April 13th, 2005 - I got HAMMERED for posting this

Thanks for your Mia/VT take.

Line opened at 4 and is now at 6.5 as noted, somebody is dropping some serious $$$$ on Tech.

The Canes seem to thrive in the underdog setup. They have only been dogs, and small ones at that about 4-5 over the last five years and they won all of those games outright. They seem to buy into the us against the world, backs to the wall theory. Miami will be at full attention for this game unlike some of the lesser games were they seem to go through the motions at times. I agree with Blacksburg being a tough venue to come into and that may be the difference. Either way I'm expecting a tight defensive battle with the key to/blocked kick turning the game. This may be one of those games where I will just sit back and enjoy.

492276[/snapback]

Yeah, you know, Miami is a team that can actually neutralize Beamer's special teams. Simply because, while VA Tech, year after year, has the best special teams in the country, Miami can always bust one for a TD. Especially the Hester kid. As you probably know, most of the V-Tech special teams plays come on punt blocks or something like that.

Here's the thing. For some reason, Miami or Fla St. always scare you for some reason.......and in this case it's probably just the name, becuase I would not be surprised to see Tech roll Miami at home. However, can you convince yourself that Miami is not the Miami it normally is? I can't for that simple scare factor. If I'm up early in the day, I might consider putting something on Tech. I have done nothing but basically break even on college this year though, so I'm not sure I'm the one to listen to.

Hey, I'm happy for you, really.  If you can derive joy from the Bills losing, all the more for you.  And now you are covered for the end of the season for three different possible outcomes, so that if we go 5-11, 6-10, or 7-9 you can be all excited and joyful again.  Good for you.  I can't imagine how miserable you might have been had the Bills won.

492261[/snapback]

No actually, some of us are sick of losing. That's the key. So, if you take a good look at what this team really is, you'll realize that it pretty much has sucked under the Tom Donahoe era. A lot of us want the TD era to end, but when we say that, we get bashed.

At this point, with another lost season, I would take ANYONE other than TD to take the reigns of this franchise.

I'm a homer in a true sense that I have season tickets but live in VA. I buy the jerseys, and eat $44 hot dogs at the stadium. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna give some millionaire (TD), credit when he has sucked on the job.

I feel no sympathy for incompotent GM's who are rich off of the hard earned money that I provide him.

I want the Bills to win, which is precisely why I'm making noise about it.

What a sad post. Self loathing finds another friend.

"I predicted something negative. Give me my deserving props."  :doh:

492473[/snapback]

Yeah, as opposed to sitting through the pre-season hearing the incredibly gay, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED posts. Or the inevitable...."It's only Pre-season moron" posts.

Or relax. Or however the hell else all the homers try to trivialize what someone thinks is a problem before the season starts.

Man, the "everything is OK" crowd gets testy this time of year when the Bills season is all but over.

Hey, jump on board, and let's can TD, then we can all move on.