Fantasy advice, RB & WR

Buftex

I am in a quandry this week. I may have too many good RB's to make a clear decision, and poor depth at WR. Tell me who you would play:

RB: Clinton Portis (undisputed #1 guy vs. NYG)

who should be #2 this week? Choices:

Chris Brown (Questionable) vs Indianapolis

Curtis Martin - vs. San Diego

DeShaun Foster- vs Kansas City

Thomas Jones - vs Green Bay

I am leaning toward Foster, because of the weak KC defense, but I am having a hard time ignoring the awesome game Martin had last week. I started Chris Brown last week, and he had a very good game, but Martin, who I left on the bench, had an moster game. I lost my matchup by 2 points! <_< Is Martin for real, or was last week an abberation?

________________________________________________________________________________

I have crap at receiver, the opposite problem, poor depth. Here are my choices:

Marvin Harrison (undisputed #1 guy) vs Tenn.

Who at #2?

Jerry Porter vs Buffalo

Josh Reed vs Oakland

Peerless Price vs St Louls

Dennis Northcutt vs Dallas

Any input is apprecited.....

Id take Martin as your #2 RB. As for a #WR...thats tough! I hate to pick against the Bills,but Im leaning towards Porter.

36462[/snapback]

Thanks for the input. I am taking your advice. The more I think about playing Foster, I can see some negatives. Porter and Price are sort of a toss-up. I will go with Porter, since he was the second recevier I drafted.

Thanks for the input.  I am taking your advice.  The more I think about playing Foster, I can see some negatives.  Porter and Price are sort of a toss-up.  I will go with Porter, since he was the second recevier I drafted.

36641[/snapback]

Good choice...as far as Martin is concerned anyway. :blink:

You need to swing a trade for a WR...

Youve got a lot of RB's that are mostly the same, hence your problem....trade one and get a WR....

45717[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree. I have been trying to trade a RB for another good WR (to compliment Harrison), but so far, no takers. I am operating under the pretense that Clinton Portis is my only un-tradable RB. I tried trading either Curtis Martin, Chris Brown or Thomas Jones to a guy in my leauge, for Hines Ward. This other owner has Randy Moss as his other starting receiver, and today is starting Moe Williams and Aron Stecker (also has Stephen Davis- bye week today). He hemmed and hawed over it, and finally said "no deal". He would only make the trade with me if I would throw in a Tony Gonzales for Billy Miller (Houston TE). What a fool! IMO! He has crap for running backs (Davis is hurt and getting older), and has only Moss and Ward as his legit point getters. IMO, no matter how good your receivers are, you are not going to win a leauge with no RB's. Receivers are the most undependable point getters in fantasy footblall, no matter how good they are. Oh well, I figure I am better off having too many good runnnig backs and mediocre receivers. If the Chiefs ever get untracked, Gonzales is as good as a receiver anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.