pumping the Bills make me wanna shout song. I then proceeded to take the flag, jump up on the top of our car and start waving it around wildly. (see link for pics)

It was a great time in the parking lot to say the least. Inside the stadium was a different story.

We had great seats. (see link for pics). And the chargers fans around us were not demeaning in anyway. Sure, they could have been. The Chargers owned us for the entire game...J.P. looked as horrible live as he did on the field I'm sure. The bills were a total buzz kill and made it hard to walk out of the stadium. Going inside, there seemed to be a ton of bills fans everywhere....on the way out, I didnt see many at all...most likely they all left at halftime.

Here are some pictures from our time down in diego.

http://homepage.mac.com/stephenjames716/PhotoAlbum62.html

Peace,

Steve

So we arrived at the stadium at around 9 am....got out bbq out, and cracked open some beers. I was amazed at how many bills fans there were around us (and we weren't near that huge bills backers group) Next to us were some guys from Rochester, one of them a cousin of a good friend from back home. Also, a guy I played soccer with in High School pulled up 3 cars down, small world. I actually came close to losing my voice in the parking lot, screaming and cheering with other bills fans around us. One truck came blazing into the lots, with the bills flag out of the sun roof, pumping the Bills make me wanna shout song. I then proceeded to take the flag, jump up on the top of our car and start waving it around wildly. (see link for pics)

It was a great time in the parking lot to say the least. Inside the stadium was a different story.

We had great seats. (see link for pics). And the chargers fans around us were not demeaning in anyway. Sure, they could have been. The Chargers owned us for the entire game...J.P. looked as horrible live as he did on the field I'm sure. The bills were a total buzz kill and made it hard to walk out of the stadium. Going inside, there seemed to be a ton of bills fans everywhere....on the way out, I didnt see many at all...most likely they all left at halftime.

Peace,

Steve

509411[/snapback]

Nice post! - glad you had a good time and didn't get chided.

Peace,

Steve

509411[/snapback]

Must've been a blast (pre-game that is)! Thanks for the links.

The thing that surprised me a little was that knowing the Bills nation was going to be so well represented, from the TV pictures you could hardly tell there was even one Bills fan in the house. All they showed was throngs of enthusiastic Charger freaks. I thought they'd take notice of the large Bills contingent and at least show them during Bills scores (they did have two). There was nothing worthwhile to watch during game action, so I was hoping to see some of the faithful taking over their house :)

Must've been a blast (pre-game that is)!  Thanks for the links. 

The thing that surprised me a little was that knowing the Bills nation was going to be so well represented, from the TV pictures you could hardly tell there was even one Bills fan in the house.  All they showed was throngs of enthusiastic Charger freaks.  I thought they'd take notice of the large Bills contingent and at least show them during Bills scores (they did have two).  There was nothing worthwhile to watch during game action, so I was hoping to see some of the faithful taking over their house  :)

509483[/snapback]

The main groups were in the upper deck. The lower bowl was more Charger fans and that is what you mainly saw on TV, I would guess. There were lots of Bills fans there- close to 10k I'd say. Our tailgate was surrounded by Bills fans and we were not anywhere near one of the two big gatherings.

I agree...there were an incredible number of Bills fans at that game. In the parking lot before (and after), I couldn't believe how many were there.

If the Bills had actually done anything worth cheering, I think people would have definitely noticed the noise from the Bills fans there.