What A Heartbreaking Game!

R. Rich

Man, did it hurt to see the Nittany Lions lose like that. I thought the OT loss to Iowa a few years ago was bad, or the loss @ home to Minnesota, but this one was just awful.

I love the athleticism of Michael Robinson, but he lacks the in-the-pocket skills to make the Penn State offense as high octane as it should be. He really made some terrible overthrows, and the times he did hook up w/ Derrick Williams, he threw the ball behind him or over his head, taking Derrick out of stride. Robinson's accuracy is going to have to improve for this team to be a Top 10 team. Of course, losing to an unranked team will sting in the polls, even if it is Michigan. That considered, plus taking into consideration the polls' love of PSU, means I expect the Lions to be somewhere in the 16-18 range next week.

Congrats Michigan; you won one heck of a ball game!

Man R.Rich I couldnt agree more about Robinson...here's hoping he improves that accuracy to make this offense a big time offense...

What REALLY killed PSU today on the last drive IMO was the kickoff return...you CANNOT allow the other team to get to midfield on the kickoff...that set the stage for the heartbreaking loss.

It looked like a great game from what I saw. Tough loss for Penn State.

Speaking of another tough loss today, how about Minnesota? The punter drops the ball with 30 seconds left and gives up a touchdown to lose. I wonder if the ST coach had told him to take a saftey if he got into trouble. They were up by 3 at the time.

Man, did it hurt to see the Nittany Lions lose like that.  I thought the OT loss to Iowa a few years ago was bad, or the loss @ home to Minnesota, but this one was just awful. 

I love the athleticism of Michael Robinson, but he lacks the in-the-pocket skills to make the Penn State offense as high octane as it should be.  He really made some terrible overthrows, and the times he did hook up w/ Derrick Williams, he threw the ball behind him or over his head, taking Derrick out of stride.  Robinson's accuracy is going to have to improve for this team to be a Top 10 team.  Of course, losing to an unranked team will sting in the polls, even if it is Michigan.  That considered, plus taking into consideration the polls' love of PSU, means I expect the Lions to be somewhere in the 16-18 range next week.

Congrats Michigan; you won one heck of a ball game!

476688[/snapback]

Heartbreaking? Penn State nearly beat Michigan AND Ohio State in the same season. I say good for them! Coaching success is not just measured in wins and losses, unless you are the media, and have to stir things up

Sounded like a great game. (I was at St. Bonaventure last night, watching a fellow TBDer play in the Legends game; I'll watch the tape when I get a chance.)

No matter if Meechigan is ranked or not, the Big House hex still continues....

Sounded like a great game. (I was at St. Bonaventure last night, watching a fellow TBDer play in the Legends game; I'll watch the tape when I get a chance.)

No matter if Meechigan is ranked or not, the Big House hex still continues....

476861[/snapback]

And if that weren't bad enough, Derrick Williams is done for the year. He broke his arm on the kick return @ the end of the game while attempting to make a tackle. Out 3-4 months.

Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.