10-1 versus 2-5

e-dog

The Bills record when Willis gets 20 carries or more a game the last two seasons.

10 wins, 1 loss.

2 wins, 5 losses when he is under 20 carries.

I threw out the first four weeks of 2004 since he hardly played, and the Bills lost them all anyway.

Coincidence ?

The Bills record when Willis gets 20 carries or more a game the last two seasons.

10 wins, 1 loss.

2 wins, 5 losses when he is under 20 carries.

I threw out the first four weeks of 2004 since he hardly played, and the Bills lost them all anyway.

Coincidence ?

479179[/snapback]

I think that stat is true for all NFL teams....They keep putting those stats all

the time on TV>.....A team that runs the ball effectively controls the game

and its tempo and finally has the W to show for it....I think our losses are

in single digit with TT running the ball for more than 100 yards (or > 20 carries)

I think that stat is true for all NFL teams....They keep putting those stats all

the time on TV>.....A team that runs the ball effectively controls the game

and its tempo and finally has the W to show for it....I think our losses are

in single digit with TT running  the ball for more than 100 yards (or > 20 carries)

479197[/snapback]

The funny thing about stats like that is what I refer to as "The Chicken or the Egg Principle."

Do 30 runs a game allow a team to win, or does winning allow a team to run 30 times a game?

Don't forget that if a team is winning the game, chances are they are going to play it safe and run the ball anyways to eat up the clock, rather than air it out and risk an interception. Whereas the opposite is true if the team is behind.

The point is if your game plan is to run the ball then don't panic and stick to it. Since Willis is their best player and not either of the qb's, and the o-line is built for and better at run blocking, you need to run the ball and control the clock.

Sometimes these coaches try to get to cute and overcoach. I also would like to see more screens w/ Willis. 30 touches and I'll take my chances.