MNF Start Time.....

Frez

I heard the real reason they scrapped the 8 PM start was because of betting reasons.

503248[/snapback]

??????????????????????????????????????

I'm not doubting you heard that (I would never question your verisimility)...but did you ask for an explanation? How would the start time impact the betting?

BTW, the legit answer (well, the "official" answer) is the viewership and ad dollars explanation given several times in this thread. But, maybe there's a hidden reason we're not considering.

It's great for Alaska. Game starts at 5:00PM - over by 8:30.

Of course, it also means Sunday FB starting at 9:00AM - which seriously kicks ass.

But living in Alaska sucks - just ask Jimmuh the e-dog.

504149[/snapback]

I worked with a guy who was from Ohio but worked in Hawaii. Said it was weird popping pocorn and cracking open the beers at 6:00am. I agreed that is was strange, I mean really, who eats popcorn at 6:00am. :rolleyes:

I worked with a guy who was from Ohio but worked in Hawaii.  Said it was weird popping pocorn and cracking open the beers at 6:00am.  I agreed that is was strange, I mean really, who eats popcorn at 6:00am.  :lol:

504399[/snapback]

Funniest thing I've read in a long time. Easy set up, but still, I fell for it completely. :rolleyes::blink::lol:

I've said this before, and it doesn't really require repeating, but !@#$ it.

Getting adjusted to watching the games start at 10 a.m. after growing up on the East Coast was absolutely painful. I'd get together with a Backers group in whichever city I was living, we'd go to a bar, they'd close the doors and blind the windows and suddenly football was on and my body would forget it was only 9:30 a.m., so it would order up a beer, and some wings, and watch the games the way I always did. Unfortunately, when the game was over, it wasn't 4 p.m., it was freakin' 1 p.m. and I was already hammered and by the time the afternoon games were over, I was toast and headed to bed by 7 p.m.

Thanks god for the Ticket. If I'm going to get hammered by 1 p.m., I'm freakin' doing it at home where they appreciate a good afternoon drunkard.

504335[/snapback]

Agree completely. I used to have to set my alarm to get up for the home games when I had season tix at 7 am and if it was a road game I got up whenever, never after noon or so. Now I set my alarm for 8:30 am and am always scrambling to get to the bar by 10 am. It's tough to get used to, definitely.

However the 5:30 SNF starting time and 6 MNF starting time are awesome. First week this year, since I just moved to Vegas in May, I was about to go to bed after the Colts-Ravens SN'er and realized it was about 9pm. That's sweet.

I lived in Oregon for 2 years. Up at 7:00 Am on Sundays to make it to the closest sports bar by 8:30 they served breakfast & Bloody Marys. I used to get up about that time when I lived in Buffalo anyway to tailgate. Like LA said by 4:00 I was hammered also, and had to put up with a lot of Raider Aholes (No Seahawk fans in the bar at all). I bought the ticket in year 2. On Monday I might miss the first Quarter. I think it is asking East coast fans a lot more to stay up all night to see the end of an exciting game than for the west to miss the first Quarter. I TIVO the games now and watch the next AM when they go past 12:00