If I'm Mike Mularkey, I bench anyone ...

ChasBB

who proclaims self-greatness. Enough is enough. It's up to the coach to reign in this type of behavior. Yes, I know that you can probably put a big, fat 'L' in the Win-Loss column while your star players ride the pine, but something has to be done. It should have been done weeks ago with the defense and definitely last week with the RB. It's the coach's job to control this stuff and to stand up to this nonsense.

who proclaims self-greatness.  Enough is enough.  It's up to the coach to reign in this type of behavior.  Yes, I know that you can probably put a big, fat 'L' in the Win-Loss column while your star players ride the pine, but something has to be done.  It should have been done weeks ago with the defense and definitely last week with the RB.  It's the coach's job to control this stuff and to stand up to this nonsense.

485714[/snapback]

Right. He'll get right to it after he asks TD whether he can use the bathroom.

who proclaims self-greatness.  Enough is enough.  It's up to the coach to reign in this type of behavior.  Yes, I know that you can probably put a big, fat 'L' in the Win-Loss column while your star players ride the pine, but something has to be done.  It should have been done weeks ago with the defense and definitely last week with the RB.  It's the coach's job to control this stuff and to stand up to this nonsense.

485714[/snapback]

I understand your point, but if you are referring to Willis, you have to understand the context. He was asked who he thought the best running back in the NFL is. Willis said the league is full of good backs and he mentioned LT, Portis, and Edge- and the reporter asked which one he thought was the best, and Willis said "I think I am the best." What is he supposed to say? He went to UMiami, remember....

The running back widely considered to be the best, Tomlinson, had 17 carries for 7 yards on Sunday. I don't think he will be riding the pine this week.

I am getting a little tired of watching Nasty Nate get scorched for TD's however. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he is always matched up with the other team's premier receiver...but he says he can cover them, it's time to start doing it.

If I'm Mike Mularkey, I bench anyone who...........

is 30 or over, clearly past their primes, and who should not be here next year.

That list

Adams

Fletcher

Milloy

Moulds

Posey

Teague

Villareal

Vincent

Thats half of a starting D age thirty or over, and we wonder why they took such a big fall this year

I understand your point, but if you are referring to Willis, you have to understand the context.  He was asked who he thought the best running back in the NFL is.  Willis said the league is full of good backs and he mentioned LT, Portis, and Edge- and the reporter asked which one he thought was the best, and Willis said "I think I am the best."  What is he supposed to say?  He went to UMiami, remember....

485812[/snapback]

Yes, but he also proceeded to belittle the Raiders defense. This is just Public Relations 101. You build your opponent up all week in the press by saying how great they are and how tough they are going to be to play against. With a little luck, the opponents start believing this crap. Then, on Sunday, you completely dismantle the them. This is how Belichick deals with opponents -- he builds them up all week long and then systematically destroys them on game day (well, not so much this season, but you get the idea).

485714[/snapback]

Bench 'em all! Who cares how they play? Let's make our playing decisions based, primarily, on off-field statements and behavior.

Good plan!

:):lol::lol::lol:

If I'm Mike Mularkey, I bench anyone who...........

is 30 or over, clearly past their primes, and who should not be here next year.

That list

Adams

Fletcher

Milloy

Moulds

Posey

Teague

Villareal

Vincent

Thats half of a starting D age thirty or over, and we wonder why they took such a big fall this year

485848[/snapback]

I think you've got a point here. Most players past 30 are going to decline rapidly, and that may explain much of the disasterous slide of the defense. I don't think I'd bench all of these guys, but it might be time to take our lumps with a youth movement.

I think you've got a point here.  Most players past 30 are going to decline rapidly, and that may explain much of the disasterous slide of the defense.  I don't think I'd bench all of these guys, but it might be time to take our lumps with a youth movement.

486568[/snapback]

Actually, TD does a pretty good job of this...due to his basic nature to not overpay aging vets. With that said, I agree that several of these guys are among the best on the team and you don't bench your best players, regardless of age.

