Miami hotel advice for Dec. 4th weekend

mackey7789

I'm going down to Miami for the game in December and i just need some advice on where to stay. I want a good hotel/resort on the beach (South Beach or Miami Beach) that is near some good nightlife and restaurants. Does anyone here have any suggestions??

If you stay in Miami or South Beach, you'll be away from where most of the Bills fans stay in Fort Lauderdale.

Are you looking for Miami nightlife? Or Bills fan pre-game night life?

South Beach is amazing, but some of the hotels can be downright nasty. I'd check on a travel site like expedia or travelocity. Or get a recommendation from a travel agent who has actually BEEN there.

If you're looking for Bills fans, stay in Ft. Lauderdale near the Marriott or the Yankee Clipper. There are a bunch of hotels right there - all price ranges.

I'm broke this month, so I'm staying at the Howard Johnson with some Fort Myers Bills fans.

If you stay in Miami or South Beach, you'll be away from where most of the Bills fans stay in Fort Lauderdale.

Are you looking for Miami nightlife?  Or Bills fan pre-game night life?

South Beach is amazing, but some of the hotels can be downright nasty. I'd check on a travel site like expedia or travelocity. Or get a recommendation from a travel agent who has actually BEEN there.

If you're looking for Bills fans, stay in Ft. Lauderdale near the Marriott or the Yankee Clipper. There are a bunch of hotels right there - all price ranges.

I'm broke this month, so I'm staying at the Howard Johnson with some Fort Myers Bills fans.

495210[/snapback]

I'm actually flying into Ft Lauderdale too. Is the hotel that everyone is staying at on the beach? If i stay on South Beach or Miami Beach i want a hotel right on the ocean next to some good nightlife.

Ft.Lauderdale is the place to stay. We stay at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. It is a five min. walk to the strip, plenty of restaurants and buses that take you to the game on Sunday. The hotel is right on the beach and is loaded with Bills fans that weekend. We get in on Friday and leave Monday night. :)

Ft Lauderdale, Hollywood and Pompano all have good affordable lodging and are near the stadium. Whole S FL area has terrible traffic problems. Plan extra time as traffic can bog down. Miami is hard to get around in and expensive.

Beach in Dec is not always a plus. Windy and cold (50's and 60's) at times. Plus they just got hit with one of the recent hurricanes so selection, accomadations may be sub-standard.

Any locals that can give status on current state of the Lauderdale beach areas?

Any locals that can give status on current state of the Lauderdale beach areas?

495824[/snapback]

The beaches are just starting to reopen. The Yankee clipper is a better choice for al the pre described reasons. Considering what the temperature in Buffalo will be in December I would think that the "50's or 60's" would be a Godsend (besides it's fun to watch the locals walk around in scarves and gloves and complain about wind chill")

About half of the traffic lights have been repaired/replaced so by December all of them hopefully wil be in place and traffic flow improved. In any case- rent a car, you wont regret it.