HOLCOMB

Tcali

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?  Do you really think if Holcomb continues to play as well as he has we will go to the playoffs this year? 

Of course the Bills aren't going to the playoffs this year, no matter who they have at QB.

If yes, then I understand your position - if no, then why not let Losman get some experience in the second half of the year and open up the QB competition in training camp.   

Because whether Losman plays this year or not, Holcomb will probably be the better QB next year, and the year after, and the year after that. His QB rating with the Bills has been quite impressive. Play him the rest of the year to see whether he can keep it up, or whether he'll turn out to be a flash in the pan.

I don't want Losman getting a free ride again next summer.  Let him get the experience over the next 8 games, and if he doesn't improve, we need to open up all our options for training camp.

493300[/snapback]

Giving Losman the next eight games will put us in a stronger position to know if he's the right QB for next year, but a weaker position to know about Holcomb. I think people would be a lot more open to the idea of Holcomb's potential to be the QB of the future if we hadn't invested all those picks in Losman.

holcombs arm is probably some pat or phish fan talking stupid to get you riled up...buftex on the other hand really is stupid

493304[/snapback]

Buftex sure doesn't seem stupid to me. As for myself, I've been a fan of this team for a long time. A long enough time to remember the 2nd round pick we spent on Todd Collins, the 3rd round pick on Billy Joe Hobart (what was Butler thinking?), the first and fourth rounders for QB of the future Rob Johnson, the 1st round pick for Bledsoe, and now the second, fifth, and first round picks for J.P. Losman. Now we have a guy on the roster who gets rid of the ball quickly, and whose QB rating with the Bills says he's the real deal. Kelly Holcomb is the best reason we have right now to hope that the decade-long search for a QB may finally be ended.

Okay, you can read, you just can't  keep track of two concepts at once...why is it a "flip-flop" to say that yes, idiot fans like yourself are being unduly harsh in their criticism of Holcomb, but, yes, the team is not good enough, so we might as well see what Losman can do?

493325[/snapback]

when was i being unduly harsh on my criticism of holcomb.....all i said was that was a terrible 4th and 7 with the game on the line and that a 9 year vet should know better....... i can get critical......how bout him saying he's never been hit so much, it's in the job description....dont pad your own stats and sacrifice the game....dont fumble in your own territory with a short lead in the final quarter, a punt is much more effective...........

your two concepts got you having your cake and eating it too

Buftex sure doesn't seem stupid to me. As for myself, I've been a fan of this team for a long time. A long enough time to remember the 2nd round pick we spent on Todd Collins, the 3rd round pick on Billy Joe Hobart (what was Butler thinking?), the first and fourth rounders for QB of the future Rob Johnson, the 1st round pick for Bledsoe, and now the second, fifth, and first round picks for J.P. Losman. Now we have a guy on the roster who gets rid of the ball quickly, and whose QB rating with the Bills says he's the real deal. Kelly Holcomb is the best reason we have right now to hope that the decade-long search for a QB may finally be ended.

493351[/snapback]

great....how long do you expect kelly holcomb to quarterback the bills? 5-10 years? this guy has to be a troll

When Flutie came here and worked his magic, he was several years older than Holcomb is now. Holcomb could QB the Bills for the next 4 - 7 years.

493363[/snapback]

Do think Flutie would still be playing if he couldn't avoid a pass rush? Holcomb's days are numbered for that reason alone. For that reason alone, Losman will be playing by the end of the season.

Do think Flutie would still be playing if he couldn't avoid a pass rush?  Holcomb's days are numbered for that reason alone.  For that reason alone, Losman will be playing by the end of the season.

493366[/snapback]

Bledsoe couldn't even spell the phrase "avoid pass rush," yet he didn't miss significant playing time due to injury while he was here. I also expect our line to improve over the second half of the season, much like it improved over the second half of last season.

In your one-line post, you committed five grammatical mistakes.

493374[/snapback]

<_<

i wasnt trying to be grammatically correct this is posting forum not a business letter....... in your posts you have been football incorrect at least as many times

<_<

i wasnt trying to be grammatically correct this is posting forum not a business letter....... in your posts you have been football incorrect at least as many times

493377[/snapback]

Given that you've demonstrated little or no grammatical ability, why should I believe that your opinion about football is so much better than that of someone like Buftex? Buftex writes more eloquently than you, and yet you question his intelligence.

Given that you've demonstrated little or no grammatical ability, why should I believe that your opinion about football is so much better than that of someone like Buftex? Buftex writes more eloquently than you, and yet you question his intelligence.

493382[/snapback]

you can't even spell billy joe hobart

did he LEAD us down the field to a win , NO. when he can do that and win us games on his arm i will say he is a good QB till then just another average QB .

493057[/snapback]

WAIT A SEC....where did I say he was a good QB????--Im saying the guy came in as a backup and has played decently enough for us to go 2-2 and coulda been 3-1.

I say he IS an average QB.I just say he is above average in this present day of awful QBs.----This present collection of QBs--overall--is the worst in league history.

if jp pans out youre gonna eat crow for years...........i'm sure you'll change your nickname and come back as someone else

493336[/snapback]

Funny, but you didn't answer his question: you say that anyone can see he has a ton of talent. Where did you see it? I didn't see so much as a momentary flash of anything better than average during the four games, and that was a huge disappointment.

A weak arm was the biggest reason why Joe Montana was available in the 3rd round. Anyway, Holcomb's arm looked fine to me when he was throwing that nice long TD pass to Moulds.

492987[/snapback]

EXACTLY RIGHT. I'd rathr have a weak armed qb who can actually getthe damn ball to our receivers. who do you think the entire offense would rather have playing qb? that being said, since we are going to get killed teh rest of teh season i'mok with seeing if jp will show improvment or not by letting himplay out the string. i'd rather get a high draft pick. on the other hand NE is going to get killed next week so we are not out of it ac east chase.