Sam Adams

Mikie2times

Don't get me wrong, I love when Sam try’s to guess the cadence and blow plays up. But if he misses on that swim/rip move he uses it throws him way off balance, and usually takes him out of the play.

Right now our defensive line is not keeping the offensive line of our linebackers, and we continue to let runners untouched into the secondary. If I recall Sam needed a talking to before about staying within the system, and with Pat gone I feel like he might be struggling in his new role. His free lancing playmaking style complimented PW's ability to keep blockers off our LB's, but now we need Sam to be our PW and I'm not sure if he wants to play that role.

Of course this is all speculation, but I just noticed he took himself out of a ton of plays on Sunday, and really left some huge lanes.

Don't get me wrong, I love when Sam try’s to guess the cadence and blow plays up. But if he misses on that swim/rip move he uses it throws him way off balance, and usually takes him out of the play.

Right now our defensive line is not keeping the offensive line of our linebackers, and we continue to let runners untouched into the secondary. If I recall Sam needed a talking to before about staying within the system, and with Pat gone I feel like he might be struggling in his new role.  His free lancing playmaking style complimented  PW's ability to keep blockers off our LB's, but now we need Sam to be our PW and I'm not sure if he wants to play that role.

Of course this is all speculation, but I just noticed he took himself out of a ton of plays on Sunday, and really left some huge lanes.

478901[/snapback]

Was it that swim/rip move that ripped Kevin Mawae's arm out of its socket and put him out for the year?

Oh, never mind. I did my own research.

Seems he just fell on him. :D

I think Sam had a decent game, though I'm with Thirdborn on the pants thing. Maybe we could get him a sumo diaper thingy.

The other three guys aren't doing anything against the run, either. At least I know Adams can play. The other three aren't going to strike fear into too many offenses.

For all the whining about the OL, I'm beginning to believe that DE and DT are our biggest needs going into this offseason. Its not just a luxury; we really need an elite pass rusher and another quality run stuffer up front.

Brandon - I have to take a bit of exception here with your comment that the other 3 DL are not doing anything against the run. Granted, while I don't think Tim Anderson isn't striking any fear into offenses - I thought that he played a pretty solid game. In fact, he did have a key sack Sunday.

didn't denny have like 2 sacks last game?? shobel has always been consistant. Sam adams had a sack on a running play... that's hard to do if your name is bruce smith, let alone a fat hole plugger. I think sam adams showed up on sunday. I'll let the #4 all time rusher gain 150 on us all day long, just so we always score 10 more points that him.

Sam, keep doing what you always do, except for the pants thing... get a belt... its not your fault that martin gained all those yards... it was the crappy run persuit of the LBs that caused that.

didn't denny have like 2 sacks last game??  shobel has always been consistant.  Sam adams had a sack on a running play...  that's hard to do if your name is bruce smith, let alone a fat hole plugger.  I think sam adams showed up on sunday.  I'll let the #4 all time rusher gain 150 on us all day long, just so we always score 10 more points that him. 

Sam, keep doing what you always do, except for the pants thing...  get a belt...  its not your fault that martin gained all those yards...  it was the crappy run persuit of the LBs that caused that.

478963[/snapback]

One also wonders where the safeties were on those gouging runs.

One also wonders where the safeties were on those gouging runs.

478966[/snapback]

they were in the backfield of course... I hate how the announcers always refer to them as the best D-secondary in the league. Listen, they're the best ballhawking secondary in the league... When they can stop the run, then they'll be the best.

they were in the backfield of course...  I hate how the announcers always refer to them as the best D-secondary in the league.  Listen, they're the best ballhawking secondary in the league...  When they can stop the run, then they'll be the best.

478971[/snapback]

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

Brandon - I have to take a bit of exception here with your comment that the other 3 DL are not doing anything against the run.  Granted, while I don't think Tim Anderson isn't striking any fear into offenses - I thought that he played a pretty solid game.  In fact, he did have a key sack Sunday.

478952[/snapback]

They've allowed about 1,000 yards rushing in 6 games so far and about 5 yards per rush. Clearly, someone isn't getting the job done.

In past years, we had two excellent DTs to occupy blockers, take up space, and pick up the slack for a pair of average DEs. Now that we only really have one DL that a defense has to worry about, they can gameplan their running game around and away from him, and the numbers above have been the result. The Bills have far too many overachievers on their DL. Its fine when you have one of them, but you can have too many. 3/4 of your starting DL is too many, and the lack of true talent is taking a toll.