Tonight is an historic night!!!

stevestojan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight is the SECOND CONSECUTIVE GAME back for Tedy Brewski after suffering an almost deadly stroke less than a year ago. Please folks, tape or TiVo the game. If not for yourself, for your children and posterity reasons. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

Wow, to be alive today and witness such a heroic event.

Go Tedy!

497110[/snapback]

Nothing to do but ressurect this crap? Loser.

Tonight is the SECOND CONSECUTIVE GAME back for Tedy Brewski after suffering an almost deadly stroke less than a year ago. Please folks, tape or TiVo the game. If not for yourself, for your children and posterity reasons. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

Go Tedy!

497110[/snapback]

cant wait for week 43 since Tedy has come back etc. Just turned on pregame and already am hearing will Tedy in ONLY his second game back .......

i'm pretty sure I used the proper grammar there. I believe the word historic SHOULD be preceded by AN not A.

497212[/snapback]

I was ripped a new plug hole for using historic, preceded by "an" instead of "a".

I was accused of being pompous and pretentious or some such pap. :o We all know I am just plain ignerant.

Go Tedy!

497110[/snapback]

Where's the albino? :( She's a babe. ;)

:lol::doh::lol::o

"Tonight is an historic night!!!"

:o

497207[/snapback]

"A" historic night. The rule is: if the beginning "h" is pronounced, as in "house" or "historic" or "hobbit", use "a". If it's not pronounced ("honor", "Hermitage"), use "an". So it is, in fact, a historic night, but an honor to watch a hero like Bruschi (We're not worthy!).

Yes, I know most of you think I'm making this up. I'm not. That is the actual grammatical rule of English. The alternative ("an history"), is bull sh-- made up by idiots who have nothing better to do with their time.

"A" historic night.  The rule is: if the beginning "h" is pronounced, as in "house" or "historic" or "hobbit", use "a".  If it's not pronounced ("honor", "Hermitage"), use "an".  So it is, in fact, a historic night, but an honor to watch a hero like Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!). 

Yes, I know most of you think I'm making this up.  I'm not.  That is the actual grammatical rule of English.  The alternative ("an history"), is bull sh-- made up by idiots who have nothing better to do with their time.

497394[/snapback]

Also, you use the word "an" when the the word right after begins with a vowell.

This is an interesting game, rather than this is a interesting game.

Yes, I know most of you think I'm making this up.  I'm not.  That is the actual grammatical rule of English.  The alternative ("an history"), is bull sh-- made up by idiots who have nothing better to do with their time.

497394[/snapback]

The alternative--an history--has its roots in the Norman conquest and the resulting mix between French and English. The letter H tends to be silent in French. This resulted in a situation where, in English, the letter H is sometimes treated as silent for a/an purposes even when the H is pronounced.

Ah, the plug hole ripper has returned. I knew you would.

:devil:

"A" historic night.  The rule is: if the beginning "h" is pronounced, as in "house" or "historic" or "hobbit", use "a".  If it's not pronounced ("honor", "Hermitage"), use "an".  So it is, in fact, a historic night, but an honor to watch a hero like Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!). 

497394[/snapback]