No Halloween in Boston Elementary School

jimshiz

This is coming from a radical right-winger Christian... I believe that just as a Creche and menorah can co-exist in public places in December, so can Halloween and All Saints Day (in October/November).

The following is just like real-life Footloose:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus..._newton?mode=PF

It goes against Freedom OF "expression" and is more like Freedom FROM "expression".

Massachusetts offends me. I'm going to sue ESPN if they show the New England Patriots, Fox for showing the Boston Red Sox, and the Democratic party for John Kerry and Ted Kennedy. I'm also going to sue Larry Bird for playing for the Celtics, and the Indiana Pacers for hiring Larry Bird

This is coming from a radical right-winger Christian...  I believe that just as a Creche and menorah can co-exist in public places in December, so can Halloween and All Saints Day (in October/November).

It goes against Freedom OF "expression" and is more like Freedom FROM "expression".

489099[/snapback]

I am in complete agreement with you. This result is total BS!

This is coming from a radical right-winger Christian...  I believe that just as a Creche and menorah can co-exist in public places in December, so can Halloween and All Saints Day (in October/November).

489099[/snapback]

Of course, Halloween is most properly called All Halloweds' Eve, as the evening before All Saints' Day. So, in effect, those whose religious beliefs are offended are basically saying they're offended by All Saints' Day...

...so maybe they're Islamic? Hell, maybe they're just Protestants who dislike Catholicism...

Of course, Halloween is most properly called All Halloweds' Eve, as the evening before All Saints' Day.  So, in effect, those whose religious beliefs are offended are basically saying they're offended by All Saints' Day...

...so maybe they're Islamic?  Hell, maybe they're just Protestants who dislike Catholicism...

489122[/snapback]

maybe they're environmentalists who don't like mother earth being abused by having her resources used to make crappy halloween costumes out of non-biodegradable products sold by big business and manufactured by non union sweatshop workers

or maybe they're just party poopers

Massachusetts offends me.  I'm going to sue ESPN if they show the New England Patriots, Fox for showing the Boston Red Sox, and the Democratic party for John Kerry and Ted Kennedy.  I'm also going to sue Larry Bird for playing for the Celtics, and the Indiana Pacers for hiring Larry Bird

489103[/snapback]

And the Bruins. Gotta' sue the Bruins. :doh:

!@#$ Religion.

489189[/snapback]

Yeah.

Now that it ruined Halloween that proves it is worthless.

I mean, just because people aren't allowed to pray in school, why should they be mad and start demanding obviously ridiculous things? Praying isn't important.

Now they're all in a hissy fit and won't let us wear our costume of Johnny Damon or Sponge Bob, or maybe some guy puking or with a knife in his head or something cool like that. That is really important. These people need to get their priorities straight.

Yeah.

Now that it ruined Halloween that proves it is worthless.

I mean, just because people aren't allowed to pray in school, why should they be mad and start demanding obviously ridiculous things?  Praying isn't important. 

Now they're all in a hissy fit and won't let us wear our costume of Johnny Damon or Sponge Bob, or maybe some guy puking or with a knife in his head or something cool like that.  That is really important.  These people need to get their priorities straight.

493097[/snapback]

1. Tedy Bruschi

2. Everything else