Be sure to go and vote tommorow

No lie, the Republican and Democrat nominees in my town are exactly the same. So why bother?

Just confirms some suspicions I've had for a long time....

497242[/snapback]

The Republican has nicer hair and the Democrat wears nicer ties. Make a decision!

The Republican has nicer hair and the Democrat wears nicer ties.  Make a decision!

497300[/snapback]

No, I didn't mean it like that.

It was meant to be understood as the Republican candidate is "Bill K. Public" and the Democratic candidate is "Bill K. Public." The Republicans nominated Democrats. Going down the ballot, they are all the same, such that you think you have double vision. Every candidate only needs 1 vote to be elected.

Again I ask, why bother this year?

It was meant to be understood as the Republican candidate is "Bill K. Public" and the Democratic candidate is "Bill K. Public." The Republicans nominated Democrats. Going down the ballot, they are all the same, such that you think you have double vision. Every candidate only needs 1 vote to be elected.

497577[/snapback]

Bill K. Public has nicer hair but inferior ties to Bill K. Public.

Have you ever seen or read "Cybil"? VOTE!

497577[/snapback]

So, write in another name? Protest votes can make a difference. Strom Thurmond won his first U.S. Senate primary on write-in votes.

Cross-filing is very common in local politics. You will see the same two people running as both Reps and Dems in the same primary. The hope is to win at least one of the nominations for the general election. You may be a registered Dem, but win the primary as a Rep and be on the ballot as a Rep. If you win both, then you are unopposed in the general election.

...and don't even get me started on the unconstitutional fusion laws here in PA. :o

It is actually very common for republicans to run under a democratic label in new york due to the unfortunate fact that New York is more blue than the ocean these days. I don't know whats worse, the fact that this happens, or the fact that these people usually win as democrats with a more conservative agenda. Just goes to show that people dont usually pay attention to the person or the policies, but rather the D or the R.