runningit up?

youngunz

Dude, all im saying is these are pro football players not  middle school basketballers . I will guarantee not one of those guys would cry about the Raiders playing hard to the end of the game.

And if they are embarrased, I say good, they should be at their lack of effort in that fourth qtr.

485311[/snapback]

I agree with you there. Players laugh and hug and joke after the game. Sometimes you forget as a fan that this is there job. A highly paid job at that.

But I still believe it is in poor taste to score with 18 seconds left when the game is in hand.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, all im saying is these are pro football players not  middle school basketballers .

485311[/snapback]

No, of course not. But sports players as well as the general public realize a slight.

Oakland coaching was wrong to do what they did. All it accomplished was future animosity.

The refusal to kick a man when he is down is well-held by most folks for good reason, be they in sports or not...

jordan scored the td.........i think it was a in direct response to mcgahee saying he was the best back after they had played and got torn up by LT the week before.......so they took it personal

nope... crockett scored that last td. I thought the raiders would run out the clock, but didn't. I'm glad it happened the way it did because the bills defense had one last chance to salvage what little dignity they had left after spending most of the afternoon on their asses and getting a thorough whipping. They laid a huge egg on that last play. I'd have thought they'd have felt humiliated, but they didn't even show they cared on that last one.

if they think they got whipped good against the raiders, it's gonna be even worse when brady carves them up like a thanksgiving turkey this week.

Crockett scored the last TD.  Jordan already had 3.

Zack Crockett, 2 Yd run (Sebastian Janikowski kick is good), 0:14. Drive: 15 plays, 69 yards in 7:27.

That was a 1-4 team making a statement and proving something to themselves.  I have no problem with it.  They needed it for themselves.

485321[/snapback]

And let's look at that last Raider posession:

Oakland Raiders at 07:41

1-10-OAK31 (7:41) L.Jordan left tackle to OAK 30 for -1 yards (A.Crowell).

2-11-OAK30 (7:01) K.Collins pass to J.Foschi to OAK 36 for 6 yards (L.Fletcher).

3-5-OAK36 (6:18) L.Jordan up the middle to OAK 47 for 11 yards (A.Schobel).

PENALTY on OAK-A.Treu, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at OAK 37.

3-14-OAK27 (5:51) L.Jordan right guard to OAK 44 for 17 yards (C.Wire).

1-10-OAK44 (5:06) L.Jordan up the middle to OAK 46 for 2 yards (J.Posey, L.Fletcher).

2-8-OAK46 (4:22) L.Jordan right guard to BUF 48 for 6 yards (A.Crowell).

3-2-BUF48 (3:35) L.Jordan up the middle to BUF 42 for 6 yards (J.Greer).

1-10-BUF42 (2:52) L.Jordan up the middle to BUF 40 for 2 yards (A.Schobel).

2-8-BUF40 (2:46) Z.Crockett right tackle to BUF 31 for 9 yards (J.Greer).

1-10-BUF31 (2:02) L.Jordan up the middle to BUF 24 for 7 yards (T.Vincent).

2-3-BUF24 (1:58) Z.Crockett right tackle to BUF 23 for 1 yard (T.Anderson, J.Greer).

3-2-BUF23 (1:47) Z.Crockett left end to BUF 11 for 12 yards (T.Vincent).

1-10-BUF11 (1:10) Z.Crockett up the middle to BUF 8 for 3 yards (C.Kelsay).

2-7-BUF8 (1:01) Z.Crockett right end to BUF 2 for 6 yards (A.Crowell).

3-1-BUF2 (:18) Z.Crockett right guard for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

S.Janikowski extra point is GOOD, Center-A.Treu, Holder-S.Lechler.

BUF 17 OAK 38, Plays: 15 Yards: 69 Possession: 7:27.

15 plays - 14 rushes. Bills rush d sucks

I have no problem with it at all. Maybe if it was in Buffalo, that would be a different story. I say the Raider fans that bothered to show up deserved something to keep them excited all the way to the end.

If the Bills (and Bills fans) want something to whine about, they should start with the fact that their team only shows up for the first quarter each week.

Personally I was surprised by it.......thought it was somewhat classless but what else would you expect from the Raiders?

485319[/snapback]

I have to agree. There were a few times last year when we were winning all those games in a row that we took a knee in the end. Even when we were close to the goalline. It did not bother me that the Raiders did it, but I did think it was somewhat classless to do. Most teams (I think), would have taken a knee in that situation. Of course "class" and Raider Football does not always belong in the same sentence. Kinda reminded me of something Spuirer (spelling) would have done, and we all know how he was treated in the NFL after running up the score in college and NFL preseason.

