O.J. Was Trying To Sit in The Tunnel End Zone

Mark VI

I thought the juice can not profit from this type stuff any longer or can he now do autograph sessions?

477723[/snapback]

Well, if you're convicted of a violent crime, you can't profit from your crime -- all the monies must be handed over to the state. It's called the "Son of Sam Law," and was first passed in NYS when David Berkowitz tried to profit from the sale of his book rights. Most states have a variation of this law.

Now OJ, as we should all know by now, wasn't convicted. He may have to give up his profits in order to satisfy the terms of the civil judgment against him, but that's a different matter.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. thats 2 games in a row for the juice. has he bought a second home in Buffalo? whats the deal?

maybe he'll keep going to games untill the organization recognizes him... :w00t:

477549[/snapback]

I heard he's in Buffalo selling cable at a STEAL. He figured he would take a SLASH at the Buffalo market.

In reality, the fact that he caused such a big distraction and had to be moved from the stands has nothing to do with him being OJ. ANY ex-NFL superstar would cause the same kind of disruption whether it be Kelly, Bruce S, Thurman, etc... If you're famous, you usually don't want to surround yourself with 70,000 people without protection.

Whether you murdered two people or not.  :w00t:

477748[/snapback]

Kelly was at the fish game and sat about 15 rows in front of me. There were some cheers and waves, but no disruption at all.

Well, if you're convicted of a violent crime, you can't profit from your crime -- all the monies must be handed over to the state.  It's called the "Son of Sam Law," and was first passed in NYS when David Berkowitz tried to profit from the sale of his book rights.  Most states have a variation of this law.

Now OJ, as we should all know by now, wasn't convicted.  He may have to give up his profits in order to satisfy the terms of the civil judgment against him, but that's a different matter.

477776[/snapback]

I think Cindy was referring to the Civil suit. I do believe that autograph money does need to go at least in part to pay off the suit, the only thing that's "untouchable" is his pension. I do remember the story from a couple of weeks ago about him selling autos at a horror convention. I guess on the one hand he could stop "working" in order to deny the Brown family from getting any more money or on the other hand he could do even more sessions to get the suit paid off quicker so that he could keep more money.

But, in the end, it's not as much about money as fame. OJ wants to stay in the limelight, as his stunts of the last couple weeks show....

Kelly was at the fish game and sat about 15 rows in front of me.  There were some cheers and waves, but no disruption at all.

477784[/snapback]

Was this in the tunnel end zone with the riff-raff or inbetween the lower bowl 20's with the respectable people? :lol::w00t:

I think Cindy was referring to the Civil suit.  I do believe that autograph money does need to go at least in part to pay off the suit, the only thing that's "untouchable" is his pension.  I do remember the story from a couple of weeks ago about him selling autos at a horror convention.  I guess on the one hand he could stop "working" in order to deny the Brown family from getting any more money or on the other hand he could do even more sessions to get the suit paid off quicker so that he could keep more money.

But, in the end, it's not as much about money as fame.  OJ wants to stay in the limelight, as his stunts of the last couple weeks show....

477794[/snapback]

Last I heard O.J. hasn't paid one dime,,,Florida law protects all income thats why many

people move there....

wow. thats 2 games in a row for the juice. has he bought a second home in Buffalo? whats the deal?

maybe he'll keep going to games untill the organization recognizes him... :w00t:

477549[/snapback]

yep we had quite a crowd lookin at him last weekend vs miami..up in one of the luxury boxes..with the shades on....what balls indeed

Last I heard O.J. hasn't paid one dime,,,Florida law protects all income thats why many

people move there....

478143[/snapback]

Florida's state laws protect certain incomes streams, and they do have fairly strong homestead protections, especially in the enforcement of foreign (out of state) judgments (you learn a lot about this stuff when your customers stiff you).

He doesn't pay anything because it's up to the Judgment Creditors (Nichole's family) to collect and thus far, they haven't. He hasn't voluntarily paid anything because he maintains his innocence.

Even from the auction?

478148[/snapback]

The income he receives from that can be intercepted. A court order can require the promoter to send his money (or at least a percentage of it) to the victims' families. For whatever reason, the families haven't pursued it.

The income he receives from that can be intercepted.  A court order can require the promoter to send his money (or at least a percentage of it) to the victims' families.  For whatever reason, the families haven't pursued it.

478173[/snapback]

Where "for some reason" likely equals "they didn't sue for the money, but the principle." I think the Browns were more interested in finding OJ responsible in some way in the courts than to grab his cash....

Where "for some reason" likely equals "they didn't sue for the money, but the principle."  I think the Browns were more interested in finding OJ responsible in some way in the courts than to grab his cash....

478183[/snapback]

Like I said, "for whatever reason." :blink:

Even from the auction?

478148[/snapback]

Maybe a lawyer could chime in but its my understanding that anything owned or earned while residing in the state of florida is pretty much off limits ,,,very hard to get at...I think the auction was from property seized from the state of cali...The auction ,,,,didn't the lawyers get that??

Rumor is that he is dating some blonde from Lockport NY. He has been seen in a few different restaurants in the Lockport area. Also think they were talking about it on 97 rock this morning. dont know if it's true just passing along the rumor.

478194[/snapback]

His girlfirend is a brunette. Very attractive.

(you learn a lot about this stuff when your customers stiff you).

478170[/snapback]

BUMMER,,,dude !!!!

Watchout for those people in Oregon because the Oregon constitution says any debt that was created outside the Oregon Territory is unenforcible ,,,,I guess that's why they risked their lives on those wagon trains waaaaay back when.......:-)