Finally!! I've joined the growing ranks of

Just got everything hooked up yesterday in three rooms including two 80GB Tivo receivers...this coming after years of trying but having too many trees around two houses...I finally got another site evaluation done after losing a bunch of trees to a Dec. '02 ice storm....

Now I don't have to track the game via NFL.com...

I'm getting alittle wispy eyed now... :D

Just got everything hooked up yesterday in three rooms including two 80GB Tivo receivers...this coming after years of trying but having too many trees around two houses...I finally got another site evaluation done after losing a bunch of trees to a Dec. '02 ice storm....

34888[/snapback]

I'm thinking of it myself. Who did you go with and about how much is your monthly bill going to be?

PM me if you'd rather.

I'll tell ya what...

People can claim that directv goes out when there is a storm, etc, etc,... but, after Hurricane Frances, every tree in my backyard was down, shingles off, etc. And yes, my dish is slightly bent. As soon as the power came back on though, i had to test it. perfect picture.

Dont know how or why (the dish should have taken off like a kite), but Im glad thats one less thing i had to deal with!

I'll tell ya what...

People can claim that directv goes out when there is a storm, etc, etc,... but, after Hurricane Frances, every tree in my backyard was down, shingles off, etc. And yes, my dish is slightly bent. As soon as the power came back on though, i had to test it. perfect picture.

Dont know how or why (the dish should have taken off like a kite), but Im glad thats one less thing i had to deal with!

34897[/snapback]

You sould get pictures and send a testimonial to DirectTV. Next thing you know you will be on one of their commercials.

"Hi, I'm stevestojan and here's why you need DTV..."

You will become famous. Women will quiver in your presence, children will ask for autographs, men will bow to you. Did I mention women will quiver? :D

You sould get pictures and send a testimonial to DirectTV.  Next thing you know you will be on one of their commercials.

"Hi, I'm stevestojan and here's why you need DTV..."

You will become famous.  Women will quiver in your presence, children will ask for autographs, men will bow to you.  Did I mention women will quiver? :D

34902[/snapback]

ya know, in all seriousness, i should send them a picture of my dish. Looking at it you would say there is no way it should work. And i have about 97% signal strenth... very odd. I think God knew that after going a week without electricty, that taking away my TV for longer than that would just not be right.

ya know, in all seriousness, i should send them a picture of my dish. Looking at it you would say there is no way it should work. And i have about 97% signal strenth... very odd. I think God knew that after going a week without electricty, that taking away my TV for longer than that would just not be right.

34908[/snapback]

Do it. It's a natural for them. At the very least some celebrity may read your letter.

Do it.  It's a natural for them.  At the very least some celebrity may read your letter.

34946[/snapback]

Not that I'd ever willingly agree with stevestojan, but have to here. I've found DTV to be more reliable than cable. Very rarely does it go out for any more than 5 or ten minutes in the worst of storms. And with a good install, those dishes are rock solid. The roof will go before the dish does. And it is also cheaper.

Did your neighbors with cable have similar experiences when their power went back on?

I can just see it...

Dear DIRECTV,

Once the power was restored after hurricane Frances, my DIRECTV was there, while my neighbors were waiting for their cable service to be restored. Thank you DIRECTV!

-S. Hitty

Hurricane Alley, Fl

34888[/snapback]

Congrats!

Now check out:

http://www.tivocommunity.com

Look at the DirecTV/TiVo forum and the "Underground" and "Upgrade" forums. Learn how to add a new harddrive to your box so you can record over 150 hours of programming. It sounds like overkill now, but trust me, you'll appreciate it later. :D

Oh, and another cool tip -- go to the "Now Playing" list and press:

Slow

Record

Thumbs-Up

("sort")

This will let you sort based on date or by title (instead of just date). Helpful when you have a lot of things recorded :lol:

CW

Congrats!

