Willis Third in Rushing w/ 604

Thailog80

Does it surprise you?  I always thought WM had top 5 ability.

477717[/snapback]

No surprise at all but this is fairly hilarious after his one bad game earlier this season that posters were ranting that WM was so bad and such a negative that MM had called him out and he deserved it.

MM correctly pointed out the flaws in how WM played that particular game and only the thinnest skinned of fans and folks made a judgment that MM had called him out or somehow challenged his manhood.

Its not surprising at all WM had a great game just as it was not surprising at all he had one bad game.

MM and WM both did a good job by simply making normal adjustments that everyone who wants to improve makes in their game and for the most part staying the course. Yesterday was the result.

Any claim that MM called out WM with an insult or challenge to his basic play or singled him out for criticism is a mere fantasy.

Not in the least. I did however think we went away from WM to early yesterday.

477721[/snapback]

Really? I was getting pissed because I thought they were over-doing it the last few minutes...call me crazy, but I still worry about that kids knees...he takes some brutal shots!

Shaun Alexander and LaDanian Tomlinson. Not bad company to be in Willis. :w00t:

477693[/snapback]

That is awesome but does anybody know the amount td's scored by those three. I bet Willis isnt even close. I think we do stupid things down inside the 10 instead of hammering it in. A pefect example was a thread from last week when they threw it to the fb on third and goal. Seatle pounds Alexander every chance they get inside the redzone and thats why he has two and three and sometimes four touchdown games.

Give our line some credit, they are a very good run-blocking group.

478062[/snapback]

And if I'm not mistaken, this was the first time all year that all 5 starters were in there. 143 yards for Willis, another what, 35-40 for Shaud, and they only gave up one sack?

Perhaps the reports of our OL's demise were a bit premature.

That is awesome but does anybody know the amount td's scored by those three. I bet Willis isnt even close. I think we do stupid things down inside the 10 instead of hammering it in. A pefect example was a thread from last week when they threw it to the fb on third and goal. Seatle pounds Alexander every chance they get inside the redzone and thats why he has two and three and sometimes four touchdown games.

478067[/snapback]

1 Shaun Alexander SEA 715 131 5.5 12

2 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 652 133 4.9 10

3 Willis McGahee BUF 604 138 4.4 4

No it's not close however he's 6th in the league in rushing td's which isn't too shabby, and yes I agree we don't use the run game enough down in the redzone. I understand someitmes it's better to try a little dump off pass if you see an oncoming run blitz, but with the size of our oline the majority of the time we should be able to pick up 1-2 yards. Tom Clements gets way too cut on 3rd and short sometimes.

Give our line some credit, they are a very good run-blocking group.

478062[/snapback]

We should also be giving credit to the GENIUS who had the foresight and the BALLS to pull the strings that got Willis here to begin with......TAKE A BOW, TD....YOU DA MAN!!!

Myself, I was happy to see that the braintrust tossed a few passes his way.

They ought to keep it up. Think Craig, Walker, Byers, Centers - recently, Westbrook in PHI and Perry this year in CIN.

A pass-catching RB is a devilment for a defense...

478121[/snapback]

i think you forgot one...what number did that guy wear? was it 34?

:w00t:

1 Shaun Alexander SEA 715 131 5.5 12

2 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 652 133 4.9 10

3 Willis McGahee BUF 604 138 4.4 4

No it's not close however he's 6th in the league in rushing td's which isn't too shabby, and yes I agree we don't use the run game enough down in the redzone.  I understand someitmes it's better to try a little dump off pass if you see an oncoming run blitz, but with the size of our oline the majority of the time we should be able to pick up 1-2 yards. Tom Clements gets way too cut on 3rd and short sometimes.

478101[/snapback]

Willis isn't in the same realm as those two RBs, but everyone here will tell you otherwise! Willis has decent stats, running behind a good run blocking group. He will never be worth the money that these guys make.