hmmm...clements to temple?

jester43

Oh my  :huh: , Why have I not noticed this before, and why can't you quote me on something slightly more intelligent?

Ah well, I think I would make sweet draft picks. But I'll let you know if I were GM, we would not have JP on the team, we would have Matt Shaub instead. Take that for what its worth.

498651[/snapback]

i quoted you because it made me laugh...plus i have full faith that you could do a better job drafting than TD :)

i quoted you because it made me laugh...plus i have full faith that you could do a better job drafting than TD :huh:

498913[/snapback]

alright, I'll take that. its not a bad quote. it is kind of flattering to be quoted anyways. no matter what the context.

... just an off topic aside story that came to my mind just now...

i used to be apart of this blog thing a few years ago, i'd write random little blurbs about stuff. i was a college kid, so it probably all came off high and mighty. so a few months ago i was perusing some art website, and suddenly i came across a quote that was credited to me. at first i was confused and i thought they made a mistake. then i went and looked and i did actually write what they quoted. made me feel all good inside.

and now back to our regularly scheduled clements arguement....

In retrospect he probably wasn't that bad given what he had to work with - ie Flutie, Johnson, Antowain Smith and a crappy line.

Same with Dan Henning - who is doing fine in Carolina.

I should've said Mike Sheppard - that's who I was forgetting. 

I just think blaming the OC for our problems is lame.  It'd be one thing if we had the same guy for 10 years, but we've been doing it for years and years and it's been a revolving door.  At some point you have to blame the players.

498680[/snapback]

sheppard didn't have a problem against our defense, did he?? :huh:

i'm an alum, and even i know that job is a death sentence.  as a matter of fact, i know that better than most. 

i can't imagine in a million years why he would do it.  i guess the only thing more surprising was that weasel rick neuheisel was supposedly a candidate at one point.

only thing i can figure is that all these "new commitments(i.e. money and facilities)" they've made must be something special.  but honestly, every 5-7 years we get another assload of "new commitment" from the administration and all it ever brings us is another generation of UB-quality D1 football- a gigantic waste of energy and resources for a university that functions as a giant commuter school.  they keep kidding themselves that  they are going to turn north philly into some sort of rah-rah big-10 type environment, but everyone knows it is NEVER gonna happen.

clements really wants to bang his head against the wall at temple??  why, and for how long??  surely not any longer than necessary. as going 500 in the MAC conference would be akin to feeding all 30000 temple students with one armload of loaves and fishes. 

clements from the bills to temple?  i know things haven't been going well this year, but i don't get it. :)

498370[/snapback]

GOOD,let him rot in hell. Because that is what Temple football is. B.A.D. :huh:

i'm an alum, and even i know that job is a death sentence.  as a matter of fact, i know that better than most. 

i can't imagine in a million years why he would do it.  i guess the only thing more surprising was that weasel rick neuheisel was supposedly a candidate at one point.

only thing i can figure is that all these "new commitments(i.e. money and facilities)" they've made must be something special.  but honestly, every 5-7 years we get another assload of "new commitment" from the administration and all it ever brings us is another generation of UB-quality D1 football- a gigantic waste of energy and resources for a university that functions as a giant commuter school.  they keep kidding themselves that  they are going to turn north philly into some sort of rah-rah big-10 type environment, but everyone knows it is NEVER gonna happen.

clements really wants to bang his head against the wall at temple??  why, and for how long??  surely not any longer than necessary. as going 500 in the MAC conference would be akin to feeding all 30000 temple students with one armload of loaves and fishes. 

clements from the bills to temple?  i know things haven't been going well this year, but i don't get it. :huh:

498370[/snapback]

Let's hope he gets the job. Do you think Clements would take Donahoe with him to be the AD at Temple? We can only hope.

Look, I love Sam Wyche...But, if we hire him as OC, we might as well buy the plot of land to bury him.  They guy has cardiac myopathy.  He's gonna require surgery 2-3 years from now.  It's better for him if he doesn't take on more responsibilities.

Charles

498746[/snapback]

I thought I alluded to that, but I guess not. :huh: