Which is the MOST true?

Which of these statements is the MOST true regardless of how many or how of them you agree with  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these statements is the MOST true regardless of how many or how of them you agree with

• We must keep Nate Clements at all costs because there is not a chance in hell that Terrence McGee will ever be the player that Nate is.
    • Remarkably, and out of nowhere, Terrence McGee in his first three plus seasons is a better player than Nate Clements in his first 3.25 seasons, counting plays made, bonehead plays made, big plays, turnovers, tackling, total defensive play, and returning the ball. (Remember, this says in their first 3.25 seasons and not overall)
    • I first thought we had better tie up Nate Clements because he is a shutdown corner and one of the best in the league, but lately Terrence McGee is becoming close to Nate as a total DB, cover man and a tackler, doesn't make the mistakes and is simply the best return man in the league. Nate may be bigger but Mcgee is almost as good right now.
    • I never thought I'd say it but frankly, counting his playmaking AND return abilities, Terrence Mcgee is slightly a better overall player than Nate Clements is right now, and he is the one we need to lock up, as it will probably be cheaper.

Thanks. I noticed that you said "at least a first."  Is there a scenario in which we could tend him an offer which would require compensation of MORE than a first?

480637[/snapback]

Yep, just a few years ago the Dolphins gave Adewale Ogunleye a tender that would have allowed them to receive a 1st AND a 3rd if he signed elsewhere. Of course no team did and they were forced to trade him for Marty Booker and a 3rd Round pick (LB Channing Crowder).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic