SO....I caught a little bit of Newt on Fox

Newt kept saying he isn't a candidate but just going around the country talking about the issues.

Anyone think he will throw his hat into the 2008 ring? O'Reilly seemed to think it is inevitable.

And will he be a viable candiate against Repubs like Giuliani and McCain (and God forbid) Pataki?

McCain and Giuliani are Social Liberal Repubs....Newt is a little more to the right on the Social Issues. Will he be more attractive to the Conservative right?

I think Newt v. Hillary would be a colossal circus.

Newt kept saying he isn't a candidate but just going around the country talking about the issues.

Anyone think he will throw his hat into the 2008 ring?  O'Reilly seemed to think it is inevitable. 

And will he be a viable candiate against Repubs like Giuliani and McCain (and God forbid) Pataki?

McCain and Giuliani are Social Liberal Repubs....Newt is a little more to the right on the Social Issues.  Will he be more attractive to the Conservative right?

479605[/snapback]

Yeah they could dust off that interview Newt's mom did with Connie Chung where she confided that Newtie called Hillary a B word. That was priceless. Even thought it was just on TV all that cigarette smoke was gagging me.... :(

Anyone think he will throw his hat into the 2008 ring?  O'Reilly seemed to think it is inevitable. 

McCain and Giuliani are Social Liberal Repubs....Newt is a little more to the right on the Social Issues.  Will he be more attractive to the Conservative right?

479605[/snapback]

I see him tossing his hat in. Whether he is a viable candidate is another issue. Against the three people you mentioned, he would stand a chance of getting the nomination. McCain will not get the nomination. Pataki will not, either. It would be Rudy against Newt and I think that Newt would get it.

Newt vs. Hillary. Ughhhh. Let's hope that better candidates surface.

I see him tossing his hat in. Whether he is a viable candidate is another issue. Against the three people you mentioned, he would stand a chance of getting the nomination. McCain will not get the nomination. Pataki will not, either. It would be Rudy against Newt and I think that Newt would get it.

Newt vs. Hillary.  Ughhhh. Let's hope that better candidates surface.

479624[/snapback]

KRC

what do you think are Newt's weaknesses?

KRC

what do you think are Newt's weaknesses?

479646[/snapback]

Banking scandal, adultery, there were some allegations about inappropriate book deals, allegations about inappropriate use of taxpayer funds for his PAC. He is a staunch conservative, which can get him the nomination. He is more conservative then the others you mentioned, which is the only saving grace for him.

Thanks Dummycrats and Republicans for literally giving us nothing to choose from.

479637[/snapback]

I believe I have voted in that election several times already. :(

I respect McCain and would back him in a second, Pataki can get lost, and Newt=Hillary.

If NG/HC were the final choices, while the temptation is always there to go Green Party, I'd might have to choke back the vomit and take Hillary. Wild Bill as the first lady is an opportunity I would have a hard time passing up.

I believe I have voted in that election several times already.  :(

I respect McCain and would back him in a second, Pataki can get lost, and Newt=Hillary.

If NG/HC were the final choices, while the temptation is always there to go Green Party, I'd might have to choke back the vomit and take Hillary.  Wild Bill as the first lady is an opportunity I would have a hard time passing up.

479703[/snapback]

Newt will never see the nomination.

Which brings them down to the level of Democrats. This game is fun.  :(  :blush:  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :lol:

479916[/snapback]

You're right, there are plenty of slimeballs on both sides of the aisle. I just thought that it was funny talking about who would be a good presidential candidate and that even the most likely ones have tons of baggage.