This man's plan is, of course, sarcastic or just plain over simplistic.

What's up Doc? Any new books out?

Actually, TD does a pretty good job of this...due to his basic nature to not overpay aging vets.  With that said, I agree that several of these guys are among the best on the team and you don't bench your best players, regardless of age.

This man's plan is, of course, sarcastic or just plain over simplistic.

What's up Doc?  Any new books out?

486572[/snapback]

Well a little bit of both with some realism sprinkled in. After seeing Milloy and crew just getting wiped out week after week, can you see us coming into next year with either Milloy, Vincent, Posey, Adams as starters next year?

Can you realistically think Teague is gooing to be our starting center? If we get pummeled on Sunday night, is it not right to start seeing some of the younger guys and getting them some experience. Lets see Preston and Peters and get them game time experience

bench nate clements for a series, change the radio frequency on holcomb's/losman's helmet receiver from tom clements' headset...  Procede to call "Willis left/Willis right" for 50 straight plays.

485777[/snapback]

This was nice... <_<

"For nearly a decade, the Green Bay Packers' Power Sweep was the dominant play in pro football. It was the signature play of Vince Lombardi's offensive scheme, and anyone who watched the NFL on CBS in the l960s heard sportscaster Ray Scott make calls, like the one above from the 1965 championship against Cleveland, numerous times.

The Lombardi Sweep was as much a part of the NFL landscape in the 1960s as a Jimmy Brown pitchout or a John Unitas sideline pass to Raymond Berry, and the Packers rode their number one running play to five NFL titles and victories in the first two Super Bowls.

Like most Lombardi plays, the sweep relied on a minimum of deception but a maximum of effort.

The pulling guards formed a convoy around end, with the lead guard taking out the cornerback and the offside guard picking up the middle linebacker or outside linebacker. The center executed a cutoff block on the defensive tackle, and the onside offensive tackle popped the defensive end and then sealed off the middle linebacker. The blocking back lead the ballcarrier into the hole with a down block on the defensive end, and the tight end drove the outside linebacker in the direction he wanted to go. If the linebacker made an inside move, the tight end rode him in that direction and the runner hit outside. If the linebacker went outside, the tight end moved with him and the runner cut inside.

Because of the option blocking of the tight end and the runner's ability to cut inside or outside, the sweep was really two plays in one. Three, if you add the extra dimension of the halfback option pass off the sweep action.

What it was most however, was a four-yards-and-a-cloud-of- dust play perfectly suited to Green Bay's ball-control offense. "

http://www.footballresearch.com/articles/f...m?topic=5-sweep

Bench 'em all!  Who cares how they play?  Let's make our playing decisions based, primarily, on off-field statements and behavior.

Good plan!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

486560[/snapback]

If I'm the coach, I want my star players saying "I want to be mediocre! I strive to play just well enough to keep my starting job and no more!" All this talk about wanting to be the best and having some amount of confidence in yourself is for losers. <_<

Well a little bit of both with some realism sprinkled in. After seeing Milloy and crew just getting wiped out week after week, can you see us coming into next year with either Milloy, Vincent, Posey, Adams as starters next year?

Can you realistically think Teague is gooing to be our starting center?  If we get pummeled on Sunday night, is it not right to start seeing some of the younger guys and getting them some experience. Lets see Preston and Peters and get them game time experience

486885[/snapback]

Can I see all 4 of those players starting next year? Actually, yes. But I'd bet at least 2 of them start next year.

As for Teague...I'm not as big a Teague basher as many here...but, I don't think he'll be the starting center next year.

If I'm the coach, I want my star players saying "I want to be mediocre!  I strive to play just well enough to keep my starting job and no more!"  All this talk about wanting to be the best and having some amount of confidence in yourself is for losers.  <_<

486978[/snapback]

Wanting to be the best, and working towards that goal, is way different than thumping your chest and claiming you ARE the greatest - or want to be paid as the best.