ESPN Radio in the AM

Kipers Hair

ON the Mike and Mike show this morning, they were going what is hashed on this site almost daily - is it better to go 8-8 and win some meaningless games, or 2-14 and better your team for the long term. It was a split - but a lot of the same things thrown out by both sides here. (For what it's worth, i am on the let's stack the deck and get a shot at an all-pro).

Anyway - I am posting this as Mike Golic has already counted the BIlls out of the hunt as a playoff team - Even though they are a mere 1/2 game out of first. He thinks they just don;t have it...as many here think. That said - he's obviously a football guy with a knowledge of what it takes to play in this league - what do you guys think?

I heard that. I was surprised that Greenberg, a Jets fan, thought the Bills weren't out of it. However as things stand right now, the only chance the Bills have of making the playoffs is winning the division, and that will be tough with NE in it. That being said, the Bills could possibly turn it around, or NE could get hit with more injuries, so anything is possible. There are still 9 games left and the Bills have a much-needed bye after this weekend and 2 weeks to prepare for KC at home. I hope they take the opportunity to tinker with the team because things can't continue to go on like this.

Edited by MadBuffaloDisease

I heard that.  I was surprised that Greenberg, a Jets fan, thought the Bills weren't out of it. 

The reason for that is that the Jets once started the year 1-4 going into their bye week, and then won the division at 9-7... and this looks like another year where 9-7 will win the division.

JDG

ON the Mike and Mike show this morning, they were going what is hashed on this site almost daily - is it better to go 8-8 and win some meaningless games, or 2-14 and better your team for the long term.  It was a split - but a lot of the same things thrown out by both sides here.  (For what it's worth, i am on the let's stack the deck and get a shot at an all-pro). 

Anyway - I am posting this as Mike Golic has already counted the BIlls out of the hunt as a playoff team - Even though they are a mere 1/2 game out of first.  He thinks they just don;t have it...as many here think.  That said - he's obviously a football guy with a knowledge of what it takes to play in this league - what do you guys think?

486650[/snapback]

I think Golic is a a fat, Philly fug...but that's just me. I understand his point...the Bills appear hopeless and dead in the water but until they're mathematically eliminated, they're still in it. If I have to hear Greenberg cry over his dogass Jest one more time I think I'll hurl. :)

That said - he's obviously a football guy with a knowledge of what it takes to play in this league - what do you guys think?

486650[/snapback]

I think that he's no more qualified to evaluate whether this team has "it" than anyone here. In fact, I'd argue that many people here are better qualified to discuss the Bills than he is.

If he was a Bill last year, I wouldn't question his credibility. But his playing 8 years ago (or however long ago it was) in Cleveland has no relevance in assessing the '05 Bills.

Note that I'm not saying he's right or wrong. Nor am i saying that he and Greenie don't have an entertaining show. It's just that I'm not so sure he knows more about the Bills than three-quarters of TSW posters.

Last season many media pundits (and fans) were quick to write them off. There's a lot of football to play. Stranger things have happened, and as last season should have proven, anything can happen.

Personally, I'm going to enjoy football season by taking as it comes - one game at a time, win or lose. I'll let the "experts" worry about the rest of that crap. Afterall, teams that have "it" get it by winning one game at a time. I'm not making any promises one way or the other, I'm just hoping they come out and play hard on Sunday.

ON the Mike and Mike show this morning, they were going what is hashed on this site almost daily - is it better to go 8-8 and win some meaningless games, or 2-14 and better your team for the long term.  It was a split - but a lot of the same things thrown out by both sides here.  (For what it's worth, i am on the let's stack the deck and get a shot at an all-pro). 

Anyway - I am posting this as Mike Golic has already counted the BIlls out of the hunt as a playoff team - Even though they are a mere 1/2 game out of first.  He thinks they just don;t have it...as many here think.  That said - he's obviously a football guy with a knowledge of what it takes to play in this league - what do you guys think?

486650[/snapback]

Well it's just SO hard to argue against the Bills further faltering right now...It's about impossible...Even last Season when we were 1-5, you could at least say with confidence the Defense was pretty good...This Year it's the failure of the Defense to stop the run that is making Headlines on the negative side. And lets face it, The Bills Passing Offense is not exactly steller...So dispite the 3-4 record I think for a guy who has to know a little about every Team, it's easy to assume the Bills will slide out of The Playoff Picture...Real easy...

That being said who really knows...My personal opinion is this Team will have an opportunity to Win any Home Game and will struggle a lot on the Road...So anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8 is most likely...But I'm never right so... :)

I think that he's no more qualified to evaluate whether this team has "it" than anyone here.  In fact, I'd argue that many people here are better qualified to discuss the Bills than he is.

If he was a Bill last year, I wouldn't question his credibility.  But his playing 8 years ago (or however long ago it was) in Cleveland has no relevance in assessing the '05 Bills.

Note that I'm not saying he's right or wrong.  Nor am i saying that he and Greenie don't have an entertaining show.  It's just that I'm not so sure he knows more about the Bills than three-quarters of TSW posters.

Last season many media pundits (and fans) were quick to write them off.  There's a lot of football to play.  Stranger things have happened, and as last season should have proven, anything can happen. 

Personally, I'm going to enjoy football season by taking as it comes -  one game at a time, win or lose.  I'll let the "experts" worry about the rest of that crap.  Afterall, teams that have "it" get it by winning one game at a time.  I'm not making any promises one way or the other, I'm just hoping they come out and play hard on Sunday.

486733[/snapback]

There's a big difference between this year and last year. Last year at 1-5 when people at work were telling me the Bills would win 4 games, I could point to the schedule with confidence that they would win a lot more because we still had creampuffs like the Cardinals, Dolphins, Browns and 49ers on our schedule which I could pencil in as certain wins. I figured they had another win or 2 at least beyond those teams as the players adjusted to the new system. This year, we just got crushed by a 1-4 team after already playing 3 of the weakest NFL teams in home wins. There are no more sure wins left on the schedule. The only games we can pencil in as MIGHT win are Carolina, @Miami & @ Jets-and I can't say with any confidence that those games won't be losses as well. Overall I can't see better than 6-10, with 4-12 a real possibility.

Regarding our "historic" defense:

"it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,

than to open it and remove all doubt"

-Mark Twain, pretty brilliant for a guy from Missour-ahhh

486774[/snapback]

That guy also spent a lot of time in Buffalo".