Please. Direct your angst in the right direction.

DeeRay

Please don't blame, espn or the media for the Brushi publicity or the lack of good Bills publicity. That's what they get paid to do... "Get the winner on the set". When the Bills, if ever, achieve elite team status, they will reap the media rewards.

This team deserves to fly way below the radar in order to avoid detection. Until this team proves otherwise, it deserves honarable mention, at the very least, with the rest of the NFL botom feeders, ie. 49ers, Texans, Vikes.

As fans, the first step we can take is to not be sucked in by the next Teflon Tom gimmick. Enough already. Don't get jacked for new unis, new logos, new and improved training camp schedule, etc. Instead, hold Teflon Tom's feet to the fire and tell him enough is enough.... show us the "W's", show us the playoffs. And, most of all Tom... show us your resignation.

Sure, but it was WAY over the top last night

It was your imagination. As a Bills fan, your team never seems to get enough love. And, as a Bills fan, the Patriots are the hated. Therefore, any love or attention they get is believed to be unwarranted and excessive. There's only so much attention that goes around and the more attetion heaped on the Pats, the less doled out to the bottom feeders...AKA the Bills.

The Pats have won 3 SBs in the past five years... THEY ARE THE STORY... until some other team steps up to the plate. If it had been the Bills that won 3 SBs, the publicity shoe would be on the other foot. You still wouldn't think they were getting enough pub. But, every other fan of every other team would be whining about the ad nauseum amount of love shone to the Bills.

It's life in the big city. That's how it works. Tell Tom Donahoe that he must do something about the excessive amount of light being shined upon the woeful Pats.

It was your imagination.  As a Bills fan, your team never seems to get enough love.  And, as a Bills fan, the Patriots are the hated.  Therefore, any love or attention they get is believed to be unwarranted and excessive.  There's only so much attention that goes around and the more attetion heaped on the Pats, the less doled out to the bottom feeders...AKA the Bills.

The Pats have won 3 SBs in the past five years... THEY ARE THE STORY... until some other team steps up to the plate.  If it had been the Bills that won 3 SBs, the publicity shoe would be on the other foot.  You still wouldn't think they were getting enough pub. But, every other fan of every other team would be whining about the ad nauseum amount of love shone to the Bills.

It's life in the big city.  That's how it works.  Tell Tom Donahoe that he must do something about the excessive amount of light being shined upon the woeful Pats.

491735[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't care less what a bunch of TV talking heads say, and today's whining here is like listening to a rotten child having a snit and blaming the entire universe for alleged slights.

It was your imagination.  As a Bills fan, your team never seems to get enough love.  And, as a Bills fan, the Patriots are the hated.  Therefore, any love or attention they get is believed to be unwarranted and excessive.  There's only so much attention that goes around and the more attetion heaped on the Pats, the less doled out to the bottom feeders...AKA the Bills.

491735[/snapback]

It wasn't my imagination. I don't care if every single story they told last night was on the Pats, I expected it. But every single story, every single shot, every single interview were all about one guy. I'd almost bet that Pat fans were tired of hearing about the same f'in story for 3 hours.

I'd almost bet that Pat fans were tired of hearing about the same f'in story for 3 hours.

491770[/snapback]

All the Pats fans in my office have been giving me a pretty wide berth today. I'll let you know what they thought of it tomorrow when I'll tone down the "I will kill you if you come near me" 'tude I'm eminating today. :angry:

All the Pats fans in my office have been giving me a pretty wide berth today.  I'll let you know what they thought of it tomorrow when I'll tone down the "I will kill you if you come near me" 'tude I'm eminating today.  :angry:

491781[/snapback]

I'd be scared too if I saw a pile of empty PBR cans and you screaming " Death ",while waving around some beakers full of red liquid. Your co-workers ARE showing proper caution. :lol:

The Pats have won 3 SBs in the past five years... THEY ARE THE STORY... until some other team steps up to the plate.  If it had been the Bills that won 3 SBs, the publicity shoe would be on the other foot.  You still wouldn't think they were getting enough pub. But, every other fan of every other team would be whining about the ad nauseum amount of love shone to the Bills.

It's life in the big city.  That's how it works.  Tell Tom Donahoe that he must do something about the excessive amount of light being shined upon the woeful Pats.

491735[/snapback]

Sad but true. :angry:

That's it.... You've got it. I can only make about two games a year, living in Virginia. But from here on out I will continue to go to games, but will not spend a penny on team gear and other TD creations until he (they) put a winner on the field. I ask you all to join me.

Who's with me.......heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

This of course holds true until I get up there for the Denver game and my kids ask me to bring them back something from the Bills store. :angry:

Please don't blame, espn or the media for the Brushi publicity or the lack of good Bills publicity.  That's what they get paid to do... "Get the winner on the set".  When the Bills, if ever, achieve elite team status, they will reap the media rewards.

This team deserves to fly way below the radar in order to avoid detection.  Until this team proves otherwise, it deserves honarable mention, at the very least, with the rest of the NFL botom feeders, ie. 49ers, Texans, Vikes.

As fans, the first step we can take is to not be sucked in by the next Teflon Tom gimmick.  Enough already.  Don't get jacked for new unis, new logos, new and improved training camp schedule, etc.  Instead, hold Teflon Tom's feet to the fire and tell him enough is enough.... show us the "W's", show us the playoffs.  And, most of all Tom... show us your resignation.

491651[/snapback]

your points are well taken, but MDH was right. last night was absurd. suzy kolber was the worst- i never could stand her, but last night i wanted to throw stuff at the tv whrn she was on. even my buddy- who likes dallas and could not care less if we win or lose- thought the whole espn crew was ridiculous.

All the Pats fans in my office have been giving me a pretty wide berth today.  I'll let you know what they thought of it tomorrow when I'll tone down the "I will kill you if you come near me" 'tude I'm eminating today.  :angry:

491781[/snapback]

LOL...that's funny, they are treating me the same way. Not becuase of the Tedy coverage....altough it was WAAAAAAY overboard. I think it is because of a few REALLY BAD calls in the 4qtr. You all know what I mean

I'd be scared too if I saw a pile of empty PBR cans and you screaming " Death ",while waving around some beakers full of red liquid. Your co-workers ARE showing proper caution.  :angry:

491803[/snapback]

I get to work pretty early in the morning (usually 6:45) so I'm completely hung over and still pissed about the game. There's only a few of us that come in that early, but one is a bandwagon Pats fan...the worst kind of fan. So I try to get by her cube without speaking to her and she says all chipper "Yeah, Pats!" I whirled around and just laid into her...about the nauseating coverage, the bogus offensive PI call, how Holcomb sucks...just really let her have it. So she says, "Well I didn't see the second half" and I swear I thought about going on a freaking rampage right then and there. Typical NE fan. Doesn't even watch the whole game but has to get a verbal shot in. No one will come near me today. My email usually gets filled up, too. Not today. They know, man. They know.