Be careful what you ask for..

<_< I for one do not want to see a new GM, a new Coach and a whole new syatem here in Buffalo. I don't have to like TD, I don't think Mike Malarky is a total boob. Sure we need some better players in a few places but we will still win some more games this year. We will improve as the season goes on and over the off season. Watching Holcomb play QB you can see why he never took over as number one on any of his previous teams. He is a solid back up, no more. JP Losman is still our QB of the Future and needs more playing time. Don't be too ready to throw him away or change the leadership. He needs to work in the same system for the same bosses.

All that being said, we can beat the Pats this week. They are NOT supermen!

Everybudy just lighten up.

GO BILLS!!

PULVERIZE THE PATSIES!!!

GIVE BELLYCHUCK A BELLY ACHE!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:pirate::pirate::pirate:

<_<  I for one do not want to see a new GM, a new Coach and a whole new syatem here in Buffalo. I don't have to like TD, I don't think Mike Malarky is a total boob. Sure we need some better players in a few places but we will still win some more games this year. We will improve as the season goes on and over the off season. Watching Holcomb play QB you can see why he never took over as number one on any of his previous teams. He is a solid back up, no more. JP Losman is still our QB of the Future and needs more playing time. Don't be too ready to throw him away or change the leadership. He needs to work in the same system for the same bosses.

Everybudy just lighten up.

GO BILLS!!

PULVERIZE THE PATSIES!!!

GIVE BELLYCHUCK A BELLY ACHE!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:pirate:  :pirate:  :pirate:

487028[/snapback]

Who is Terry D?

487028[/snapback]

I have this vision of Rocky fighting Ivan Drago when he cuts the Russian's upper cheek, causing him to bleed...and his trainer Duke in the corner yelling "You see? He's bleeding! You cut him! He's NOT a machine! You hear me? He's NOT a machine! He's a man!"

I have this vision of Rocky fighting Ivan Drago when he cuts the Russian's upper cheek, causing him to bleed...and his trainer Duke in the corner yelling "You see? He's bleeding! You cut him! He's NOT a machine! You hear me? He's NOT a machine! He's a man!"

487061[/snapback]

"If it bleeds we can kill it." - Arnold

Can you see J P Losman Running up the steps in Philly? <_<

exactly...look at some of the coaches who have been chased out...

..Wade Phillips/Dan Henning/Pendry/Cottrell/Levy/

I'm sure there are more, but no GM/coach is without criticism. Success takes time. Sometimes more time than fickle fans want to give.

I'm not quite as angry as many of you as I never saw this team as a good team. Even last year, I saw all the flaws. Even with the #1 defence rating and all the turnovers, I would have taken our Pat Williams/Ted Washington/Cowart/Winfield/Sam Rogers/Newman/Holocek defence over this one. That was a physical defence that abused people.

Success takes time. Sometimes more time than fickle fans want to give.

487155[/snapback]

<_< We are rapidly approaching the longest playoff drought in the franchise's mostly dismal 46-year history (will be 6 straight non-playoff seasons if we don't make it this year; the record is 7 straight, from 1967-73). And yet you are characterizing many of us who are losing patience as "fickle?" :lol::lol:

Check this out, Bills GM's that I've ranked by regular season winning percentage:

1. Bill Polian: .622 (69-42)

Seasons: 7

Seasons with playoffs: 5

Playoff record: 8-5

Accomplishments: 3 AFC championships, 4 division titles

2. Dick Gallagher: .602 (56-37-5)

Seasons with playoffs: 4

Playoff Record: 2-2

Accomplishments: 2 AFL championships, 3 division titles

3. John Butler: .578 (74-54)

Seasons: 8

Playoff Record: 3-5

Accomplishments: 1 AFC championship, 2 division titles

4. Stew Barber: .561 (32-25)

Seasons: 4

Seasons with playoffs: 2

Playoff record: 1-2

Accomplishments: 1 division title

5. Pat McGroder: .500 (8-8)

Seasons: 1

Seasons with playoffs: 0

Playoff record: 0-0

Accomplishments: None

6. Teflon Tom Donahoe: .408 (29-42)

Seasons: 4 plus this current one

7. Bob Lustig: .317 (53-114-3)

Seasons: 12

Seasons with playoffs: 1

Playoff record: 0-1

8. Terry Bledsoe: .125 (4-28)

Seasons: 2

My conclusion? Pretty much the same that I had back in April: playoffs this year or the pink slip. Finding a new GM of the same caliber or better as Teflon Tom shouldn't take too long. Is Stew Barber still available? :lol:

<_< We are rapidly approaching the longest playoff drought in the franchise's mostly dismal 46-year history (will be 6 straight non-playoff seasons if we don't make it this year; the record is 7 straight, from 1967-73). And yet you are characterizing many of us who are losing patience as "fickle?"  :lol:  :lol:

Check this out, Bills GM's that I've ranked by regular season winning percentage:

My conclusion? Pretty much the same that I had back in April: playoffs this year or the pink slip. Finding a new GM of the same caliber or better as Teflon Tom shouldn't take too long. Is Stew Barber still available?  :lol:

487210[/snapback]

Well, you see Roch, apparently to some farmers a sprinkle marks the end to a drought. So the "one-and-done" single-season playoff appearances count as drought-breakers, even if it didn't build to anything. The same kind of people use the term "once in a row" pretty often...Thanks to that playoff blowout vs Pittsburgh in 1974 we did not have one long drought between '66 and '80, but two smaller droughts.

