Just how far away we are

bradjames24

A LT, LG, Center, DT or two, backup linebackers, and a SS, along with an entire coaching staff.

484710[/snapback]

Well said...a coaching staff that will believe that a game is won/lost in

the trenches....a game that has TEs to whom ball can be thrown....a

game where you have to be disciplined and play the ball not rushing

the passer all the time....a game where coach does not make decisions

based on veteran players whining.....

Not sure if it's been mentioned on the board, but just how far away are we from being with the best in the AFC?

The Steelers win in Cincy yesterday was their 10 straight ROAD WIN.

That's impressive.

484698[/snapback]

3 years. Although, I have been saying that for 6 years now.

This just in, Brady is a little more than effective.

484749[/snapback]

Brady started as an effective QB....The Pats game plan for him was to

make some plays and not lose the game...They had the Defense and ST

to take care most of the game...

This year is different though...The Pats D and STs have taken a beating

and Brady has taken it on himself to win games for them...as seen from

the # of 300+ yard games he has had this season....This year he has

shown that he is a real super QB.

I don't believe you need a great QB to win.  I was very specific about our needs.

484741[/snapback]

Well I'm saying "effective" as a step down from Elite...A guy who can just run the Offense is OK IF the rest of your Roster is awesome, or you are exceptionally strong on the Defensive Side...But even that usually will get you no further than one or two and out in the Playoffs...

But I think as is right now, the Bills are not good enough at QB...But I'm willing to continue to wait-and-see with JP...

And I was half-kiding anyway...trying to point out that is a lot of Need areas...

Did not mean to start a QB conversation...

If JP develops at the rate Eli and Carson Palmer did then not too far off. An OL or two and another good DL. Our skill players are very good with the exception of a QB at this point. Our lines are the problem. But another problem is that once you fix one thing then it's another. Watch our secondary suck next year as they are a year older and we lose Clements as our DL improves. We're always a step to slow. A good offense last year takes us to the playoffs. Ahhh, I'm just so frustrated.

If JP develops at the rate Eli and Carson Palmer did then not too far off.  An OL or two and another good DL.  Our skill players are very good with the exception of a QB at this point.  Our lines are the problem.  But another problem is that once you fix one thing then it's another.  Watch our secondary suck next year as they are a year older and we lose Clements as our DL improves.  We're always a step to slow.  A good offense last year takes us to the playoffs.  Ahhh, I'm just so frustrated.

484791[/snapback]

Well just a note on Clements....With the lack of overall Talent on this Team, how the Bills can let Clements get away is completely beyond my abilities to comprehend...

But I agree, especially with this regime, if it's not one thing it's another...And absolutely no question the Bills need to get better on both Lines 1st and formost...

Well just a note on Clements....With the lack of overall Talent on this Team, how the Bills can let Clements get away is completely beyond my abilities to comprehend...

484796[/snapback]

Clements got rembarassed by a crippled Randy Moss and some nobody second stringer yesterday. Today is not the day to tell us why the Bills need to give Nate 9 million dollars a year plus signing bonus.

The defense hasn't been good, despite all the brovado, for two years. A complete retooling is needed there especially on the line. Clements? No way can the Bills afford to pay him top dollar nor has he proven he is worth it. There are two many holes on this team to tie up 9 million in one player. Need to find a DE, MLB (Fletcher has been too small for several years and can't stuff the run), OLB (Spikes probably won't return to form anytime soon). The safetys are old we need a younger one there as well.

One offense fix the line and you fix the offense. Teague is too small to deal with the DTs and Gandy and Williams are too big to deal with speed rushers.

Looks JP has plenty of time to learn the ropes as the rest of the team needs to be completely retooled before there is any chance of going far into the playoffs. I would just settle for beating the have-nots like Oakland though.

Clements got rembarassed by a crippled Randy Moss and some nobody second stringer yesterday. Today is not the day to tell us why the Bills need to give Nate 9 million dollars a year plus signing bonus.

484799[/snapback]

Um...who said anything about 9 million per year???

Is today the day to tell you your not the only Bills fan who is pissed off?

My point was simply that this team is lacking Overall talent SO greatly... where is all the money?...No I would not overpay for Clements...But name me 1 guy on this Roster currently, outside of Willis and McGee, who is better at their Position than Nate? And seeing as though no figures have been agreed upon yet it's pretty much needless speculation right now. The last thing in the world this team needs is to lose one of the maybe 5-6 guys they have with impact-like Talent...And He was beat by a less-than-100% Randy Moss for a TD??? Well add him to the list. Cause there is not one single NFL CB who does not give up a TD Pass every now and again. And when the WR is freaking Randy Moss, injured or not, expecting Nate to be perfect is just unrealistic...

And I'm wondering who "Us" is considering I've been a Bills fan for almost 40 years now and on this Board since day #1?