Parcells should have taken the day off....

Buftex

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen Bill Parcells so placid on the sidelines, during a game.  If an NFL coach can't take a day off when his brother dies, when can he take a day off?

503303[/snapback]

wow--didnt know his brother died. tough decision...-tough to coach or do anything when you are in that 'what does it matter'? mindset.

wow--didnt know his brother died. tough decision...-tough to coach or do anything when you are in that 'what does it matter'? mindset.

503308[/snapback]

His younger brother, Don, died on Friday (I think- maybe Saturday) of brain cancer. The funeral was this morning. Give ABC some credit for not over-hyping it (ala ESPN/Brushci), but you can just see it on his face, he is not all there tonight.

Jim Kelly went to a NASCAR race the weekend after Hunter died. Different people have their own ways of dealing with their grief, either by throwing themselves into their work or distracting themselves and I make no judgments.

But yeah, seeing Parcells docile and weepy (his face just looks like droopy PlayDough), it might have been better for him to sit this one out.

Jim Kelly went to a NASCAR race the weekend after Hunter died. Different people have their own ways of dealing with their grief, either by throwing themselves into their work or distracting themselves and I make no judgments.

But yeah, seeing Parcells docile and weepy (his face just looks like droopy PlayDough), it might have been better for him to sit this one out.

503330[/snapback]

Oh, I wasn't passing judgement, just feeling a little sorry for the guy. I have tons of respect for the tuna, even though he is coaching the Cowboys. It is just amazing what these guys (the coaches I am talking about) put themselves through...ever see how much younger Gregg Williams looks now that he is a DC again?