Now check out:

http://www.tivocommunity.com

Look at the DirecTV/TiVo forum and the "Underground" and "Upgrade" forums.  Learn how to add a new harddrive to your box so you can record over 150 hours of programming.  It sounds like overkill now, but trust me, you'll appreciate it later. :D

Oh, and another cool tip -- go to the "Now Playing" list and press:

Slow

Record

Thumbs-Up

("sort")

This will let you sort based on date or by title (instead of just date).  Helpful when you have a lot of things recorded :D

CW

34996[/snapback]

Thanks for the info...I had a much smaller Tivo before so looking forward to the 70 hr capability...I'll take a look at the 150...

Go Bills!

I'm thinking of it myself.  Who did you go with and about how much is your monthly bill going to be? 

PM me if you'd rather.

34896[/snapback]

I just sent you a PM on the install...monthly bill will be around $105 with top tier package for three rooms, but it is free for the next 4 mos. with purchase of NFL ticket...if I scale back on the package and make it equivalent to what we had with Time Warner (i.e. less movie channels) it will come out to roughly $10/month cheaper (but with added sports channels) or around $80 and that does include 2 Tivo's connected to the system...

go to link below to calculate your cost...

http://www.rapidsatellite.com/calculator.aspx

Thanks

or around $80 and that does include 2 Tivo's connected to the system...

Thanks

35095[/snapback]

Since this is often confused, I wanted to point out that you pay $5 for the TiVo service REGARDLESS of how many TiVos you have in the house. If one of your receivers is a TiVo, you pay $5. If all three of your receivers are TiVos, you pay $5. :blush:

Also, with their top package, the TiVo fee is waived. I don't spend $100/month for TV, but I know some do. :o

CW

Funny. I was just gonna post a question to the group. I need help.

I'm sick to death of paying Time Warner Cable. THey just sent me a letter informing me that I have been enjoying a 'promotional rate' for the past 12 monts, and that promotion is ending. But wait! I'm lucky, because they're going to extend the promotion for me for another 12 months. And the increase for this promotion is only 14.95 more per month than I've been paying.

I called them and said, basically, WTF?!

they replied, basically, 'What do you mean, WTF? You should feel lucky.'

I want to say FUGGEM.

I have two cable boxes, and one is a DVR. I have one sports package, which sucks, and the HBO package.

They charge me about 80 bucks a month for that.

How much is it to get direct TV with Tivo, with a comparable package?

THX in adv

I'm sick to death of paying Time Warner Cable. THey just sent me a letter informing me that I have been enjoying a 'promotional rate' for the past 12 monts, and that promotion is ending. But wait! I'm lucky, because they're going to extend the promotion for me for another 12 months. And the increase for this promotion is only 14.95 more per month than I've been paying.

I want to say FUGGEM.

I have two cable boxes, and one is a DVR. I have one sports package, which sucks, and the HBO package.

THX in adv

35116[/snapback]

Did you go to the link that RaleighBillsFan posted?

If you get Total Choice with Locals, HBO, and the Sports Pack (giving you ALL regional sports channels), along with TiVos in both rooms, it'd be $73/month. Save $7/month, and get more sports. :blush:

And, if you get NFL Sunday ticket this year, you'll get ALL of their channels for free for 4 months... Just don't forget to call and switch the packaging after the 4 months if you decide to "downgrade." Their "everything" package is $100/month (includes all Showtime, Cinemax, HBO, sports, etc).

CW

I want to say FUGGEM.

THX in adv

35116[/snapback]

Yo Nodnarb. You mean all this time, you've been able to get DirecTV (and the NFL Ticket), and you haven't done it?

C'mon Nod, join us. You'll never go back, and it's no more expensive than cable!!!!

Trust Fezmid - he's a good dude!

I want to say FUGGEM.

THX in adv

35116[/snapback]

:blush:

LOL, back in the day, that's how much they charged me per month but I had 85% of all the movie channels and the Ticket.

Dude, fuggem, indeed!