On the other hand, perhaps the Raiders thought that they would not be scoring many more points this year, so why not!!

is it just me or is anyone else surprised the raiders didnt take a knee and end the game. Instead they continue to run the ball and score a meaningless td with 18 seconds left to go up 21? What gives? Where the raiders trying to prove something or does the raider coach dislike mm? Thought it was strange- most teams will just call off the dogs with so little time left.

485240[/snapback]

This is the NFL not the pee wee league. At the end of the year points scored can be a tie breaker. I would never take a knee when you are in position to put points on the board. Our defense knowing they were coming still couldn't get pissed off enough to stop them. Maybe next week.

This is the NFL not the pee wee league. At the end of the year points scored can be a tie breaker. I would never take a knee when you are in position to put points on the board. Our defense knowing they were coming still couldn't get pissed off enough to stop them

I agree. The game is 60 minutes long. Not 59 minutes. I prefer when they play hard all the way to the end - hate the kneel downs - reminds me of intentional walks in baseball. I know it's a strategy thingie - I just don't like it.

I agree. The game is 60 minutes long. Not 59 minutes.  I prefer when they play hard all the way to the end - hate the kneel downs - reminds me of intentional walks in baseball.  I know it's a strategy thingie - I just don't like it.

485418[/snapback]

I'm sure if one of the Raiders actually got hurt on that last meaningless play, their coach would be taking BIG TIME HEAT for running it!!

At the end of the year points scored can be a tie breaker.

As far as I know, in the entire history of the NFL, the tiebreaker has NEVER come down to points scored. EVER. Granted, not quite as classless as the Patriots getting a 2-point conversion after the "just give it to 'em" game, but classless nonetheless.

Yes, we couldn't stop anyone, but you still take a knee in that situation.

CW

The real reason why they ran it up:

Norv Turner knows his job might be in jeopardy if his team continues to stink. He knows a 38-17 win looks better on paper than a 31-17 win. When his review comes up he can point and say "Look we crushed the Bills". I'm pretty sure he has kicked a field goal once this year in the last minute when his team was losing by like 14 points. He'd rather take the safe way and make it look good on paper than go for the gusto and fail miserably.

I'm glad MM has said he would have knelt down. It lets me know he has character as a coach.

Like someone already said. If the Bills didn't want him to score a TD, tackle him so he doesn't ! They had that option !

485624[/snapback]

Give me one reason why anyone on the Bills should care if they scored. A loss is a loss, and with a minute left it was a loss. I wouldn't want to throw my body in there and risk injury. No freekin way.

Anybody here complain when the score was 51-3?

Nope?

Then shaddup.

485772[/snapback]

I'm hoping you can see the difference... The Bills scored 41 of those 51 points in the FIRST HALF. They didn't score a TD with 20 seconds left in the game. In fact, we probably could've put up close to 100 points that game, if we had wanted to. ;)

That's not the same as scoring with a 14 point lead and 10-20 seconds left in the game.

CW

As far as I know, in the entire history of the NFL, the tiebreaker has NEVER come down to points scored.  EVER.  Granted, not quite as classless as the Patriots getting a 2-point conversion after the "just give it to 'em" game, but classless nonetheless.

Yes, we couldn't stop anyone, but you still take a knee in that situation.

CW

485448[/snapback]

Fez, I may be wrong, and I will look it up, but I think in the "just give it to em " year, the points did become involved. I will update this post if I can find the info.

Okay, here it is. Now the two pointer didn't factor in here, but sure could have.

The Dolphins earned the right to host the first-round playoff game thanks to a 6-point edge in net points in divisional games, the NFL's 5th tie-breaker.

This was agaisn't the Bills remember, and it was in Miami instead of Buffalo because of the point differential

Fez, I may be wrong, and I will look it up, but I think in the "just give it to em " year, the points did become involved. I will update this post if I can find the info.

Okay, here it is. Now the two pointer didn't factor in here, but sure could have.

The Dolphins earned the right to host the first-round playoff game thanks to a 6-point edge in net points in divisional games, the NFL's 5th tie-breaker.

This was agaisn't the Bills remember, and it was in Miami instead of Buffalo because of the point differential

485813[/snapback]

Except that's net points in divisional games, not net points in conference games.

CW