So who do you think we owe thanks to for -

Kipers Hair

* Peters playing Tight End - at last, trying something with the giant athlete.

* Actually letting Willis run...

* Throwing to our top two wide-outs... (It's nice not seeing Josh Reed at our top

pass catching WR

It seems the staff is finally just lining up our best and letting them do what they do....

I'm going to go with a healthy OLine. I think that was the first time since Week1 that we've played a game with all 5 guys on the field. I think Gandy is still hurting and I know MWIllimas is still hurting, but having your best 5 on the field makes it a hell of a lot easier for everybody else to do their jobs. And when everybody can just do their jobs, your staff doesn't feel pressured to find thier offensive productivity through creativity. They can just call thier game and let a good group of players execute and impose their will.

I'm going to go with a healthy OLine. I think that was the first time since Week1 that we've played a game with all 5 guys on the field. I think Gandy is still hurting and I know MWIllimas is still hurting, but having your best 5 on the field makes it a hell of a lot easier for everybody else to do their jobs. And when everybody can just do their jobs, your staff doesn't feel pressured to find thier offensive productivity through creativity. They can just call thier game and let a good group of players execute and impose their will.

477449[/snapback]

After the first drive, Kelly had good time to throw and we were getting 2 or 3 yards of push on most of the run plays,

Also--Big Benny can get outside on sweeps and screens...something most thought he couldn't do...

I have to be honest---seeing them live today--I was impressed.

The line played pretty well today. Gandy is not a bad player, and going against Simeon Rice and Jason Taylor and John Abraham, he has held up pretty damn well. KH had a reasonable amount of time to throw. Peters helps a bit but I have no friggin' idea why they put Neufeld in there at all. Big Mike had some nice pushes. The Jets front four is their strength and they were pushed around a bit. Willis had consistent holes to run through.

After the first drive, Kelly had good time to throw and we were getting 2 or 3 yards of push on most of the run plays,

Also--Big Benny can get outside on sweeps and screens...something most thought he couldn't do...

477469[/snapback]

I wasn't live....but those guys were getting their way with a grossly overhyped Jets D Line.

Not the greatest pass protect O line, but those guys are road graders.

477469[/snapback]

I agree Joe, that was pretty impressive. The Jets are sporting a pretty stout front7(7th in the NFL in ypc) and I couldn't believe the way we were knocking them off the ball. Been a while since we've seen a Buffalo front assert itself that definitively. My kids were laughing hysterically when I was cussing and growling at teh TV while the Bills were grinding out a punishing groundgame. :D

Agreed on Bennie too. It's so wierd, we saw him signed heard/read about him and his measurables and we all figured he'd be a dominating in-line blocker who'd be relatively stout at least holding his gorund in pass protection. Then in the first couple preseason games, you finally realize that for some reason he really struggles at times in the short areas but when you ask him to pull his fat ass he often gets out there and buries somebody. :angry: Good lesson in humility for those of us who think we know everything before we even see it( read: me).

Real curious to see how this looks on the Left Coast. Not to mention a little nervous.

Cya

Agreed on Bennie too. It's so wierd, we saw him signed heard/read about him and his measurables and we all figured he'd be a dominating in-line blocker who'd be relatively stout at least holding his gorund in pass protection. Then in the first couple preseason games, you finally realize that for some reason he really struggles at times in the short areas but when you ask him to pull his fat ass he often gets out there and buries somebody.  :D

477483[/snapback]

Both these plays were in the third quarter--but they were memorable...

The screen pass to McGahee in the 3rd quarter. It was just a wonderful play call..it went for 13 and a first down...it could have went for a touchdown. Gandy and Anderson had the outside walled...I think it was Law who squeezed through Gandy's block to the outside and Willis ran right into to his tackle. A cut to the inside and Willis follows Benny for one more block on a d-back and its six.

That same drive had the toss sweep to the left to Shaud Williams that went for 20 to the 7 yard line. Gandy, Benny and I think Peters were the lead on that one..imagine being a d-back and seeing that beef coming at you..

The thing is the Jets aren't slow on D by any means--but we were running wide with our beef and having success.

Overall...

These next two road games will be huge indicators on the contender/pretender scale...but I am at least semi-optmistic...we need to get the run D issues solved--but I saw overpursuit on Martin's two long runs--not anything to do with getting blown off the ball...