Mrs. King must be jealous

zonabb

has his tongue so firmly up the Patriots collective arse it's disgusting. This guy comes out with his rankings this morning and the Pats are 5th. Yeah, 3-3 and their 5th *has 3-3 San Diego 2nd). But the funniest thing is later in his lenghty useless ranting that I'll never read again (he was the last guy I thought was worth reading and now he's shot) he contradicts himself in his think he didn't like when he says the Pats need more than Bruschi since thye gave up 237 rushing yards yesterday.

You want some syrups with those waffles?

The bottomline is, as a former reporter you can trust me, these guys don't bring anything to the table we can't figure out ourselves. Stop reading and listening. They're worthless.

Here's the guys I hate the most who cover football....

1. Schopp... total Napolean-complex afflicted tool with very little true knowledge of football Xs and Os and a overly worrisome "the Bills are trying to screw us" mentiality. I hate to break it to him, they owe you nothing. You're not covering politics (you'd get you lunch eaten by real journalists, like you probably had done to you in school). If he got his nose out of the Elias Sports Bureau books and thesaurus and actually brought something more than his big mouth, useless stats and linguistics t the table, he might be good. There is potential there. Just too much misdirected anger and resentment to provide any real, meaningful insight.

2. Jerry Sullivan... Mr. Surly wishes he could get into a market that matter, preferably his hometown Boston market. But his lack of people skills (which I had the misfortune of experiencing first hand), utter distain for anyone who disagrees with him (Schopp is of the same school) and complete lack of thorough knowledge of any sport that matters. College backetball doesn't matter here!

3. Sean Salisbury. What can I say. Complete retard.

#5 does seem way too high. I'd put each of his 6-15 ahead of the Pats at this point.

The only reason he'd have them that high is if he's heavily taking into account the Pats' pre-bye schedule and injury woes, which is a somewhat valid stance. But still, #5 is simply too high until the Pats show that they can stop anyone on the field.

Interesting insight from Peter and Payton....

7. I think I could listen to Peyton Manning talk about quarterbacking for a long time. Manning on whether a rookie quarterback should play right away or soak up rookie knowledge and sit: "I say play, play, play, play, play, play. That is what I did. The sooner you play, the sooner you taste the live bullets on the field. You get to see what the blitz is like and you know where your receiver is going to be. You can only learn so much on a chalk board. I wish Eli could have played early. The sooner you play, the sooner you get used to the speed of the game. My rookie year, I got more and more comfortable every single week. That's really what it's all about.''

7. I think I could listen to Peyton Manning talk about quarterbacking for a long time. Manning on whether a rookie quarterback should play right away or soak up rookie knowledge and sit: "I say play, play, play, play, play, play. That is what I did. The sooner you play, the sooner you taste the live bullets on the field. You get to see what the blitz is like and you know where your receiver is going to be. You can only learn so much on a chalk board. I wish Eli could have played early. The sooner you play, the sooner you get used to the speed of the game. My rookie year, I got more and more comfortable every single week. That's really what it's all about.''

478361[/snapback]

Let's dissect that, shall we:

Peyton's insight:

"I say play, play, play, play, play, play. That is what I did. The sooner you play, the sooner you taste the live bullets on the field. You get to see what the blitz is like and you know where your receiver is going to be. You can only learn so much on a chalk board. I wish Eli could have played early. The sooner you play, the sooner you get used to the speed of the game. My rookie year, I got more and more comfortable every single week. That's really what it's all about.''

Peter's insight:

I think I could listen to Peyton Manning talk about quarterbacking for a long time. Manning on whether a rookie quarterback should play right away or soak up rookie knowledge and sit:

Gee, thanks Pete. That was very illuminating. :blink:

My favorite quote from the article:

Warrick Dunn. He slipped and fell on a third-quarter carry at the Alamodome, got up, and bulled for six yards. Overall, I can't name three backs in football better than Dunn, try as I do almost every week.

Hey, Dunn is a good back, but King can't name 3 RBs in the league that are better? Umm, okay.

478361[/snapback]

Everyone knew Peyton was going to be a special player. He'll be a lock for the HOF soon enough. Most rookies at his position don't last 3 years in the NFL.

If a green QB doesn't show improvement in the four weeks he's played, it's going to take him alot longer than 1 year to get it together. Our D is aging very quickly.

If a green QB doesn't show improvement in the four weeks he's played, it's going to take him alot longer than 1 year to get it together.

478621[/snapback]

How exactly did you come up with this? Four weeks is somehow the magical number to determine if a QB will take longer than 1 year to develop?