Big Mike Williams should be #1 on this list!

He doesn't play enough to get noticed.

494366[/snapback]

Yeah, so far in his career he's only played in 48 of 56 games, missing exactly 2 games a year so far.

But don't let facts get in the way of your repeated retardo rant. :lol:

Yeah, so far in his career he's only played in 48 of 56 games, missing exactly 2 games a year so far.

But don't let facts get in the way of your repeated retardo rant.

So... unless he was injured on his way into the locker room after a game (which is entirely possible), he may have played one single play in 48 of 56, but let's not forget times he was only in for parts of those 48 games... so it might be something like 42 of 56 games he saw significant playing time.

I think the point that's being made with Mike Williams is, here you have a guy that was drafted #5 and sucking $9M cap space this year and not performing like a #5 pick is expected to play, nor performing anywhere near his salary would suggest.

I don't know about you, but from a #5 pick I would expect a lot more return on the investment than we've received thus far. Showing up fat at training camp last year, missing a few days of camp, and temporarily losing his starting job was akin to slapping the face of both his employer and his customers (the fans). I mean, "how dare you take a bizillion dollars of your employers money and come to work and just totally sit on your ass?

I'm a firm believer that his injuries are due to a lack of both conditioning and committment. And, there is a sentiment amongst a lot of scouts and GMs around the league that Mike does not really want to play the game. Fine... I say, give Ralph his money back and go home.

I think the point that's being made with Mike Williams is,

The point that's being made by this particular poster is that Mike Williams misses a lot of games; it's a point he's made over and over and over and over again. It's also a point which he's been wrong about over and over and over and over again.

there is a sentiment amongst a lot of scouts and GMs around the league that Mike does not really want to play the game.

Really? I didn't know you were in frequent contact with so many scouts and GM's around the league! I guess maybe that's why you're always right about everything and other people steal your brilliant insights and you feel the need to tell everybody else how wrong they were and how right you are.

So could you provide some support for this statement of fact? I'd be interested to see "a lot" of links showing how "a lot" of these scouts and GM's believe this.

I and others will be waiting patiently for you to back up your statements.

Good luck.

The point that's being made by this particular poster is that Mike Williams misses a lot of games; it's a point he's made over and over and over and over again. It's also a point which he's been wrong about over and over and over and over again.

Really? I didn't know you were in frequent contact with so many scouts and GM's around the league! I guess maybe that's why you're always right about everything and other people steal your brilliant insights and you feel the need to tell everybody else how wrong they were and how right you are.

So could you provide some support for this statement of fact? I'd be interested to see "a lot" of links showing how "a lot" of these scouts and GM's believe this.

Good luck.

494386[/snapback]

maybe he heard it on ProFootballTalk :lol:

there is a sentiment amongst a lot of scouts and GMs around the league that Mike does not really want to play the game.

Good luck.

Right... like so many of the posters around here, we hang around scouts and GMs all the time. Just last night I was partying with Bill Polian and Scot Pioli, right after Al Davis left my office. Be real, I'm not stupid and neither are a lot of posters that read what everyone else read. Just go back to the period of Malarkey's very first training camp when he demoted Williams from the first unit, then excused him from practice for a day, then Williams took an extra day or so of time... there were a few reports at that time (and I would not be surprised if even TBD provided links to these reports) that specifically stated some league source(s) felt the Bills shouldn't have drafted him at #4 and that Williams really did not have his heart into the game. A statement like this could be true or false, but it was made. So, I'm not blowing smoke... I know, you want very badly for me to be wrong on this one. Keep trying... you're bound to trip me up. Either way... Mike misses too much time for my liking and even the time he comes to work I'm not thrilled with his performance... especially his matador style of pass blocking. If he were making $500K, I might cut him a little more slack, but I'd still say the same thing.

Right... like so many of the posters around here, we hang around scouts and GMs all the time.  Just last night I was partying with Bill Polian and Scot Pioli, right after Al Davis left my office.  Be real, I'm not stupid and neither are a lot of posters that read what everyone else read.  Just go back to the period of Malarkey's very first training camp when he demoted Williams from the first unit, then excused him from practice for a day, then Williams took an extra day or so of time... there were a few reports at that time (and I would not be surprised if even TBD provided links to these reports) that specifically stated some league source(s) felt the Bills shouldn't have drafted him at #4 and that Williams really did not have his heart into the game.  A statement like this could be true or false, but it was made.  So, I'm not blowing smoke... I know, you want very badly for me to be wrong on this one.  Keep trying... you're bound to trip me up.  Either way... Mike misses too much time for my liking and even the time he comes to work I'm not thrilled with his performance... especially his matador style of pass blocking.  If he were making $500K, I might cut him a little more slack, but I'd still say the same thing.

494454[/snapback]

ok os he plays an avg. of 14 games a year and you are complaining about that? alright sensibility. Since that is typical of lineman, and most of his injuries are typical of O lineman like the current injury where his legrolled onto.

Get Your facts straight dude.

And as far as quality of play he has been the best Bills lineman since about this point last year if not even a few games before that.

Any college offensive lineman drafted in the first round in the past 4 years is overpaid. It is the nature of the game. Face it, he is a good offensive lineman--not great like we'd want him to be, but good. If you're drafted in the first round you are way overpaid for not playing a single down. How is Phillip Rivers doing by the way?

Any college offensive lineman drafted in the first round in the past 4 years is overpaid.  It is the nature of the game.  Face it, he is a good offensive lineman--not great like we'd want him to be, but good.  If you're drafted in the first round you are way overpaid for not playing a single down.  How is Phillip Rivers doing by the way?

494486[/snapback]

Or Byrant Mckinnie? :lol:

Or Byrant Mckinnie?  :blink:

494488[/snapback]

Levi Jones gets the most praise, but he sucked until that offense got good.

Bryant McKinne had that great offense, Great OL around him, a huge running QB, the most dangerous WR, AND he still stunk.

Mike Williams hasnt been Lucky. He doesnt get any excuse, but if you wanted to think of one, there are a few.

Fat Mike is nearly the worst draft pick in Bills history.

He is paid left Tackle money even though he plays right tackle and should be playing guard.

We won't move him to guard because we are paying him so much.

He has all the motivation and drive of Eric Flowers.

He was picked 4th in the draft but plays like a 4th rounder at best.

He is too fat to pass block against any player with speed.

If you are a lineman picked in the top 10 and you are not a perennial pro bowl player you are a wasted pick.

At first I thought that his slow development was due to poor coaching and the constant flux of our staff. Now I believe that he just doesn't have the mental toughness to keep working hard with that massive salary.