The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

30dive

Now I don't want to turn this into a political argument, but I have to lay out all of the facts.  I hope no one gets offended.  Before the Fitzgeralds were married, Ella was a little loose.  Both Edmund and Lightfoot had slept with her.  Her maiden name was Reese.  You may remember her from Chico and the Man.  She was terrific in that.  There was a bit of a comptetition. 

500329[/snapback]

And...

The love-child of the Ella-Edmund fling grew up to be none-other-than Patrick Fitzgerald, who just prosecuted G. Gordon Lightfoot "scooter" Libby.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And...

The love-child of the Ella-Edmund fling grew up to be none-other-than Patrick Fitzgerald, who just prosecuted G. Gordon Lightfoot "scooter" Libby.

500344[/snapback]

In my note I had told you to I wanted to keep politics out. You are right that the Fitzgeralds are connected to the Libby case, but the prosecutor is not their son. He's something like a third cousin.

The Fitzgeralds and Libbys were in business together for many years. It was primarily distribution. That is how Edmund got his money for the boat.

One day at the warehouse, a pallet of anvils fell on two other pallets. One was oranges, the other was cranberries. Now this sort of thing happened all the time. This time when clean up was being done, one of the Libby kids put his hand down in the mess. He noticed it smelled good. It tasted good too this mixture of oranges and cranberries. This launched the idea for a variety of juices.

When the Fitzgeralds hemmed and hawed about the Libby's new idea of selling the juice, they decided to accept the Libby family's offer of a leveraged buy out. It wsa all quite amicable until business started booming. There was jealousy on the part of the Fitzgeralds and the Libbys sensed this.

Flush with cash and always having been pricks anyway they decided the new company song should be:

It says Libby's Libby's Libby's on the label label label.

Although it was certainly immature, it does not justify the Fitzgerald vendetta that has ensued.

In my note I had told you to I wanted to keep politics out.  You are right that the Fitzgeralds are connected to the Libby case, but the prosecutor is not their son.  He's something like a third cousin.

The Fitzgeralds and Libbys were in business together for many years.  It was primarily distribution.  That is how Edmund got his money for the boat.

One day at the warehouse, a pallet of anvils fell on two other pallets.  One was oranges, the other was cranberries.  Now this sort of thing happened all the time.  This time when clean up was being done, one of the Libby kids put his hand down in the mess.  He noticed it smelled good.  It tasted good too this mixture of oranges and cranberries.  This launched the idea for a variety of juices.

When the Fitzgeralds hemmed and hawed about the Libby's new idea of selling the juice, they decided to accept the Libby family's offer of a leveraged buy out.  It wsa all quite amicable until business started booming.  There was jealousy on the part of the Fitzgeralds and the Libbys sensed this. 

Flush with cash and always having been pricks anyway they decided the new company song should be:

It says Libby's Libby's Libby's on the label label label.

Although it was certainly immature, it does not justify the Fitzgerald vendetta that has ensued.

500354[/snapback]

Now why was I never taught this in public school?

Superior, they said

Never gives up her dead

When the Gails of November

Come early

Who the hell are the Gails? Glad you asked. Legend has it they were the back-up singers for the McCoys. You can hear them in the background of "Hang on Snoopy".

McCoy was, of course, the doctor on Star Wars. I think he was Charles Schultz' neighbor growing up, which explains the Snoopy connection.

Superior, they said

Never gives up her dead

When the Gails of November

Come early

Who the hell are the Gails?  Glad you asked.  Legend has it they were the back-up singers for the McCoys.  You can hear them in the background of "Hang on Snoopy".

McCoy was, of course, the doctor on Star Wars.  I think he was Charles Schultz' neighbor growing up, which explains the Snoopy connection.

500662[/snapback]

It was a shame when McCoys lead guitarist John "Clyde" Derringer went on that bank-robbing spree with backup singer Bonnie Raitt. The band was never the same after that.

