Will the HEROIC Patriots SOMEHOW beat the Colts

trolls_r_us

LMFAO

If I hear this ONE MORE TIME I am gonna throw my Bills helmet through the television set!

IN CASE you guys haven't noticed BY NOW, the sports media in this country, especially ESPN, LOVES to build up the fact that, THIS TIME "the Patriots CANNOT WIN" "no chance...." "they have finalyl met their match!"

But they do this ONLY SO when the Patriots DO WIN, we can all be treated to 15 minute montages of "inspirational magical plays" with Mariah Carey's "hero" playing in the background, and smiling female reporters can do sit-down interviews with Patriots players asking "how do you guys do it?" "you are jsut so amazing!"

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.....

Seriously, this crap is just what the media wants.... Here's the formula:

1) the pundits start saying "ohhhh no, this time they're done.... colts by 20!"

2) The Patriots just do their normal "oh we get no respect" thing

3) the WORLD CHAMPION DYNASTY defeats the never was group on MNF this monday

4) tuesday will be HELL. EVERYONE will be just AMAZED! WOW! HOW in god's name, did this group of re-treads and scrubs (who also won 3 super bowls but whose counting?) SOMEHOW rise up, and overcome ALL THE ADVERSITY, and defeat the COLTS, the UNDEFEATED Colts, the GREAT, awe inspiring COLTS, on MNF?!

WHOA! What MAGIC! what PASSION! what dedication and HEART!

what HEROICS!

Here's a sit down interview with tom Brady and Teddy Bruschi (We're not worthy!), describing just HOW they accompished this HEROIC and AMAZING feat:

[15 mintues of sickening "hero" music and "how do you guys keep doing it?" questions]

Then, the ESPN guys talk about hos magical this team is, and how "they just seem to overcome...."

This is really sickening.....

THEY ARE A DYNASTY, remember?!

In my view, they WILL WIN every big game, so it isn;t magical, wonderous, or heroic if they do

THEY SHOULD WIN, especially AT HOME, on MNF, against their whipping biy Peyton Manning

But we all know waht angle the media will take.... If the Colts win, then fine, they should.

But IF

IF

IF by some magic.... some MIRACLE!

the Patriots OVERCOME IT ALL, AGAIN!

and knock off the UNDEFEATED Colts on national TV?

Well, friends

that's the stuff that LEGENDS, and HEROES are made of!!!!

I got a bet with my patriots fan roommate (who was a Bills fan but was disenchanted after 4 Super Bowl losses and switched to the Pats when they drafted Bledsoe) for chinese food. I really dont wanna pay for his chinese again this year.

Yeah, Lord knows there were no splooge-fests with the Bills in the early 90's. <_<

Puh-leeze. America hated the Bills early last decade because they were all over the place - the courage of Kelly & Co. to pick themselves up after SB losses. Berman's 'Nobody circles the wagons' comments epitomize that.

To the victors go the spoils. The 90s Bills deserved it, so do the new millenium Patriots.

The Pats barely beat us. How are they going to handle a healthy Colts team?

It's going to be close only because, well only because I say so. Colts 24 Pats 21.

495340[/snapback]

Because football isn't played on paper? I vaguely remember the same thing being said about the Ravens against Pittsburgh, on the road, without their 2 best players, last Monday night.

if the colts defense is as good as everyone thinks, considering they have played the dumpsters teams of the nfl, they should be able to beat the pats, if they dont and come out short, all you people who have been overating the colts defense will once again look like assuming characters :)

if the colts defense is as good as everyone thinks, considering they have played the dumpsters teams of the nfl, they should be able to beat the pats, if they dont and come out short, all you people who have been overating the colts defense will once again look like assuming characters :)

Freeney against Kazcur will be a horror-show, given Schobel against Kazcur last weekend. And Edge will get his yards on the ground and take the pressure off of Manning.

Yeah, Lord knows there were no splooge-fests with the Bills in the early 90's.  :)

Puh-leeze.  America hated the Bills early last decade because they were all over the place - the courage of Kelly & Co. to pick themselves up after SB losses.  Berman's 'Nobody circles the wagons' comments epitomize that.

To the victors go the spoils.  The 90s Bills deserved it, so do the new millenium Patriots.

495320[/snapback]

I seem to remember this sign at the 1993 AFC Title Game against the Chiefs:

"WE'RE BACK, AMERICA. DEAL WITH IT."

We have to remember that the early 90s teams were special. So special that I don't think ANY team will ever go to four consecutive Super Bowls again.

Mike

LMFAO

If I hear this ONE MORE TIME I am gonna throw my Bills helmet through the television set!

IN CASE you guys haven't noticed BY NOW, the sports media in this country, especially ESPN, LOVES to build up the fact that, THIS TIME "the Patriots CANNOT WIN" "no chance...." "they have finalyl met their match!"

But they do this ONLY SO when the Patriots DO WIN, we can all be treated to 15 minute montages of "inspirational magical plays" with Mariah Carey's "hero" playing in the background, and smiling female reporters can do sit-down interviews with Patriots players asking "how do you guys do it?" "you are jsut so amazing!"

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.....

Seriously, this crap is just what the media wants.... Here's the formula:

1) the pundits start saying "ohhhh no, this time they're done.... colts by 20!"

2) The Patriots just do their normal "oh we get no respect" thing

3) the WORLD CHAMPION DYNASTY defeats the never was group on MNF this monday

4) tuesday will be HELL. EVERYONE will be just AMAZED! WOW! HOW in god's name, did this group of re-treads and scrubs (who also won 3 super bowls but whose counting?) SOMEHOW rise up, and overcome ALL THE ADVERSITY, and defeat the COLTS, the UNDEFEATED Colts, the GREAT, awe inspiring COLTS, on MNF?!

WHOA! What MAGIC! what PASSION! what dedication and HEART!

what HEROICS!

Here's a sit down interview with tom Brady and Teddy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!), describing just HOW they accompished this HEROIC and AMAZING feat:

[15 mintues of sickening "hero" music and "how do you guys keep doing it?" questions]

Then, the ESPN guys talk about hos magical this team is, and how "they just seem to overcome...."

This is really sickening.....

THEY ARE A DYNASTY, remember?!

In my view, they WILL WIN every big game, so it isn;t magical, wonderous, or heroic if they do

THEY SHOULD WIN, especially AT HOME, on MNF, against their whipping biy Peyton Manning

But we all know waht angle the media will take.... If the Colts win, then fine, they should.

But IF

IF

IF by some magic.... some MIRACLE!

the Patriots OVERCOME IT ALL, AGAIN!

and knock off the UNDEFEATED Colts on national TV?

Well, friends

that's the stuff that LEGENDS, and HEROES are made of!!!!

495197[/snapback]

Boy I can't wait for this MOnday night's Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) love-in! My only concern is that Brett Favre will become insanely jealous and take a sub machine gun into the booth and commit a crime of passion against John.

if the colts defense is as good as everyone thinks, considering they have played the dumpsters teams of the nfl, they should be able to beat the pats, if they dont and come out short, all you people who have been overating the colts defense will once again look like assuming characters :ph34r:

495578[/snapback]

Um yeah and that stellar Pats defense is gonna hold the colts down? I don't know how they calculate hits but it didn't seem to stop Willis from running all over Bruschi (We're not worthy!)'s area which is right up the middle, and our O-line is mediocre at best. Have fun stopping the run with Diem, Saturday, Glenn, Scott, and Lilja leading the way. I think Tedy is going to have even more "hits" (maybe double up on his heroic total of 354 from last week) this game because they are gonna keep running him over. Go Colts. The Pats were great but now they're average at best, especially as beat up as they are.