Here is the problem that I have with

His Defensive approach (for whatever reason) is allowing WAY to much yardage on the ground.

(don't tell me that it is all about Spikes being out for the season)

OK if I'm the DC and I can look back at 4 games films and say, "You know what? my running prevent blitzes are not working... maybe I should do something different" Well the season is almost 1/2 over and still no adjustment.

No Gray simply wont give up on his stupid attack Def. He is most likely saying, "Gee if we could just tackle a little bit better... we could stop the run"

Sorry, but even an IDIOT can see that the Bills Attacking Defense is putting people out of position to make those tackles.

If we stay with this style of def against the PATS well will end up on the wrong side of a 42 - 7 blowout!

His Defensive approach (for whatever reason) is allowing WAY to much yardage on the ground. 

OK if I'm the DC and I can look back at 4 games films and say, "You know what? my running prevent blitzes are not working... maybe I should do something different"  Well the season is almost 1/2 over and still no adjustment.

No Gray simply wont give up on his stupid attack Def.  He is most likely saying, "Gee if we could just tackle a little bit better... we could stop the run"

Sorry, but even an IDIOT can see that the Bills Attacking Defense is putting people out of position to make those tackles.

If we stay with this style of def against the PATS well will end up on the wrong side of a 42 - 7 blowout!

486872[/snapback]

Well, he called a conservative game plan agaisn't agaisn't the Bucs and we still got steamrolled by Cadillac. Like I said in an earlier post, sometimes it pays to remeber that old Clinton phrase, just slighly adjusted.

"Its the players stupid"

What most dont like is the fact that the Bills are losing.

Next week, if the defense holds in NE, Gray will be lauded as a "genious" by more than one or two posters here.

486915[/snapback]

he was last year, and i didn't agree with it then. he relies too much on GIMMICKS and not just guys beating the dude across from them. wouldn't you think THE BEST DEFENSE EVER (SARCASM) could just maybe line up and beat guys one-on-one occasionally? then our TACKLING MACHINE LINEBACKER (SARCASM) london fletcher could just run around stopping guys for one yard gains all day long. this is how the 99-00 defense did it- remember those guys? now that defense was actually worth discussing in the context of great defenses...they were only 1 or 2 guys in the secondary (not to mention a few special teamers and one QB)away from being LEGENDARY (no sarcasm) because that was a super bowl defense. i wonder if gray has ever watched tapes of those guys??

That's possible, but did you ever consider the front four, in particular the guys inside (Adams, Anderson, Sape, Bannon), just plain and simple flat out suck? Adams plays 2 downs and takes 7 off. He never was worth a schitt whereverver he's played without having a top guy like Jonn Randle, Tony Siragusa, or Pat Williams take the heat and focus off him. When he lives at the top of the opposition's scouting report, they know how to neutralize him. He's a fat, lazy, out of shape slob.

Donahoe calls the shots on who's drafted, and what players are brought in here. The coaches have input... but that's about it.

"Its the players stupid"

486909[/snapback]

The same set of 9 of 11 players played last year and had a top RUN defense...

It is not the players stupid....but the inability of the coaching staff to adjust

your scheme as teams are catching up to your scheme and game planning

for them...

OK if I'm the DC and I can look back at 4 games films and say, "You know what? my running prevent blitzes are not working... maybe I should do something different"  Well the season is almost 1/2 over and still no adjustment.

No Gray simply wont give up on his stupid attack Def.  He is most likely saying, "Gee if we could just tackle a little bit better... we could stop the run"

486872[/snapback]

He seems to be trying to be the defensive equivalent of Gilbride... <_<