On 1st and 10, 2 minute warning - KNEEL!

Fezmid

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first down play was before the 2 min. warning I think.

Nope.

1st and 10 at KC 44 (2:00) W.McGahee right guard to KC 44 for no gain (R.Scanlon).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=251113002

Therefore the rest of your argument is completely wrong, and it was not a no-win situation for MM.

CW

Every play or every questionable play?  And if that's true, why isn't every play called to be reviewed subsequently overturned by the on-field ref?  Just wondering.

501722[/snapback]

AD is saying that the booth looks at every play to determine whether it should be reviewed or not (they never do the actual review).

CW

Every play or every questionable play?  And if that's true, why isn't every play called to be reviewed subsequently overturned by the on-field ref?  Just wondering.

501722[/snapback]

Here's the rule:

Replay Assistant's Request for Review: After the two-minute warning of each half, and throughout any overtime period, any Referee Review will be initiated by a Replay Assistant. There is no limit to the number of Referee Reviews that may be initiated by the Replay Assistant. His ability to initiate a review will be unrelated to the number of timeouts that either team has remaining, and no timeout will be charged for any review initiated by the Replay Assistant.

That means the booth looks at every play inside two minutes and determines which ones need to be "Referee Reviewed."

The first down play was before the 2 min. warning I think.  If I'm right about that then there wouldn't have been any way to kneel down and run down enough clock to keep K.C. from getting the ball back.  It's easy to say "So what if K.C. gets the ball back they probably wouldn't have won anyway."  Had they gotten the ball back and somehow pulled it off everyone would be calling MM & crew idiots for not realizing that they couldn't kill all of the clock by taking a knee and they'd ask "Why didn't we just run the ball?"  It's truly a no-win situation with some people.

501713[/snapback]

Huhh?

I watched the McGahee fumle 3 times. It did not look at all close to me.

Yes, the Bills could have kneeled to run out the clock. The various posts aout 25-second clocks ae boggling my mind. But, the math meant it would have been close: but there were 3 40-second clocks the bills could have run out (after 1st, 2nd, 3rd downs).

The announcers said at the end of the third quarter they were having trouble with the clocks

<I have to mock them here>

For some reason all of the clocks in the stadium are black, they have zeros where the numbers usually are... and because of that, all of our clocks also say zero.... uum, oh, now they say 15:00. We'll be back with the start of the fourth quarter....

</mocking>

Is it possible there was a real problem with the clocks/scoreboard that meant the Bills might not realise/remember KC didn't have any time outs?

Anyone at the game notice any problems ith the staium clocks?

I watched the McGahee fumle 3 times.  It did not look at all close to me.

Yes, the Bills could have kneeled to run out the clock.  The various posts aout 25-second clocks ae boggling my mind.  But, the math meant it would have been close: but there were 3 40-second clocks the bills could have run out (after 1st, 2nd, 3rd downs). 

The announcers said at the end of the third quarter they were having trouble with the clocks

<I have to mock them here>

For some reason all of the clocks in the stadium are black, they have zeros where the numbers usually are... and because of that, all of our clocks also say zero....  uum, oh, now they say 15:00.  We'll be back with the start of the fourth quarter....

</mocking>

Is it possible there was a real problem with the clocks/scoreboard that meant the Bills might not realise/remember KC didn't have any time outs?

Anyone at the game notice any problems ith the staium clocks?

501737[/snapback]

If the bills didnt realize the chiefs had no TOs left--then we are in bigger trouble than any of us could imagine.

If the bills didnt realize the chiefs had no TOs left--then we are in bigger trouble than any of us could imagine.

501740[/snapback]

I'd prefer to think someone was confused (is it possible the scoreboard said they did have a TO?) than to think they couldn't figure out that they could kneel to win.

That was fixed at the start of the 4th. And if CBS knew KC didn't have any timeouts, I think the BIlls did too.

CW

I was wrong on the 25 sec play-clock - it's only 25 seconds after referees stop the clock or an O/B play. Still, Bills would have had to punt if they simply knelt down. That gives KC a chance to block or run it back and still have time for onside.

Running the ball was correct, being careless with the ball was not.

That was fixed at the start of the 4th.  And if CBS knew KC didn't have any timeouts, I think the BIlls did too.

CW

501823[/snapback]

Its simple, Mularkey's an idiot. I have NEVER seen so many bad calls by a coaching staff where the team still won the game. lordy, I was screaming, and i do mean screaming(ask Mr Info) what idiots they were as soonas they ran the first pay(fight ensued). Then the fumble and I just about went though the roof.

I have been a MM supporter, but he needs to be crucified for this and the 4yh down play call, plain and simple

I was wrong on the 25 sec play-clock - it's only 25 seconds after referees stop the clock or an O/B play.  Still, Bills would have had to punt if they simply knelt down.  That gives KC a chance to block or run it back and still have time for onside.

Running the ball was correct, being careless with the ball was not.

501829[/snapback]

Starting after 2:00 warning

1st Down: kneel (40 seconds run off, 1:20 left)

2nd Down: kneel (40 seconds run off, :40 left)

3rd Down: kneel (40 seconds run off, no time left)

No need for fourth down, but if a couple seconds are left, go ahead and punt, or take a 30 yard sack...

No need for fourth down, but if a couple seconds are left, go ahead and punt, or take a 30 yard sack...

501833[/snapback]

Who was the caoch og the Gints for the Famous Pichashik(sp) play, Betcha he didn't have a job at the end of the season

This game was shaping up that way

Don't forget that to snap the ball and kneel down consumes about 2-3 seconds off the clock, i.e. before they start the 40-second play clock. So the Bills could and SHOULD have taken a knee. I can only think that they wanted to stick it to the Chefs and/or get Willis his yards, which again is stupid.