I'm sure if we had made it to the playoffs last year and been creamed in the first round these same people would have been perfectly content with the way things are going now...

<_<

Well, you see Roch, apparently to some farmers a sprinkle marks the end to a drought.  So the "one-and-done" single-season playoff appearances count as drought-breakers, even if it didn't build to anything.  The same kind of people use the term "once in a row" pretty often...Thanks to that playoff blowout vs Pittsburgh in 1974 we did not have one long drought between '66 and '80, but two smaller droughts. 

I'm sure if we had made it to the playoffs last year and been creamed in the first round these same people would have been perfectly content with the way things are going now...

<_<

487276[/snapback]

What's your point?

Mine was that a Bills fan isn't being impatient or fickle by complaining about 5 to 6 straight years without playoffs.

Do you disagree?

If you want to consider breaking a playoff drought as making the playoffs two consecutive years - or winning a playoff game - then be my guest. So that would set the longest playoff drought in Bills history at 13. Now what?

13 is pretty bad, but 5 to 6 is pretty bad as well - particularly in the free agency/salary cap era where a GM has many more opportunities to build a winner quickly.

:doh: We are rapidly approaching the longest playoff drought in the franchise's mostly dismal 46-year history (will be 6 straight non-playoff seasons if we don't make it this year; the record is 7 straight, from 1967-73). And yet you are characterizing many of us who are losing patience as "fickle?"  :P  ;)

My conclusion? Pretty much the same that I had back in April: playoffs this year or the pink slip. Finding a new GM of the same caliber or better as Teflon Tom shouldn't take too long. Is Stew Barber still available?  :lol:

487210[/snapback]

Thank-you! It seems some folks are OK with a GM with horrible record and is clearly ruining the franchise. I believe 6 seasons is plenty long enough to give a GM a chance to make the playoffs. I guess some fans are just happy with mediocrity. :lol:

... We will improve as the season goes on and over the off season. Watching Holcomb play QB you can see why he never took over as number one on any of his previous teams. He is a solid back up, no more. JP Losman is still our QB of the Future and needs more playing time. Don't be too ready to throw him away or change the leadership. He needs to work in the same system for the same bosses.

487028[/snapback]

I'm just curious how you can say that based on watching Holcomb you conclude he will never be better than a solid backup, and yet you say JP is our QB of the future. What have you seen in JP on the field (but not in Holcomb) that propels him ahead?

Or is it because he's a 1st round draft choice, therefore he will become starter caliber?

What have you seen in JP on the field (but not in Holcomb) that propels him ahead?

What have I seen?

I saw a strong arm able to pass deep.

I saw thw ability to pass on the run.

I saw JP run efectively whit uncustomary speed for a QB.

Without experience in games JP will not be able to read defenses and develop pocket presence.

GO BILLS!!

PLASTER THE PATSIES!! :doh::P

I'm just curious how you can say that based on watching Holcomb you conclude he will never be better than a solid backup, and yet you say JP is our QB of the future.  What have you seen in JP on the field (but not in Holcomb) that propels him ahead?

Or is it because he's a 1st round draft choice, therefore he will become starter caliber?

487827[/snapback]

How long does it traditionally take to develop a NFL caliber QB?

Hint: it's more than 4 games.

But you have no sense of history do you?

Answer: 3 - 5 years

How long does it traditionally take to develop a NFL caliber QB?

. . .

Answer: 3 - 5 years

487977[/snapback]

I'm just afraid that in 3 - 5 years, Wilson will be dead. Also, Phil Simms pointed out that even when a rookie QB struggles, he typically shows flashes of future brilliance if his career is going to go anywhere. Losman hasn't shown that. While I haven't given up on him completely, I'm less confident than I was at the beginning of the season.

overall, after all the dust settles, we must realize that it would have been much simpler to use the draft pick we used on Losman to go get a SOLID left tackle, use the Cap room we saved from bledsoe to go get another SOLID OL, and i dunno, just upgrade the damn line, keep Pat Williams or go sign someone just as good , ahem Corey Simon and keep a hermit as a QB. Look at the chiefs, you could put me as the QB and they'd have a stellar passing game, its obvious that if KH had time to throw he would be successful, drafting QB's is like playing a lottery ticket, the odds of getting a winner are slim... Losman was a 1st round pick, correction he was a #20 over all pick.

He might turn out to be good but id rather have a good OL than a superstar QB