It was a shame when McCoys lead guitarist John "Clyde" Derringer went on that bank-robbing spree with backup singer Bonnie Raitt.  The band was never the same after that.

500677[/snapback]

When St. Bonaventure played in Syracuse, the hotel gave them the Bonnie Rate.

And wasn't DeForest Kelley the lead singer of the McCoys? He was a bricklayer who became famous. Oh wait, he was a doctor- not a bricklayer.

When St. Bonaventure played in Syracuse, the hotel gave them the Bonnie Rate.

And wasn't DeForest Kelley the lead singer of the McCoys?  He was a bricklayer who became famous.  Oh wait, he was a doctor- not a bricklayer.

500688[/snapback]

But he did have that "incident" with Doctor John, not that there's anything WRONG with that. I think it was all a result of inhaling those spores the time the Star Search ship visited that gay planet, where they met Marvin.

But he did have that "incident" with Doctor John, not that there's anything WRONG with that. I think it was all a result of inhaling those spores the time the Star Search ship visited that gay planet, where they met Marvin.

500762[/snapback]

What are you guys talking about? The only space movie DeForest Kelly was ever in was Battlefield Earth and that was set mostly on earth. There was no gay planet. He was also working with Travolta in Phenomenon.

I think he is a pretty good actor but he needs a new agent and a new diet. He gets bigger every time I sse him. He was HUGE in that movie Phone Booth which stank.

What are you guys talking about?  The only space movie DeForest Kelly was ever in was Battlefield Earth and that was set mostly on earth.  There was no gay planet.  He was also working with Travolta in Phenomenon. 

I think he is a pretty good actor but he needs a new agent and a new diet.  He gets bigger every time I sse him.  He was HUGE in that movie Phone Booth which stank.

500770[/snapback]

But he was also in "Night of the Lupus", about the four-foot tall carnivorous rabbits over-breeding in Australia...

But he was also in "Night of the Lupus", about the four-foot tall carnivorous rabbits over-breeding in Australia...

500993[/snapback]

Didn't that star Olivia Newton John? Daughter of Dr. John and Marvin Gaye? She's Australian, and might have lupus. I remember when Marvin's father offed him for sweating on stage too much. Motown never was quite the same, neither were Curly and Larry town. The theme song they all collaborated on for that movie was awesome, though. Who can ever forget "Slayin' Alive"? She looked good in the tight white suit, too.

You know I have been around here a pretty long time, post on a regular basis. I was raised on the Great lakes so with the 30th anniversary of the "wreck" I thought it might be a pretty interesting "OFF THE WALL" topic. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that this thread would be my most repsonded too! Never mind that 90% of the replies have had nothing to do with the "wreck".

I am sad to agree this might be the worst thread ever. Thanks for detroying my ego folks :lol:

You know I have been around here a pretty long time, post on a regular basis.  I was raised on the Great lakes so with the 30th anniversary of the "wreck" I thought it might be a pretty interesting "OFF THE WALL" topic.  Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that this thread would be my most repsonded too!  Never mind that 90% of the replies have had nothing to do with the "wreck".

I am sad to agree this might be the worst thread ever. Thanks for detroying my ego folks :lol:

503438[/snapback]

I'm sorry if my contributions to this thread turned your ego into Burnt Sienna.

In an effort to perform a proper post mortem you may also want to take a look at other possible causes for its demise. For instance, it may have been ruined by the gale force winds created when that monarch butterfly flew past you last Wednesday.

Also, you may have noticed that this thread often appeared next to Pete's dilemma thread on the board. The sheer manliness from that thread may have breached the relative security of this one and crushed everything in its path.

You know I have been around here a pretty long time, post on a regular basis.  I was raised on the Great lakes so with the 30th anniversary of the "wreck" I thought it might be a pretty interesting "OFF THE WALL" topic.  Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that this thread would be my most repsonded too!  Never mind that 90% of the replies have had nothing to do with the "wreck".

503438[/snapback]

If your ego was so fragile that this thread destroyed it, you're probably not going to miss it much anyway. :unsure: