Here's a little JP love from CNNSI

duey

Don't you people understand?  All rookies are supposed to have seasons like Roethlesberger (still have no clue how to spell that) immediately. :ph34r:

481097[/snapback]

JP is not a rookie, first off. Secondly, go compare some folks who sat for most of their rookie years and then started their second years. Favre is a good example. While he was great, he posted solid numbers his second year, which was his first year starting.

Holy crap.  No wonder they thought he was an idiot!

481089[/snapback]

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a feature on Bradshaw. He defines the word, "hyperactive"!

Pretty good piece. His Dad was a taskmaster. Bradshaw lived and breathed football. They talked about his marriage to Olympic skater Jo Jo Starbuck. The Pgh fans gave him a hard time, and Noll kept him in his doghouse - which worked out.

Arguably, PGH's SB teams were the best ever - they had it all - OL, RBs, QB, WR's, DL, LB's, DB's, reletavily few major injuries. OK- maybe not TE, but Benny Cunningham had some good years.

I hated 'em. :ph34r:

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a feature on Bradshaw. He defines the word, "hyperactive"!

Pretty good piece. His Dad was a taskmaster. Bradshaw lived and breathed football. They talked about his marriage to Olympic skater Jo Jo Starbuck.  The Pgh fans gave him a hard time, and Noll kept him in his doghouse - which worked out.

Arguably, PGH's SB teams were the best ever - they had it all - OL, RBs, QB, WR's, DL, LB's, DB's, reletavily few major injuries.  OK- maybe not TE, but Benny Cunningham had some good years.

I hated 'em. :ph34r:

481110[/snapback]

Randy Grossman was no slouch at TE either. :ph34r:

JP is not a rookie, first off.  Secondly, go compare some folks who sat for most of their rookie years and then started their second years.  Favre is a good example.  While he was great, he posted solid numbers his second year, which was his first year starting.

481102[/snapback]

It was more of a general statement about all young QB's, not just JP. Because of the Pittsburgh situation, all rookies are going to get ripped apart if they don't win immediately. Replace the word "rookie" with "young" and my point still stands.

As for your Favre comparison, did he miss a lot of reps due to a broken leg? Just because one player who became a star after sitting out his first season and then put up decent numbers in his second season doesn't mean that the same applies to every single QB out there. There are different factors in play from team to team, player to player.

It's true that even discounting phenoms like Ben Roethlisberger, other teams have gotten better performances out of young QBs like JP (Matt Schaub in relief, Kyle Orton and others, but I agree that it's way to early to label JP a bust.

I think Houston would be better off investing in some quality offensive linemen. Joe Pendry is not exactly the best OC in the world either.