Looks like Tedy Bruschi returns

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Branch had a big drop as well.

Are you referring to the drop in the end zone on the drive that ended with the Givens TD catch? If so, yeah, that was a pretty bad drop. Luckily it didn't prevent a score.

And Brady was horrible in the 1st half, badly missing wide open receivers.

Sadly, I wasn't able to see the first half. Given your Brady/Pats bias, though, I'm inclined to assume you're exaggerating.

Are you referring to the drop in the end zone on the drive that ended with the Givens TD catch?  If so, yeah, that was a pretty bad drop.  Luckily it didn't prevent a score.

No, it was a catch on the last drive where he gets crunched. More often than not he still catches those.

Sadly, I wasn't able to see the first half.  Given your Brady/Pats bias, though, I'm inclined to assume you're exaggerating.

Hardly. Brady killed more drives in the 1st half than Givens and Branch (on the 2nd half) combined.

Because he's been medically cleared?

Great reason. I wonder how many case reports there are of professional football players returning to the field a little over 8 months after suffering a stroke, much less after missing the entire off/pre and regular season until midway through? No wonder there are ambulance chasers. :blink:

No, it was a catch on the last drive where he gets crunched.  More often than not he still catches those.

Oh, that. As much as I wish he had hung on to that, I'm more inclined to call that a great defensive play to dislodge the ball than I would be to call it a drop.

Hardly.  Brady killed more drives in the 1st half than Givens and Branch (on the 2nd half) combined.

Again, this is coming from the guy who said there were 15 uncalled defensive holds in the '03-'04 AFCC game. That kind of stuff hurts one's credibility.

Great reason.  I wonder how many case reports there are of professional football players returning to the field a little over 8 months after suffering a stroke, much less after missing the entire off/pre and regular season until midway through?  No wonder there are ambulance chasers. :blink:

So I assume you're expecting Roscoe Parrish to continue to sit out after he's been medically cleared to play? After all, he's getting paid this year no matter what.

So I assume you're expecting Roscoe Parrish to continue to sit out after he's been medically cleared to play?  After all, he's getting paid this year no matter what.

478570[/snapback]

Broken wrist vs. S-T-R-O-K-E!!! Hmmmm. What's worse? :blink:

PTR

A stroke, yes.  A stroke that was the result of a hole in the heart that has since been repaired.

478582[/snapback]

Hollywood...you need to take a break. Talk to our wife and kids now and then. Maybe go outside. You don't have to defend the Pats honor on this board 24/7. Geez...it's bordering on an obsession.

PTR

Again, this is coming from the guy who said there were 15 uncalled defensive holds in the '03-'04 AFCC game.  That kind of stuff hurts one's credibility.

Actually it was 14, and actually it's not my credibility, it's ESPN's. You see, I saw a ton of missed holding calls during that game, but it wasn't until the re-match between the Pats and Colts to open the 2004 season when I heard the announcers say "we went back and looked at the game...and found 14 missed holding calls." I'm sure since the game was on ESPN and you being a diehard Patriots fan that you heard them say that, but didn't listen to what was being said and/or laughed it off, as is your wont. And before you get on the ESPN announcing crew, calling them idiots, by "they" they meant they and their analysts looked at the game. So if you have an issue with that, take it up with them.

So I assume you're expecting Roscoe Parrish to continue to sit out after he's been medically cleared to play?  After all, he's getting paid this year no matter what.

A broken wrist isn't anything like a stroke, a point which you're obviously missing. Yes one of the causes of the stroke was fixed, but not the cause of the clot, and who knows how long the after-effects of a stroke last or can lead to further injury in the face of trauma? Most stroke victims don't go back to playing the most violent game on the face of the earth, much less at a position where you're constantly trying to run into what is the equivalent of a human wall.

DOOMED!!!!!

Personally, I think some of you Bills fans are just saying this because you're AFRAID of Bruschi coming back and re-energizing the Pats. 

Not that you have a chance at winning the division anyways.

479336[/snapback]

I agree with you that the Bills don't have much of a shot at winning the division (though, that’s why they play the games). That being said, a guy that isn't in football shape and who has a heart condition doesn't worry me in the least. If he suits up two weeks from now it will be to the Bills advantage, not disadvantage.

Yeah, I'd feel REAL comfortable with the docs telling me, we just repaired the hole in your heart, you can go play football. His heart will never, ever be ready to take the abuse playing football will cause. His heart is abnormal and will always be that way.

You hear of these athletes dropping dead during practice, or after a game in the locker room. The cause always seems to be heart related. He may be cleared, but I bet no doctor is telling him is advising him to rush out and try out his repaired heart.

He is not very bright if he tries to come back this year.

no doubt that tedy is going to serve as a major line of pre-game coke for that team. The crowd will be louder than they've ever been. The team will be more pumped than they've been all season.

Figures.

But hey, none of us expected us to win at foxboro - oh wait, gillette. We all had an L in that slot already. I mean yea, I hope that Mularkey tells his team that, yes, they are going to be pumped and motivated and mean. Let's go out there and steal their thunder. Meet them in every aspect and take them off the stage...and then see them actually do it. But come on. The Bills have laid an egg in Massachussetts for how many years now?

Which is why I'm happy to hear that the Raiders won't have Moss. We get a little break there if it's true. They're not the same without him and Clements on Porter is a win for us. I think we smoke 'em, and enter the bye 4-4 and right in the hunt.

But then the schedule gets *really* ugly.

Too many teams go into Foxboro with their tails between their legs. I would like to see the Bills lay the smack down a few times, even if it means a flag. (You know they are going to be flagged for little ticky-tacky crap anyway...you might as well give a damn good reason to throw a flag!) That would put the Pats on notice. Win or lose...we aren't impressed with you.

PTR

Yeah, I'd feel REAL comfortable with the docs telling me, we just repaired the hole in your heart, you can go play football.  His heart will never, ever be ready to take the abuse playing football will cause.  His heart is abnormal and will always be that way.

You hear of these athletes dropping dead during practice, or after a game in the locker room.  The cause always seems to be heart related.  He may be cleared, but I bet no doctor is telling him is advising him to rush out and try out his repaired heart.

He is not very bright if he tries to come back this year.

The heart is fine. It was a hole that a quarter of people have, but usually don't know about and which usually doesn't cause a problem. He had the hole closed, so that as a cause of the stroke won't happen, and his heart is fine. It's the fact that he suffered a stroke just 8 months ago, and that he'll be knocking heads with other human beings, that should be worrying people.

I hate the New Englad Patriots. I hate the way they always beat the Bills. I hate how the announcers constantly talk about how great everyone in that organization is, and how brilliant all the organization's moves are.

But when Bruschi suffered his stoke in the first place, I was unhappy. I wanted the Patriots organization to be taken down a notch, but not in that way. Bruschi is exactly the kind of player the Bills need more of. He's a tough competitor who plays with a ton of heart. He took a lowball contract from NE, not only to stay with the organization, but also to give it salary cap room to sign other players. So he's unselfish.

Now it appears that he is completely healthy, and that he will once again have the chance to pursue his lifelong dream. I don't begrudge him that, even though it helps the team I hate the most.

478411[/snapback]

What he said. Except that I still hate Miami more...