Would you take Owens?

ofiba

Would you take Owens on your team?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Owens on your team?

• Yes, but only for the league minimum.
    • Yes, for a contract similar to the one he has now.
    • Yes, I'd make him the highest paid reciever.
    • No, not for anything.

If we had all the pieces in places for a superbowl run and a WR would put us over the top, like it basically did with philly last season then yes I'd take TO. There's no denying the guys talent, but when things go bad he'll let you hear about it. You take the good with the bad. I love the guy's talent and what he does on the field, and while I'm a big time Owens fan the fight with Hugh Douglas was too much. I'd take for a year if we had a chance at a superbowl then dump him, cause when you're down he'll make your team your organization and the fans miserable, but damn Can he play some football.

Over the top? The only thing he's done for Philly is put them in a hole.

496560[/snapback]

Yeah It's TO's fault Philly has no run game........ And their defense isn't as good.

Last season Yes TO was the type of big play explosive wr they needed to reach the superbowl. Yes I know they won the nfc championship game without him, but They did lack an explosive playmaker at wr, Owens was that guy. He had a great superbowl in a losing effort, and now when the lack of a philly run game is exposed, and their defense isn't quite as good, things start to sour. So I Stick by my observation if we needed an explosive big time wr, and that was our only missing piece for a superbowl run I wouldn't think twice about Taking TO for league minimum salary for a season.

Oh yeah...he's too much of a disruption at $7MM/year, but he'd be fine if we could pay him the league mimium!  :doh:  :lol:  ;)

496571[/snapback]

Haha. Hadn't thought of the question that way. :lol: Owens probably couldn't buy a pair of shoes with the league minimum.

Only a desperate Coach in the last year of his contract/sinking ship will want him. Enter Mike Sherman, Norv Turner, Mike Tice etc.

TD would never consider him and neither would any other GM who believes in team chemistry.

I laugh at some here who will forgive anything just because he may have some game day talent. Turning on your GM,Coaching staff and QB is his modus operendi . If the other 52 players on the roster had a vote, he'd never be on an NFL team.

He's a child who needs constant media attention.

Id take him in a heartbeat if I was a contender for a championship. Obviosly, no one will get him this year as the eagles will Keyshaun him before they release him.

One thing about TO, you can NEVER question his effort or performance on the field. Only question is whether the off field stuff hurts team chemistry more than his on field performance helps

Guest BackInDaDay

Only if I thought it would end in a TO/TD fist fight. ;)

Don't underestimate TD.

TD: "OK, first we gotta go over the rules."

TO: "What rules? There's no rules!"

TD: "OK." ...and he kicks him in the nuts. :doh:

Id take him in a heartbeat if I was a contender for a championship. Obviosly, no one will get him this year as the eagles will Keyshaun him before they release him.

One thing about TO, you can NEVER question his effort or performance on the field. Only question is whether the off field stuff hurts team chemistry  more than his on field performance helps

496648[/snapback]

Excellent post. I think one of the problems with TO is that he gets bored easily, and likes stirring things up to make life more interesting. Much like many of the posters on this forum.

Whether you could keep this problem manageable depends on your overall team chemistry.

I would stop watching the Bills until he was gone.

I'd rather go 0 - 16 for 5 consecutive years then have a terell Owens, or a Deion Sanders playing ofr the Bills. Winning just isn't THAT important to me to have to endure such players