April 13th, 2005 - I got HAMMERED for posting this

we'll probably be worse than 7-9. Maybe 5-11 or 6-10. I actually came pretty close to our season so far.

COPIED AND PASTED from April 13th, 2005, and I got hammered by all the homers for saying this........

We beat up on mostly patsies last year in running our record up. Our line is in chaos. We have a rookie QB. Wait, let me repeat, WE HAVE A ROOKIE QB.

OK, now let's look, although I hope we go 12-4, it's not gonna happen.

SUN 9/11 HOUSTON AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

We win this one, just because we are the Bills, and we think we shouldn't lose at home to Houston, especially after what happened at home to JAX last year. In a low scoring affair we win. 1-0.

SUN 9/18 BUFFALO AT TAMPA BAY 1:00p (ET)

Losman's first road game. At TB. Not gonna happen for us. Another tight game as our defense holds down Tampa's O. Nonetheless, 10-9 TB. 1-1

SUN 9/25 ATLANTA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Ron Mexico simply makes more plays than our future Ron Mexico "type" QB. 1-2

SUN 10/2 BUFFALO AT NEW ORLEANS 12:00p (CT)

JP back at the dome. We win this one on some fluky play. Many Bills fans make the trip and we get to .500. 2-2

SUN 10/9 MIAMI AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Simply wear down Miami like most teams will do. Our defense wins this one for us. 3-2.

SUN 10/16 NEW YORK JETS AT BUFFALO 4:15p (ET)

This is the one we lose at home this year, that we all think we are gonna win. 3-3

SUN 10/23 BUFFALO AT OAKLAND 1:15p (PT)

Oakland is the most improved team in the league. West Coast. Black Hole, rookie QB. Nuff said. 3-4

SUN 10/30 BUFFALO AT NEW ENGLAND 8:30p (ET)

Primetime. We get closer, but no way. 3-5

SUN 11/6 BYE

SUN 11/13 KANSAS CITY AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

JP can't score enough to beat KC no matter where it is. KC is improved and takes Denver's spot in the playoffs 3-6

SUN 11/20 BUFFALO AT SAN DIEGO 1:15p (PT)

See Oakland, except they don't have to improve. They won't be as good, but they still are a good football team. 3-7

SUN 11/27 CAROLINA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

This is one that we win in bad weather. 4-7

SUN 12/4 BUFFALO AT MIAMI 1:00p (ET)

Two in a row feels good, and we start to think JP isn't a bad pickup after all. 5-7

SUN 12/11 NEW ENGLAND AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Here is the game New England isn't supposed to lose, but they do lose to us. Our Superbowl. 6-7

SAT 12/17 DENVER AT BUFFALO 8:30p (ET)

A jacked up Ralph to get to .500 doesn't matter. Denver is in the hunt for post-season play and edge a gritty effort by us. 6-8

SAT 12/24 BUFFALO AT CINCINNATI 1:00p (ET)

Carson Palmer is leading the Bengals to a nice year. 6-9

SUN 1/1 BUFFALO AT NEW YORK JETS 1:00p (ET)

With Pennington hurt late, like always, the Bills get some mo for 2006. 7-9

--------------------

The Truth

nice post... I remember reading it.. i didn't want to believe it... but seems to be pretty clear cut now.

492034[/snapback]

I just want to be on the record as not a "recent" basher. I never drank the Kool-Aid.

But cmon, we all gotta like my last quote for the Jets game. Dead on baby!

491990[/snapback]

Were you implying that JP will contract the big H sometime in the future?

491990[/snapback]

Great call. Not the toughest prediction, but a solid one nonetheless!

Were you implying that JP will contract the big H sometime in the future?

Great call.  Not the toughest prediction, but a solid one nonetheless!

492056[/snapback]

Smokin, I'm on fire this year! I've damn near financed a new gameroom complete with Bills throwbacks through my "entertainment" picks this season.

Seriously man, I'm in the zone right now! I'm sure it will crash soon though.

Smokin, I'm on fire this year!  I've damn near financed a new gameroom complete with Bills throwbacks through my "entertainment" picks this season.

Seriously man, I'm in the zone right now!  I'm sure it will crash soon though.

492061[/snapback]

Keep it goin! I was on a season-long tear last year. Everytime I looked at the lines, three games would jump out at me as automatic, and they would always come through. This year, I am breakin even with the NFL, but making my scratch in the NCAA.

NFL has been frustrating, but I was playing a lot of games straight. I realized there were many times when I was giving 6 and the team would win by 4. That was about three weeks ago, since then I've been playing a lot of teasers. Sounds like you've had the idea all along!

Keep it goin!  I was on a season-long tear last year.  Everytime I looked at the lines, three games would jump out at me as automatic, and they would always come through.  This year, I am breakin even with the NFL, but making my scratch in the NCAA.

NFL has been frustrating, but I was playing a lot of games straight.  I realized there were many times when I was giving 6 and the team would win by 4.  That was about three weeks ago, since then I've been playing a lot of teasers.  Sounds like you've had the idea all along!

