Broncos Were Cheating Cap During Super Bowl Run

JDG

I won't count on the Pro Football Media to raise the stink about this article it truly deserves:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1883127

In the NCAA, they vacate Championships for things like this...

JDG

34816[/snapback]

It seems to be another example of the golden rule. He who has the most gold wins.

Actually, their are probably issues of intent here. If the NFL could not prove that the Broncos were doing more than trying to maximize their use of the rules pushing as far into the gray area as they could its going to be a tough case to make if it comes down to arguing in court.

Given that the CBA was still being interpreted and under negotiation and thus a moving target everyone was learning about, the Broncos could certainly argue the legal case (if it came to that) that they simply were in error rather than evil.

Part of the question comes down to how many other teams broke similar rules in the same way or did even more outrageous things (more likely with the Cowboys and Jerry Jones) that escaped NFL sanction.

There seems to be more here than is being told, but it seems to be a case where the Broncos got the ultimate prize in exchange for getting a virtual hand slap.

This really p!sses me off. I'm a Falcons fan as well as a Bills fan and it's a bunch of crap. That was the year we made the SB (1998).

I'm not saying they should be awarded the win or anything but good god they should take away Denver's fake ass rings.

The article wasn't very specific. But lets say the Broncos knowing bent the rules for 3 years straight. They're punished by losing a 3rd rounder and a small tax write off to charity? Hell, the NCAA would take away all draft picks for 3 years. Limit them to one player off of wavier per year. And ban them from all post season play for the next 5 years.

i still dont see why they dont TAKE AWAY THE WIN??? they lied on the paperwork to remain under the cap, when they should have been over. they broke the rules and won the superbowl 2 strait years. the wins shoudl be revoked, and superbowl banners removed rom the stadium, and take back the trophy from the glass case (i think its in a case.... ).