Will the Bills make the playoffs

Clockwork

Will the Bills make the playoffs?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

Please also add an explanation as to why or why not. Simple enough.

Before last night's game, I thought we had a shot. Not being able to play for a full 60 minutes changed my mind. We obviously do not have the leadership, talent and determination to win, all of those were very evident last night. At this point, I feel like 7-9 will be an accomplishment.

The Bills defense still is not good. Injured players ran effectively against them. The offense cannot get in a shoot out with another team.

And after looking at the schedule ... find me 6 wins on the schedule. They aint there folks.

Fine, I'll be the hopeless optimist (remember, everyone roasted Wade Phillips for saying they weren't going to the playoffs when the Colts were at the same bad position we were- - and the Colts made it!). While I don't know if we WILL or not, I know that this team CAN.

Why can we make the playoffs? Here's a few reasons:

1) We know we can go 5-1 in the division. Already beat the Jets and Dolphins, and we should have beaten the Patriots (still stings). Next game will be at home, so we have a shot.

2) We have one of, if not the best RB in the league. Control the clock, take away your opponents opportunities, mask your QB weakness.

3)Special teams havn't been as explosive as last year, but do regularly set us up with great field position.

4) Our only two hard road games are against the Chargers (who look totally beatable this year) and the Bengals. Even if we lose thos two games, we could go 9-7 which is probably enough to win this division (although beating the Panthers AND Chiefs at home will be a tough challenge; but I still believe we can beat anyone at home).

So it'll be a REALLY tough road ahead, but we're not out of it yet.

That said, I don't think it matters which QB we put in. Neither of them is really putting in great performances.

CW

Fine, I'll be the hopeless optimist (remember, everyone roasted Wade Phillips for saying they weren't going to the playoffs when the Colts were at the same bad position we were- - and the Colts made it!).  While I don't know if we WILL or not, I know that this team CAN.

Why can we make the playoffs?  Here's a few reasons:

1) We know we can go 5-1 in the division.  Already beat the Jets and Dolphins, and we should have beaten the Patriots (still stings).  Next game will be at home, so we have a shot.

2) We have one of, if not the best RB in the league.  Control the clock, take away your opponents opportunities,  mask your QB weakness.

3)Special teams havn't been as explosive as last year, but do regularly set us up with great field position.

4) Our only two hard road games are against the Chargers (who look totally beatable this year) and the Bengals.  Even if we lose thos two games, we could go 9-7 which is probably enough to win this division (although beating the Panthers AND Chiefs at home will be a tough challenge; but I still believe we can beat anyone at home).

So it'll be a REALLY tough road ahead, but we're not out of it yet.

That said, I don't think it matters which QB we put in.  Neither of them is really putting in great performances.

CW

491647[/snapback]

LMAO.....wow!

What's worse?  Trying to be optimistic, or wasting your time watching a team (and posting on a message board) for a team that you know has no future?  :angry:

CW

491666[/snapback]

i wanna be on that optimism train too... but Monday is the grief stage... you have to give me my grief day

i wanna be on that optimism train too... but Monday is the grief stage... you have to give me my grief day

491673[/snapback]

I guess I'm on the fast train; I went through grief last night between the end of the game and going to bed :angry:

CW

What's worse?  Trying to be optimistic, or wasting your time watching a team (and posting on a message board) for a team that you know has no future?  :angry:

CW

491666[/snapback]

Fezzer, just do what I do and bet against them every road game they play. It's a lock. Since we love the Bills, my as well use them to make money. Oh, and the schedule is about to get a lot harder if anyone hasn't noticed.

The grief isn't as bad if you set your expectations lower. I expected the Bills to be absolutely humiliated by the Patriots, and was pleasantly surprised when they merely lost. My sense of surprise was . . . less pleasant on that fourth down play, but overall it's less painful to be a realist than an optimist.