492068[/snapback]

Well, a good tidbit came out on some channel the other day. To me, it pertains to teasers this year. NFL home teams this year are winning at a record setting pace. So, basically if you tease MOST teams to at least pick, you'll clean up.

we'll probably be worse than 7-9.  Maybe 5-11 or 6-10.  I actually came pretty close to our season so far. 

COPIED AND PASTED from April 13th, 2005, and I got hammered by all the homers for saying this........

We beat up on mostly patsies last year in running our record up. Our line is in chaos. We have a rookie QB. Wait, let me repeat, WE HAVE A ROOKIE QB.

OK, now let's look, although I hope we go 12-4, it's not gonna happen.

SUN 9/11 HOUSTON AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

We win this one, just because we are the Bills, and we think we shouldn't lose at home to Houston, especially after what happened at home to JAX last year. In a low scoring affair we win. 1-0.

SUN 9/18 BUFFALO AT TAMPA BAY 1:00p (ET)

Losman's first road game. At TB. Not gonna happen for us. Another tight game as our defense holds down Tampa's O. Nonetheless, 10-9 TB. 1-1

SUN 9/25 ATLANTA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

SUN 10/2 BUFFALO AT NEW ORLEANS 12:00p (CT)

JP back at the dome. We win this one on some fluky play. Many Bills fans make the trip and we get to .500. 2-2

SUN 10/9 MIAMI AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Simply wear down Miami like most teams will do. Our defense wins this one for us. 3-2.

SUN 10/16 NEW YORK JETS AT BUFFALO 4:15p (ET)

This is the one we lose at home this year, that we all think we are gonna win. 3-3

SUN 10/23 BUFFALO AT OAKLAND 1:15p (PT)

Oakland is the most improved team in the league. West Coast. Black Hole, rookie QB. Nuff said. 3-4

SUN 10/30 BUFFALO AT NEW ENGLAND 8:30p (ET)

Primetime. We get closer, but no way. 3-5

SUN 11/6 BYE

SUN 11/13 KANSAS CITY AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

JP can't score enough to beat KC no matter where it is. KC is improved and takes Denver's spot in the playoffs 3-6

SUN 11/20 BUFFALO AT SAN DIEGO 1:15p (PT)

See Oakland, except they don't have to improve. They won't be as good, but they still are a good football team. 3-7

SUN 11/27 CAROLINA AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

This is one that we win in bad weather. 4-7

SUN 12/4 BUFFALO AT MIAMI 1:00p (ET)

Two in a row feels good, and we start to think JP isn't a bad pickup after all. 5-7

SUN 12/11 NEW ENGLAND AT BUFFALO 1:00p (ET)

Here is the game New England isn't supposed to lose, but they do lose to us. Our Superbowl. 6-7

SAT 12/17 DENVER AT BUFFALO 8:30p (ET)

A jacked up Ralph to get to .500 doesn't matter. Denver is in the hunt for post-season play and edge a gritty effort by us. 6-8

SAT 12/24 BUFFALO AT CINCINNATI 1:00p (ET)

Carson Palmer is leading the Bengals to a nice year. 6-9

--------------------

The Truth

491990[/snapback]

Who exactly are you trying to impress?

Don't listen to the haters CentralVaBills., you know your football.

On to the "entertainment" side of business, what do you think of the Miami Hurricanes at V. Tech Hokies game this coming Saturday?

492192[/snapback]

Hey E.....

Being here in VA.....but not a VA Tech fan, I can honestly say that this is the best V-Tech team I have seen, and that includes the Michael Vick era.

Early line has Tech favored by 6 1/2. Tech is really strong at home, and this weekend, there will be no better home field advantage in football than in Blacksburg. That may get them the win right there.

I think I'm inclined to bet against Miami's QB having a good game, rather than who is actually a better football team. If it comes down to that, I think Tech wins rather easily.

I'm not sure I can give a great thought on this one. My gut tells me V-Tech will beat the tar out of them (meaning, maybe 31-17 or something, but you always tend to hold back a little in predicting that because it's the University of Miami.

Also, I haven't checked long term yet, but the weather in VA this week is mid to upper 70's. I'm sure would like to see that down in the 40's or 50's. Not sure if a change is coming.

For my tastes, to close to bet at this point, although if I had to, I'd take Tech.

Nice picks by those two.  However, I was grilled for mine on this board.

492103[/snapback]

Hey, I'm happy for you, really. If you can derive joy from the Bills losing, all the more for you. And now you are covered for the end of the season for three different possible outcomes, so that if we go 5-11, 6-10, or 7-9 you can be all excited and joyful again. Good for you. I can't imagine how miserable you might have been had the Bills won.

Thanks for your Mia/VT take.

Line opened at 4 and is now at 6.5 as noted, somebody is dropping some serious $$$$ on Tech.

The Canes seem to thrive in the underdog setup. They have only been dogs, and small ones at that about 4-5 over the last five years and they won all of those games outright. They seem to buy into the us against the world, backs to the wall theory. Miami will be at full attention for this game unlike some of the lesser games were they seem to go through the motions at times. I agree with Blacksburg being a tough venue to come into and that may be the difference. Either way I'm expecting a tight defensive battle with the key to/blocked kick turning the game. This may be one of those games where I will just sit back and enjoy.