question on madden 2006

Horus

just a quick ? on punt returns...every time i go to return a punt it seems the other teams are fully loaded with taskers....what do u guys do to get a actual punt return?...the guys are alwys down there waiting for me to catch the ball and it seems i fumble about 75% of the time...what am i doing wrong?..lol, i always win but would like to improve this area...thx

501005[/snapback]

This have denitely pissed me off about madden this year. I have to to call a fair catch every damn time, and when I might get a little space to make a return, its only enough to go about 5 yards. I hope they fix the glitch cos I've had a great history of returning punts in madden.

BTW, I'm in my 4th season with the Bills, On All-Pro level, and I just smashed the rcoed books by having McGahee rush for 3,045 yards and 30 TDs. Yes yes, I have created a monster.

This have denitely pissed me off about madden this year.  I have to to call a fair catch every damn time, and when I might get a little space to make a return, its only enough to go about 5 yards.  I hope they fix the glitch cos I've had a great history of returning punts in madden.

BTW, I'm in my 4th season with the Bills, On All-Pro level, and I just smashed the rcoed books by having McGahee rush for 3,045 yards and 30 TDs.  Yes yes, I have created a monster.

505152[/snapback]

I agree...in maddeon 04, it was waaaay too easy to return punts for TD's. Just take a guy back to block, and you could return 10-12 punts a season for TD's

This year, its impossible to return punts, the CPU is up your azz before the ball even gets there.

Last year's madden was quite realistic retuning punts, because you could take a guy back to block, and get some good returns, but only 1-2 TD's per season. Madden does need to change the whole "fumble if someone is near you when you return the punt" deal...

There used to be a time, when we'd get a bunch of people together, go to a field or a park, and play football.

Do people still do that? Or do we now just live vicariously through Ron Mexico?

505169[/snapback]

haha...flag football season just ended down here at FSU a little bit ago

I certainly hope it was Co-ed.

But, whatever. You're already whipped.

(Good place to be, BTW...we adjust, ain't never whipped)

505213[/snapback]

Well, technically it wasnt co-ed, but we had 3 girls that rotated on 2 starting DL spots...and we even went 3-1 with a playoff loss with that roster...

but damn, you should seen the sights on tuesday nights...that was our practice night, and it just happend to coincide with sorority flag football...oh my!

Well, technically it wasnt co-ed, but we had 3 girls that rotated on 2 starting DL spots...and we even went 3-1 with a playoff loss with that roster...

but damn, you should seen the sights on tuesday nights...that was our practice night, and it just happend to coincide with sorority flag football...oh my!

505221[/snapback]

DL Line in flag football told me all I needed to know.

Work well, Grasshopper.

DL Line in flag football told me all I needed to know.

Work well, Grasshopper.

505224[/snapback]

:):):blush:

Hahaha... if you saw the 3 girls on our team, you'd understand. the three of them combined maybe would equal sam adams. Not your prototypical D-line :D

Nah, you just need to select the right side that the ball is going to come to.

For instance, if they are kicking from the left hash mark make sure you select the play to return the ball to the right side of the field. From the right has mark, return to the left, in the middle return to the middle.

Once you get that down you should be returning about 50% of your punts, worked for me at least....